ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

♦ Sonic MS | Megan Racing Euro Street Coilovers for the E85/E86 Z4

Sonic Motorsports
1045 West El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
tel: 650-733-6506
fax: 650-691-9009
email: info@sonicms.net

Megan Racing Coil-Over Dampers are the ultimate upgrade to your track or street car. Featuring 32 levels of damper force adjustment, separate spring perch height and shock length adjustment allowing you to retain full suspension stroke and to fine tune your suspension characteristics. These damper kits are then perfectly matched with front and rear Pillow Ball upper mounts.

Compression and rebound settings are easily adjusted through a single damper adjustment knob which is built-in at the top of the damper mount for easy access. Adjustments are simple to tune according to your style of driving and desired comfort level whether you are a professional certified mechanic or an automotive enthusiast with amateur mechanical skills. All of MR's dampers are capable of handling a +2kg/mm or -2kg/mm change in spring rates to further tune your suspension to your desired handling characteristics.

Height adjustments are made with separate CNC-Machined locking spring perches for accuracy and smooth adjustment with separate damper shock length adjustment to retain full-stroke and allows for precision suspension tuning. The wide range of allowable ride-height adjustment allows you to retain the factory ride-height for OEM appearance with performance handling, drop your car all the way down for an aggressive stance, or fine tune your suspension for the race-track to lowering your center of gravity to gain full potential of your vehicle's handling capabilities.

The quality and durability of the Megan Racing Damper kits are unmatched. Made of extremely durable Steel and featuring springs that are constructed of SAE-9254 Cold-Wound Steel which are then tested over 500,000 times by compression inspection.

Applications:
- All E85/E86 Z4 non-M (2002+) MFG PN MR-CDK-E85

Specifications:
Spring Rates:
8kg/mm Front / 11kg/mm Rear

Spring size and shock dimensions/valving code:
Front:
- Spring: S160L-7K
- Shock Dimensions: 100mm shaft; 210mm cylinder
- Valving Code: M1
Rear:
- Spring: V125L-11K
- Shock Dimensions: 157mm shaft; 280mm cylinder
- Valving Code: 44R02

32 Levels of Adjustment:
1-8: Suggested for track use.
9-16: Suggested for mountain/aggressive use.
17-32: Suggested for common street use.

Features:
- 32 Levels of Damper Force Adjustment
- Rubber Upper Mounts
- Rubber Dust Boots
- Adjustable Ride Height
- Aggressive Spring Rates
- Single-Cylinder Design
- Aluminum Brackets
- All Hardware is Included
- All coil-over damper kits come with 1-year manufacturer-defect warranty.

MSRP Pricing:
$999.00*
*Price listed does not include shipping and/or tax if applicable.

For best pricing and ordering information, please call me at 650-733-6506, email at cal@sonicms.net or send me a PM.

Professional installation services with our certified technicians are also available for customers local to the SF Bay Area. Please contact us directly for more information.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
babydevilj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e46 M3. Z4 3.0i

The quality on these shocks are amazing for the price. i must admit these look way better than my pss9s and you can hardly tell the difference between the 2 in comfort. question: why are there lock nuts on the shocks themselves? are these adjustments that im supposed to make as well or should i leave them as they come? (ie the green lock nut on the rear shock itself)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydevilj View Post
The quality on these shocks are amazing for the price. i must admit these look way better than my pss9s and you can hardly tell the difference between the 2 in comfort. question: why are there lock nuts on the shocks themselves? are these adjustments that im supposed to make as well or should i leave them as they come? (ie the green lock nut on the rear shock itself)
There are two levels of adjustment for these coilovers, one using the spring perches for height adjustment and one for the damper shock length adjustment in order to properly calibrate the suspension characteristics depending on how low you want your ride height to be.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep

Thanks to all for your inquiries! All PMs replied.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #5
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 C300 4Matic

I've been trying to send you a PM but no luck...

how much for a set for a 2003 3.0i?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep

ttt
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
Cal@Sonic MS