BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

04-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
jkr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 cpe

ordered a car and not getting deployed again ugh! help!

So, here is the deal guys:

Ordered a 2011 m3 a few months back while I was overseas. The check was sent three weeks ago to superior motors in bahrain who run the bmw military sales. It was sent through military mail so for some reason the check still hasnt arrived there. I call USAA (who is doing my financing) and they say they can cancel the first check and resend another one. Today, I get orders deploying me for another five months. This means I won't even be here when the car arrives now possibly! Now, I have a real problem. Do I:

A) resend another check with the hopes that it gets there fine this time and the hopes that the car gets here before I leave

B) Resend another check and try to have someone else pick it up for me because I will be gone.... has anyone done this?

C) cancel the whole thing and hope I get my down payment back. Is this even possible? The vehicle has already been built and is just waiting on payment to be shipped... also, will they refund my down payment?

Any help would be really appreciated guys as I am dying over here! been waiting on this car for months now and now this happens!! ugh!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
shawrf1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 AW F31

3) Cancel... reorder before redeploying back stateside. Check with Superior Motors and see if they have a "sympathy/hardship" clause or something to that effect (Pentagon Car Sales has this) that allows you to present your new deployment orders to refund your deposit.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
MkLV_M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawrf1 View Post
3) Cancel... reorder before redeploying back stateside. Check with Superior Motors and see if they have a "sympathy/hardship" clause or something to that effect (Pentagon Car Sales has this) that allows you to present your new deployment orders to refund your deposit.
+1

Where is the car being delivered, in the states or Germany?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
jkr
Private
Rep

car is being delivered to the states.

Dave at superior motors is who I have been dealing with. His first response was to have me get the check reissued and that he and bmw have held up their end of the deal and because of this they would not refund my money. I emailed him back explaining how I had paid him much more than even the required deposit out of good faith and because the rest of the balance was in transit. he then responded asking me to get the check reissued and if it wasnt possible then he would talk to the factory.

I can't see how they could possibly not refund my money. Being that they represent BMW as a MILITARY sales component I dont know how they could deny me this. Dont cars get reallocated all the time?

I also asked about possibly getting the car shipped to Israel which is where I am deploying to... anyone have a car delivered there before? I was hoping to be able to drive it while I am over there and then have it shipped back to the states. That would be awesome! might save me on tax too... thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Israel isnt really a deployment.
      04-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
jkr
Private
Rep

Thanks pal, what do you call Israel then? It isn't a COMBAT deployment but a deployment no less.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #7
parafrog1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330I

That's a difficult call......Bahrain could try and sell it to another customer? That customer would of course have to be OK with the way you have it optioned, but the incentive would be that the car is available for immediate deliver. Not sure if this is an option though.

On another note, don't listen to those critical of deployment location. A deployment is a deployment. Just because you're not living under canvas doesn't mean your not deployed. The threat can be something different entirely

A good friend of mine was 'deployed' to Israel. He provided security for, let's just say State Dept people doing source visits in many locations. Sure he lived in great hotels for about half of the time, but he ventured into harm's way daily....more often than probably 80% of those in Iraq. Not a knock on those in Iraq, just making a point about Israel not being a 'real' deployment. I guess its all in how you look at it

Anyway, apologize for the thread jack. I'm gonna ask a guy I know that sold for pentagon and see what his take is. Maybe you have some options. Good luck.
Appreciate 0