EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-16-2023, 09:10 PM   #1
TurboSPeng
Rep
Drives: F80 and 996tt

Issue after battery problem

Need some help here. So my battery completely die after not driving for 3-4weeks on 2015 M3 so I did some research before purchasing a new battery ($1500-1600) found a lot of good info. That the battery has a protection relay that might had click off so I got a ctek lithium charger with the reset feature. Unfortunately it didn’t work for me but I felt it is because of the battery’s internal relay that’s why it won’t read anything. I found a good YouTube video which shows us how to open battery to double check. When I open it it actually read almost full charge before the electronic they suggest u plugging the white plugs for 5 mins and soon as I plug it back in and I heard the click from the relay.
I put the battery back and charger back up and car started right up unfortunately the car still had the replace battery message in the dash.
I figured I had to clear some codes. I started with my bm3 to try to read and clear the codes and it did clear all the codes except the replace battery code. At this time I notice my back up camera and sensors DO NOT WORK. I do believe I read somewhere that when the car see battery issue some of the non essential item won’t work. And back up camera and sensors were non essential.
When to my friend place and use his snap-on scanner and was able to rear more of the codes and clear everything almost register the battery since just clearing it didn’t work.
So I was very hopeful that I was able to clear and take care of the replace battery warning it would take care of the other issue.
Again unfortunately car starts and drive perfectly fine with no warning or error.
Back up camera and sensors still don’t work and was trying to roll the back windows down notice both rear windows don’t work either. I checked all the fuses in the car and found nothing.
So fellow M friend anyone have any idea, suggestions or experience similar issue.
Thanks in advance and appreciate any feedback.

My camera error codes were CA9427 and CA9428
Appreciate 0