EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-04-2022, 05:38 PM   #1
F80_Jeff
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Steering wheel question

I'm fairly certain the answer is yes but can anyone confirm the trim style (no gap in trim) in the picture works with the f8x m steering wheel? Also does anyone know where the little silver clips that hold the trim together can be purchased or have a part#?
Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 09:02 AM   #2
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Howdy!

So, I had an f22 that had the same style, no gap center plastic piece. I can telll you it will not fit the M8x version cover. It is a completely different design on the backside. Unless I am unaware of a different part number I am fairly certain it will not work.

You may, however, be able to convert the whole cover over to your wheel. The f22 folks were always looking to do the opposite. HAHA. But I am almost sure I saw some folks properly modify it to work the opposite of what you are looking to do.

good luck with this!

josh
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2022, 10:27 AM   #3
F80_Jeff
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
Howdy!

So, I had an f22 that had the same style, no gap center plastic piece. I can telll you it will not fit the M8x version cover. It is a completely different design on the backside. Unless I am unaware of a different part number I am fairly certain it will not work.

You may, however, be able to convert the whole cover over to your wheel. The f22 folks were always looking to do the opposite. HAHA. But I am almost sure I saw some folks properly modify it to work the opposite of what you are looking to do.

good luck with this!

josh
Thanks for the input!
Appreciate 0