M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Progressive Claims For An Accident

08-07-2023, 09:05 AM   #23
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

We have the X3M40i and has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I would highly consider it if it fits your needs. That B58 in a smaller package just fits perfect.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 08:24 PM   #24
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Update is closed the deal on the Manhattan today as my CA was back from vacation. He went as deep as he could get "management" to sign off on but sure in that process he explained my customer loyalty to them. Challenge being only two 2024 X5s on the ground and both recent deliveries. A few inbound currently in build states (yeah I checked). So outcome was roughly 7% off MSRP and then I had them drop the $1400 dealer markup for the diamond ceramic paint coating on the vehicle for the total win.

Perhaps not the best deal out there but after checking the X5 forum not bad at all (6 to 10% with the latter lot dwellers). Still not a good time for buying especially with likely one of the hottest items BMW sells. But I needed a new car for the wife and I don't have the time with everything else going on to be negotiating for weeks to save a few more $K that ultimately is not a win but rather an opportunity loss with my time spent elsewhere.

Said time is going to be fighting Progressive for the cash buyout on the 2017. Even explained I'm not waiting for them so the $55K down for a 60 month loan my wife can afford from her teachers salary paycheck requires moving some money around and the EFT starts tomorrow but won't hit the credit union account until Thursday at the latest I'll use to write the check. Picking it up tomorrow with the wife so she can sign the loan docs (helping her build her credit score) and DMV registration, etc. and they won't process the check until Friday as customer loyalty rules. 👍
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 10:23 PM   #25
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2024 Manhattan with Cognac interior X5 is in the house. Hacked my way around iD8 to cut out the BS and set up her driver profile. Will work on mine tomorrow plus configuring a final few options. Was thrown for a loop with the eSIM BS as not sure if that ties back to the AT&T hotspot or not but not paying for that BS.

Plus have to get the front end, hood, A pillars, mirrors, door jams, etc. PPF'd. It already has ceramic on it but had them drop that out of the deal as no way I was going to pay for that. My detailer that will do the PPF would have charged roughly the same for the ceramic but that's my choice vs the dealership's add-on to the sticker.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Tenac4574.00
      08-08-2023, 10:40 PM   #26
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Sweet. And, of course, gonna need a daylight pic.

Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 10:54 PM   #27
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
Sweet. And, of course, gonna need a daylight pic.

Enjoy.
Absolutely. It is stunning as similar to the Tanzanite a true chameleon. Daylight brings out the green but low light it's a gorgeous bronze. More to come with pics and tips on the iD8 hacking as that is a complete shit show. When it was in the pick up bay a "genius" came out to try and explain things. My CA politely stated that if I can't figure it out nobody can. 🤣
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 03:23 PM   #28
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Picked up the license plate and other personal items out of the 2017 X5 today. Penske guy went over the true damage (bent frame) so hence all the parts plus labor (drop the engine, lift the chassis, etc. for the new frame).

Progressive called and $31K buyout minus my $500 deductible. So party on with the new X5 as that wipes away a good part of the $55K I put down in cash to leave the wife with a payment she can afford (even though in a year or two I just pay it off after I recoup some funds for the ongoing remodeling) on her underpaid teachers salary.

Sharing this part as we all need to be cognizant to it. She feels guilty as she was using her cellphone and hence not paying attention and the true cause of the accident. Initially she told me otherwise as I've told her for years not to use the phone while driving as the sole job when behind the wheel is driving and being aware of one's surroundings (aka military terms head on a swivel). I know I'm preaching to the choir on that in the forum but others just don't get it. Her promise is never again unless an emergency call and that means pulling over off the road to do so.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0