E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Just ordered M3 rear sway bar

10-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Just ordered M3 rear sway bar

Ordered a oem rear m3 sway bar for my 335 as i done the front control arms the front stays dead flat so i think the front is almost right the m3 rear bar is thicker so i decided to change the standard one.
Very cheap from ddtuning only $245aud delivered incl.bushes and brackets.
See how it goes might change the front.

Thinking of bmw performance suspension and the yellow springs as well.
      10-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
V1_R
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 530i

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [10.00]
Which control arms did you get? How much was it installed?

Very keen on the results of the M3 sway bar!!!! Will it fit??

Keep us posted.

Last edited by V1_R; 10-03-2010 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #3
suff
On the hunt for PSI
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by perth335i View Post

Keep us posted.
lol.. x 2

$245 seams stupidly cheap?! (thats cheaper than Whiteline bars for my old Subaru's)
      10-04-2010, 02:21 AM   #4
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Keep us posted.
Cost of 4 arms and headlight reg. rod was around $660 aud delivered from bmminiparts. australian bmw dealer was around $450 each arm x4.
And wheel allighnment was done by Ace tyres next to midas recommended tingalpa how has bmws all the time and bmw race cars club discount at midas excellent service took a while and only charge $77 front and back very experience very happy with the service will be going back for my next wheel allighnment.
Wasn't to hard to install the worse part was getting around the plastic wheel arches and under tray.

I installed the control arms and tension struts from the m3 and puts the toe in out of whack 35mm so trying to drive the car down to get a wheel alignment was a bit of drama but after the wheel alignment what a difference stays very flat in corners less understeer and firmer ride on the front turns in quicker as well a recommended mod for 135and 335.
A very cheap mod. excellent.

All the parts are from E92 M3 OEM PARTS and are dirt cheap overseas just the rear sway here is $800 plus with the new brakets and bushings but from usa only $245 all included and shipping as well.
Camber is now -.3 as -.7 was a bit too much.

Here is a bit of info if you want to read it there is heaps of posts on this subject.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...+rear+sway+bar

Last edited by chappy; 10-04-2010 at 02:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
V1_R
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 530i

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [10.00]
according to that thread.. the m3 rear sway bar does not fit... or did i read it wrong?

Regardless, I'm quite interested in this Mod for the front control arms. Did you install yourself or have it done?

When they say get a suspension alignment, is that the same as a wheel alignment? Do you need a special camber kit, or can the toe in be corrected by your local tyre/suspension guy?

Out of curiosity, I'm guessing on the front you went for the following combination:
Left and Right tension struts
Left and Right wishbones
Xenon regulation rod (i'm guessing just 1 is required here)

Last edited by V1_R; 10-04-2010 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
according to that thread.. the m3 rear sway bar does not fit... or did i read it wrong?

Regardless, I'm quite interested in this Mod for the front control arms. Did you install yourself or have it done?

When they say get a suspension alignment, is that the same as a wheel alignment? Do you need a special camber kit, or can the toe in be corrected by your local tyre/suspension guy?

Out of curiosity, I'm guessing on the front you went for the following combination:
Left and Right tension struts
Left and Right wishbones
Xenon regulation rod (i'm guessing just 1 is required here)
Regarding the tension struts i did them at home pretty easy the only thing it throws the toe in out 35mm so its had to drive to the wheel alighnment place go to one thats very close and one that does race cars or bmws so they can do the specs. for the neg-camber for the best camber angle.
The M3 rear bar you have to buy the brackets and the M3 bushes all 4 of them because the brackets and bushes off the 335 won't fit the M3 bar.
      10-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Sounds good mate. Will be a bigger job getting it installed than the front though, as you will have to drop the diff I think.

Keen to see if you will notice much difference once it's in.

Have you got yourself a procede yet
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 10:13 PM   #8
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsboost View Post
Sounds good mate. Will be a bigger job getting it installed than the front though, as you will have to drop the diff I think.

Keen to see if you will notice much difference once it's in.

Have you got yourself a procede yet
XSBOOST

Funny you mention that because last 2 nights i have been reading between the JB3 and proceed rev2 and i got right to the end of the order form and pulled out last night $1033us del. and from southern bm $1295plus del.
I still really really thinking about it see what happens tonight i might buy it from vishnu.com in the states while the dollar is up.
How can you talk me into it xsboost.
      10-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #9
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
How can you talk me into it xsboost.
I would recommend the procede over the JB3.

I'm not kidding when I say this, but once that baby goes in, it will feel like a completely different car. You will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. By far the best bang for your buck mod out there
Appreciate 0