BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics

10-27-2023, 12:00 PM   #1
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

i drive 8 question for android auto users

Really silly annoying thing , if i have something on the screen via android auto like Google maps why when i put car in reverse and then contine in drive does the same screen i had on not come back on really winds me up ,i have to look for the Android auto button and press it whilst driving to get the maps back up ,I'm sure it was not that a couple of weeks ago when i got the car....surely it should simply go back to where it was before the rear camera came on ,makes no sense..

Last edited by ninja_geezer; 10-28-2023 at 03:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 03:31 AM   #2
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

No android users out there ?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 10:53 AM   #3
Zatellia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 ZB (Manual)

I honestly haven't noticed this yet but I wasn't looking for it either, once I leave work ill give it a shot and see what I can figure out
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 05:58 PM   #4
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatellia View Post
I honestly haven't noticed this yet but I wasn't looking for it either, once I leave work ill give it a shot and see what I can figure out
many thanks let me know...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 10:13 AM   #5
SDKevin
Cone Killer
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i, Ducati 1299S

Agreed, mine does that. Launches Android Auto just fine but does not return to it after reverse.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2023, 12:46 PM   #6
mynameisnick4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Android user here, same behavior. Another PITA with Android that I haven't found a good work around to yet is trying to connect to the WiFi on the dash cam. I only have tried once or twice but trying to connect to the dashcam wifi with Android auto set up is nearly impossible.

My phone constantly connects back to the android auto wifi network of the car. I eventually got it to stay connected long enough to grab footage but it's super annoying that there isn't an easy way (that I know of) to temporarily turn off Android auto on my phone.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2023, 02:09 PM   #7
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

just to let you know it does the same on apple car play tried that also ....
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 02:11 PM   #8
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisnick4 View Post
Android user here, same behavior. Another PITA with Android that I haven't found a good work around to yet is trying to connect to the WiFi on the dash cam. I only have tried once or twice but trying to connect to the dashcam wifi with Android auto set up is nearly impossible.

My phone constantly connects back to the android auto wifi network of the car. I eventually got it to stay connected long enough to grab footage but it's super annoying that there isn't an easy way (that I know of) to temporarily turn off Android auto on my phone.
Hence why i only use a dashcam that i can take the micro sd card out of instantly,i used to have wifi dashcams a few years ago but in recent years use the Viofo cameras and they have been great.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 02:23 PM   #9
Chris13002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_geezer View Post
Really silly annoying thing , if i have something on the screen via android auto like Google maps why when i put car in reverse and then contine in drive does the same screen i had on not come back on really winds me up ,i have to look for the Android auto button and press it whilst driving to get the maps back up ,I'm sure it was not that a couple of weeks ago when i got the car....surely it should simply go back to where it was before the rear camera came on ,makes no sense..
I just started experiencing this on the latest software update I received. Before it worked just fine. Guess the next software update should fix this annoying issue.
Appreciate 1