Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Marketplace Members Classifieds Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers Project Mu Type PS front and rear brake pads

10-27-2023, 10:44 AM   #1
Defpo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M340i xdrive

Garage List
Project Mu Type PS front and rear brake pads

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 300.00

Item Interest
For sale is a set of brand new front and rear Project Mu Type PS brake pads. Fits older m sport brakes. Did not fit my LCI 2023 due to change in pin location. If your calipers pins look like mine in the pictures, these will not fit. The picture of the removed caliper is the older pin location that will fit.

These cost over $400 and took 2 months to be made and shipped from Japan. My loss is your gain.

Prefer local pickup, but will ship at buyers expense.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 01:26 PM   #2
Defpo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bump
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 04:49 PM   #3
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

You could probably drill out the pad backing plate and enlarge the hole so it will fit the new location?
      12-22-2023, 04:53 PM   #4
Defpo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
You could probably drill out the pad backing plate and enlarge the hole so it will fit the new location?
I definitely considered it lol. I would have to cut the backing plate as shown below, and I’m not really comfortable running it like that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 05:02 PM   #5
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defpo View Post
I definitely considered it lol. I would have to cut the backing plate as shown below, and I’m not really comfortable running it like that.
It does look pretty ugly but I don't think it would be a safety concern. The pins hold the pad from sliding outward, even slotted like that, it will hold. The force on the pad is in the rotating direction of the pads not moving in/outward. That's why it can hold the pads with two small metal pins. But totally up to your own comfort.

I happened to pop up on your thread while discussing brake pads for 2022+ M340i cars and saw your great pics showing the difference.

Good luck with the sale!
      12-22-2023, 05:11 PM   #6
Defpo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
It does look pretty ugly but I don't think it would be a safety concern. The pins hold the pad from sliding outward, even slotted like that, it will hold. The force on the pad is in the rotating direction of the pads not moving in/outward. That's why it can hold the pads with two small metal pins. But totally up to your own comfort.

I happened to pop up on your thread while discussing brake pads for 2022+ M340i cars.

Good luck with the sale!
Yeah. I realize there would be very little force acting on the little ‘arms’ left over, but at this point I would rather wait for a purpose designed pad that actually fits. If the aftermarket takes forever to actually release pads, and these don’t sell, maybe I will give it a shot.
Appreciate 0