M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Man and machine in perfect harmony…

10-10-2023, 06:24 AM   #1
Seaford
Permanently confused
Rep
Drives: 840i M Sport Gran Coupe

Man and machine in perfect harmony…

Had one of those great drives late last night where everything slipped into place. About ninety minutes of fast single lane country ‘A’ roads, light traffic, no muppets or roadworks to stop the flow.

I normally just drive and don’t have any great emotion either way about it but this was fantastic. Car working like a dream (even if it is ‘only an 840’).

A big shout out for the adaptive laser lights. Truly astonishing, on main beam nearly all the way without any flashing headlights from drivers coming the other way, permanently adjusting range, direction and spread, even picking out road signs. Never really noticed them before, but what a great piece of kit.

That’s it!
Appreciate 7
      10-10-2023, 10:56 PM   #2
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaford View Post
Had one of those great drives late last night where everything slipped into place. About ninety minutes of fast single lane country ‘A’ roads, light traffic, no muppets or roadworks to stop the flow.

I normally just drive and don’t have any great emotion either way about it but this was fantastic. Car working like a dream (even if it is ‘only an 840’).

A big shout out for the adaptive laser lights. Truly astonishing, on main beam nearly all the way without any flashing headlights from drivers coming the other way, permanently adjusting range, direction and spread, even picking out road signs. Never really noticed them before, but what a great piece of kit.

That’s it!
Why do you 8 series guy always give us an out as if we’re thinking our Ms are soooo much better? 8 series and M both beautiful machines and each is placed differently in the world. Just not sure about those GCs.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 12:29 AM   #3
Seaford
Permanently confused
Rep
Drives: 840i M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
Why do you 8 series guy always give us an out as if we’re thinking our Ms are soooo much better? 8 series and M both beautiful machines and each is placed differently in theworld. Just not sure about those GCs.
I understand - I am not sure about the non GC and convertible 8 Series as all my friends that need a back seat have legs.

Last edited by Seaford; 10-11-2023 at 06:30 AM..
Appreciate 2
      10-12-2023, 07:13 AM   #4
Kponti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8C comp

Well I am 6'3" and I got the coupe cos I needed a backseat.....for small item storage 😂
Appreciate 1
Seaford1163.00