Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA Tire Mounting in South Jersey

10-07-2023, 10:44 PM   #1
PegasusDriver
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Tire Mounting in South Jersey

Anybody have reccomendations on tire mounting shops in South Jersey? My local BMW dealer scratched all 4 wheels mounting tires on my last car a year ago and I just bought new 792M’s for my M340i and hoping to not damage them before they even make it to the car. Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2023, 12:32 AM   #2
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Pathetic to hear that about your dealer. BMW forces dealers to modernize their equipment and dealers should all have leverless tire mounting machines with bead breakers that won't mar wheels. Ridiculous to think your dealer has an untrained or uncaring person handling tire changes. I'd complain to BMW NA so they're aware that stupidity prevails.

Call higher end tire shops and ask them what equipment they have to mount and balance. The best mounting machines are manufactured by Hunter Engineering and Corghi. You can also check Tire Racks website and their certified installer list. This list should identify the machines they use. Ask lots of questions and let the shop know what your expectations are. Take photos at drop off for evidence just in case the shop took a dose of the same moron pills your dealer did.

Good luck.
      10-08-2023, 09:50 AM   #3
PegasusDriver
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Pathetic to hear that about your dealer. BMW forces dealers to modernize their equipment and dealers should all have leverless tire mounting machines with bead breakers that won't mar wheels. Ridiculous to think your dealer has an untrained or uncaring person handling tire changes. I'd complain to BMW NA so they're aware that stupidity prevails.

Call higher end tire shops and ask them what equipment they have to mount and balance. The best mounting machines are manufactured by Hunter Engineering and Corghi. You can also check Tire Racks website and their certified installer list. This list should identify the machines they use. Ask lots of questions and let the shop know what your expectations are. Take photos at drop off for evidence just in case the shop took a dose of the same moron pills your dealer did.

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice, funny thing is I’ve seen their shop and they have all the Hunter equipment which looked pretty new. I guess it was just a careless tech working on my car that day. They repaired the wheels after I brought it to their attention, but it would’ve been nice to avoid that entirely.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2023, 03:39 PM   #4
jg4c
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusDriver View Post
Anybody have reccomendations on tire mounting shops in South Jersey? My local BMW dealer scratched all 4 wheels mounting tires on my last car a year ago and I just bought new 792M’s for my M340i and hoping to not damage them before they even make it to the car. Thanks in advance
The problem is the tech that worked on your tires. Just careless.

Don't know how far south you are, and if you want to go north to Mahwah. NJ.
Eurotech is a top notch shop that is very careful.

I watched the tech put AS tires on my brand new 2022 M340i when new, and was amazed at the level of care he used.
Not a mark on any wheel after mounting and balancing.

They work on some very high end cars, and they can't afford to screw up. Might be worth the trip.

https://eurotechms.com/
Appreciate 0