home
Technical Sections Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

06-20-2023, 01:34 PM   #1
FSECorey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw M4, BMW X7m50, MC senna

Stock G82 buttonwillow 1:54.01 instruction lap

Yesterday, on June 19th, I had an exhilarating day at the track with my G82 M4x and some formula cars. I decided to use the new Good Year 3R tires, which I believe improved its performance significantly due to the side wall stiffness . I began the day giving my girlfriend an instructional lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnETzbNHTNg

During my second lap, I saw an opening and my girlfriend wasn't aware I'm going to do an hot lap. 1:54.01 is the lap time. In the afternoon session, I achieved a similar time of 1:55. While I am satisfied with these times, I believe that with three more practice laps, I could potentially bring it down to 1:53.5 or even lower. However, my interest waned, and I decided to switch to driving formula cars for the remainder of the day. Nevertheless, I'm determined to give it my all next time and strive for even better results.

Having spent a considerable amount of time driving the G82, I have thoroughly fine-tuned its factory alignment specifications multiple times. Based on my experience, I feel confident in sharing insights on how to make the G82 faster.

Although I've always been a big fan of the E46 and E92 models, the G82 M4x has truly impressed me, and I'm convinced that it was an excellent choice."

non sports seat
ACC equipped
AC full blow in cold
window up " booked the whole track "
full tank of gas in the morning.
tire pressure 28 cold 34 hot after exit
full stock g82 m4 , definitely not the lightest option m4 out there, so I think with lighter option, your car can do better than mine.
Appreciate 4
Jon H393.00
jmg18768.50
      06-20-2023, 01:58 PM   #2
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
Nice time with only tires. What is your preferred alignment setup?
      06-20-2023, 03:18 PM   #3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

really impressive. great driving!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 05:24 PM   #4
seals9121
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
Nice time with only tires. What is your preferred alignment setup?
I do toe in rear toe out front.
the front camber is non adjustable. so I dail the back to -2. the front stays at -1.5 max. so it's pretty much stock alignment spec with little adjustment for the toe.

it really kills my tires , on re-71r. it last just one lap. the second lap the lap time significantly dropped. so it's literally a one lap car. so to be honest, I really have to do everything in one lap. it's kinda annoying.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 06:30 PM   #5
BrendanZ0402
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 GTP 6MT

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seals9121 View Post
I do toe in rear toe out front.
the front camber is non adjustable. so I dail the back to -2. the front stays at -1.5 max. so it's pretty much stock alignment spec with little adjustment for the toe.

it really kills my tires , on re-71r. it last just one lap. the second lap the lap time significantly dropped. so it's literally a one lap car. so to be honest, I really have to do everything in one lap. it's kinda annoying.
I'd suggest if you are planning on tracking the car regularly, doing front camber plates and SPL rear upper arms + toe arms. This gives you the ability to get a real track alignment setup. It pays for itself after 2 sets of tires!
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2023, 11:33 PM   #6
FSECorey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw M4, BMW X7m50, MC senna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanZ0402 View Post
I'd suggest if you are planning on tracking the car regularly, doing front camber plates and SPL rear upper arms + toe arms. This gives you the ability to get a real track alignment setup. It pays for itself after 2 sets of tires!
thanks for the advice. The goal is to setup stock lap time record and next step is suspension upgrade. Ill update the correct track alignment spec once it's done.
Appreciate 2
      06-23-2023, 12:11 AM   #7
myg80m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSECorey View Post
Yesterday, on June 19th, I had an exhilarating day at the track with my G82 M4x and some formula cars. I decided to use the new Good Year 3R tires, which I believe improved its performance significantly due to the side wall stiffness . I began the day giving my girlfriend an instructional lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnETzbNHTNg

During my second lap, I saw an opening and my girlfriend wasn't aware I'm going to do an hot lap. 1:54.01 is the lap time. In the afternoon session, I achieved a similar time of 1:55. While I am satisfied with these times, I believe that with three more practice laps, I could potentially bring it down to 1:53.5 or even lower. However, my interest waned, and I decided to switch to driving formula cars for the remainder of the day. Nevertheless, I'm determined to give it my all next time and strive for even better results.

Having spent a considerable amount of time driving the G82, I have thoroughly fine-tuned its factory alignment specifications multiple times. Based on my experience, I feel confident in sharing insights on how to make the G82 faster.

Although I've always been a big fan of the E46 and E92 models, the G82 M4x has truly impressed me, and I'm convinced that it was an excellent choice."

non sports seat
ACC equipped
AC full blow in cold
window up " booked the whole track "
full tank of gas in the morning.
tire pressure 28 cold 34 hot after exit
full stock g82 m4 , definitely not the lightest option m4 out there, so I think with lighter option, your car can do better than mine.
1:54 at Button is pretty fast. Great work
Appreciate 0