BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum Monthly Payments on XM

03-25-2023, 11:38 PM   #1
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Monthly Payments on XM

Just curious to see if some of those on here are kind enough to share the monthly here. I'm vacillating back and forth with what to do when my F95 lease is up. Part of me wants to keep it. Part of me wants to get the LCI F95 and now looking at some of in-person photos from real people (read: not CARWOW or Throttle House etc.) over the last few days, an all black one with red interior might look fierce.

But if we're into $3K monthly, I'd rather wait on our 992 GT3 allocation. I don't think I could sell a $3K/mo. SUV to Mrs. Malibu.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 02:55 AM   #2
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

I assume since you are asking you are referring to BMWFS numbers, since financing and payments are driven by the rate you get and you would know where you stand with institutions you currently do business with…

I did not go through it in full on a lease but I recall it being not very good but maybe someone else can chime in..

For financing BMWFS has started segmenting rates depending on the vehicle, there is no longer one baseline for all vehicles (save specials) but different depending on the vehicle… in March for the XM they are 5.6 @ 72 and 5.1 @ 60
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 04:42 AM   #3
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Fully versed in the F&I shenanigans. Should have actually clarified a tad more. How are these leasing? We run out cars through our business because we drive a lot to work. Leasing makes more sense. The rates are going to be digusting because of Powell & Co. trying to stamp out inflation, but I suppose with a few current data points one could easily see what the monthly cost would be in a even a semi normally rate environment. I financed my ‘21 X5M at like 3.4% IIRC. I won’t even tell you what my wife’s lease rate was on her Macan S w/ PFS.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 02:36 PM   #4
padrino
Alpina!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiemalibu View Post
Fully versed in the F&I shenanigans. Should have actually clarified a tad more. How are these leasing? We run out cars through our business because we drive a lot to work. Leasing makes more sense. The rates are going to be digusting because of Powell & Co. trying to stamp out inflation, but I suppose with a few current data points one could easily see what the monthly cost would be in a even a semi normally rate environment. I financed my ‘21 X5M at like 3.4% IIRC. I won’t even tell you what my wife’s lease rate was on her Macan S w/ PFS.
I do the same but finance for various reasons, mainly the asset carry with less cash month to month…

In any case it’s bad, I had one worksheet done up for me with 0 dealer markup on the rate and it was north of $2700 per month for the lease, the residual is probably crap….

Still not as bad as PFS, my 911 is through PFS and it’s really rough, they know if you want a Porsche you want a Porsche :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 10:22 PM   #5
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by padrino View Post
Still not as bad as PFS, my 911 is through PFS and it’s really rough, they know if you want a Porsche you want a Porsche :-)
Spot on there. I mean how else do you finance a higher specced 911 other than PFS? I've read mixed things about Woodside if you're truly concerned about the monthly and want to amortize over like 120 months. That's about it though: the entire Porsche buying experience is different. The whole ADM/allocation/buy-a-couple-SUVs-w/-a bunch-of-extras/add-ons to get bumped up the GT3 allocation list is equal parts bullsh*t and intrigue. Like you said though: If you want a Porsche, you want a Porsche. And I want a 992 GT3.

Back to the XM though, probably means in a regular interest rate scenario (high 2% to mid 3%) this is a $2000/mo. buggy. Drop it under $2K and I'm probably most of the way there. The closer that number is to three though...and I'm thinking GT3 daily.

If you have a good connect a P-Car dealer PM me. I'd like to have a backup in case my SA can't get an allocation first of next year.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 11:27 PM   #6
SHARMAATL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

A big reason I skipped the XM and got an X7 M60i is that I'm waiting for a GTS cabrio allocation. 120k + 170k is a bit easier to stomach than 170k X2.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2023, 06:18 AM   #7
padrino
Alpina!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redreximus View Post
Same MF as every other BMW right now.
Residuals are not the best.
10/12k/15k is 54/53/51

If you can even get base MF and MSRP then it's about 3k down and 2700 a month.

No rebates.

Only one rebate, the 2K Truecar rebate does work for the XM, surprised my dealer but it’s listed and BMW approved.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 04:06 PM   #8
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiemalibu View Post
Spot on there. I mean how else do you finance a higher specced 911 other than PFS? I've read mixed things about Woodside if you're truly concerned about the monthly and want to amortize over like 120 months. That's about it though: the entire Porsche buying experience is different. The whole ADM/allocation/buy-a-couple-SUVs-w/-a bunch-of-extras/add-ons to get bumped up the GT3 allocation list is equal parts bullsh*t and intrigue. Like you said though: If you want a Porsche, you want a Porsche. And I want a 992 GT3.

Back to the XM though, probably means in a regular interest rate scenario (high 2% to mid 3%) this is a $2000/mo. buggy. Drop it under $2K and I'm probably most of the way there. The closer that number is to three though...and I'm thinking GT3 daily.

If you have a good connect a P-Car dealer PM me. I'd like to have a backup in case my SA can't get an allocation first of next year.
You need a better Porsche dealer. I just picked up my Taycan CT 4S, no ADM, no deposit for waiting list or at freeze date. Order was out in May of last year, when every other dealer was going ADM crazy. Only my second ordered Porsche from them too.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 09:54 PM   #9
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
You need a better Porsche dealer. I just picked up my Taycan CT 4S, no ADM, no deposit for waiting list or at freeze date. Order was out in May of last year, when every other dealer was going ADM crazy. Only my second ordered Porsche from them too.
Process was pretty smooth with our dealer. We ordered our Macan S last week of August/first week of September and it was at the dealership on Black Friday. No allocation games. No ADM. No markup. No hassle. And they shipped it covered for free.

I think a Macan S is a different animal compared to a Taycan Cross 4S which is in itself a different animal from a GT3. I highly doubt a new(ish) buyer is walking into the average Porsche dealer and getting an allocation for a customizable GT3 at MSRP. My best guess is (based on a bunch of Rennlist research -- taken both for what its worth and with a grain of salt), unless you've got a dealer you have a long term relationship with and/or have bought a lot of cars from, you're playing the ADM/waitlist game. Especially in this high interest/low production/greedy manufacturer environment that is the 2023 car market.

That said if you have some компромат and are willing to share the wealth, I'd happily accept a PM with your contact's info lol. Mere peasants such as myself must hope, wait and pray.
Appreciate 0