BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) Photos, Videos and Builds

12-02-2022, 08:42 PM   #1
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 230i

Build start production without VIN?

Ordered the car at the end of October and was originally told that the car would enter production at the beginning of January. Have been call every few weeks for updates, since the CA, who will be referred to as "salesman" since he provided zero advice and doesn't respond to messages.

Today I finally got him on the phone and he is telling me the car started production last week, which was a surprise. First because of the lack of communication and second because now I won't get the BMW CCA rebate. :
And to top it off, I wanted to add Park Assistant, which just became an option again on the 230i.
And the Salesman is telling me it's too late to add anything to the order. How does it go from ordering the vehicle, nothing and then bam ready in a few weeks. Not upset about the time line, just the horrible communication.

Even after talking to the salesman, he still hasn't provided the VIN number.
Is this guy bullshitting me or is he just that careless. Really expected better customer service from a brand like BMW. I'll call back tomorrow and try to talk to a manager who can tell me exactly what's happening.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 10:33 PM   #2
StolenLexus
Rep
Drives: 23 230i

Son of a... they added the parking package back to the 230i?

If the car is actually in production, there will be a VIN assigned to it. Don't know why the salesman would withhold that information from you unless they're a liar/scumbag.

Hope you get things sorted out.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 11:13 PM   #3
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

VINs typically get assigned 2 weeks before the car enters the assembly line
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 09:37 AM   #4
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the information. Still trying to get someone from the dealership to talk to me, other the the receptionist.

Really surprised that the vin information wouldn't be communicated via email. Then again the salesman could just be a liar.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 09:48 AM   #5
ichibuns
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i '23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLEDz View Post
Thanks for the information. Still trying to get someone from the dealership to talk to me, other the the receptionist.

Really surprised that the vin information wouldn't be communicated via email. Then again the salesman could just be a liar.
There should be a production number that they can give you that you can put into bmw mygarage. It will automatically update and show your VIN when it is assigned. Your CA should have given it to you from the spec/allocation sheet. I would ask for that.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 10:49 AM   #6
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichibuns View Post
Quote:

There should be a production number that they can give you that you can put into bmw mygarage. It will automatically update and show your VIN when it is assigned. Your CA should have given it to you from the spec/allocation sheet. I would ask for that.
He didn't give me anything. Just a tiny receipt for the deposit. Had to push for a copy of the agreed order.

The worst part is every time I call to say I'm having a bad experience with the salesman, the managers just transfer me right back to the him. Guess that's their way of saying " you didn't buy an X5 so who cares"

This time he finally gave me the VIN via a screenshot of his monitor. From the picture I can see the car is status 150.

Did they add the park assistance package that I'd been calling about? Probably not. But don't know since after the salesman sent me the picture, he hung up.

My wife says I should cancel the order and start over fresh.
Me:
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 06:46 AM   #7
Jonesymx29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
He didn't give me anything. Just a tiny receipt for the deposit. Had to push for a copy of the agreed order.

The worst part is every time I call to say I'm having a bad experience with the salesman, the managers just transfer me right back to the him. Guess that's their way of saying " you didn't buy an X5 so who cares"

This time he finally gave me the VIN via a screenshot of his monitor. From the picture I can see the car is status 150.

Did they add the park assistance package that I'd been calling about? Probably not. But don't know since after the salesman sent me the picture, he hung up.

Me:
Oh wow, I'm sorry you're having to go through that - this salesman sounds like a nightmare!

What you should do, now that you have your VIN # is set up a MyBMW account if you haven't already, and add this car into your "garage". That way you can trace its progress and get all of the info you need out of it, such as if they did add the parking package or not. You can do that by doing the "F12" trick since you have your VIN.

https://www.******.com/threads/statu...er-trick.3795/

If you have the pricing guide with all the codes, you can decipher what options you have as well. There's also mdecoder.com - just punch the VIN in here and it'll list everything out.

Hope that helps!
2006 Saab 9-3 2.0t - Fusion Blue over Slate Gray (Gone)
1999 Saab 9-5 SE - Green Silver Metallic over Beige (Gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 09:18 PM   #8
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesymx29 View Post
Quote:

Me:
Oh wow, I'm sorry you're having to go through that - this salesman sounds like a nightmare!

What you should do, now that you have your VIN # is set up a MyBMW account if you haven't already, and add this car into your "garage". That way you can trace its progress and get all of the info you need out of it, such as if they did add the parking package or not. You can do that by doing the "F12" trick since you have your VIN.

https://www.******.com/threads/statu...er-trick.3795/

If you have the pricing guide with all the codes, you can decipher what options you have as well. There's also mdecoder.com - just punch the VIN in here and it'll list everything out.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the information. I've setup the myBMW and entered the VIN. Unfortunately it only list "delivery underway" when I select my garage in the app. The website gives me an error every time I select garage. Possibly an issue with BMW?

I'll give the F12 trick a try and see what information I can find.

Schedule to meet the salesman and a manager this coming weekend to see what options I have, if I want park assist. Start a new order, suck it up or a third thing I don't know about. The best part is the salesman set the meeting for 9am and I think the dealership opens at 10am. I'll double check and hopefully I'm wrong about the time.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 07:53 AM   #9
Jonesymx29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
Thanks for the information. I've setup the myBMW and entered the VIN. Unfortunately it only list "delivery underway" when I select my garage in the app. The website gives me an error every time I select garage. Possibly an issue with BMW?

I'll give the F12 trick a try and see what information I can find.

Schedule to meet the salesman and a manager this coming weekend to see what options I have, if I want park assist. Start a new order, suck it up or a third thing I don't know about. The best part is the salesman set the meeting for 9am and I think the dealership opens at 10am. I'll double check and hopefully I'm wrong about the time.
You need to do it on desktop, the mobile app doesn't give you any of that information. Best of luck with your SA!
2006 Saab 9-3 2.0t - Fusion Blue over Slate Gray (Gone)
1999 Saab 9-5 SE - Green Silver Metallic over Beige (Gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 09:29 PM   #10
BlueLEDz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Found the answer on the G20 page on why the my BMW garage page won’t load. It seems to be related to information not being entered.

Here are the steps to fix it:

1. Login to the My BMW app.
2. Click ADD MY BMW.
3. It will ask "Have you received your vehicle?". Select YES no matter if you have the car or not. Selecting YES will take you to the personal info screen.
4. Now type in your name/address.
5. Click Send.
6. On the next screen it will ask for the VIN number. At this point you can go back or exit the app however you do it on your phone. Now you can browse the app or website without any errors.
Appreciate 0