G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - California

11-28-2022, 10:28 AM   #1
g80z
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: honda civicghini

Garage List
Story+Speeding Ticket Help?

well... I will not deny nor approve the statement but I may or may not have pulled over on 101 and been cited for excessive speed over 100mph...

The first time being pulled over, for this reason. Lenient and respectful officers treated them that way back, they cited it as an infraction on the ticket. Didn't radar but claimed the exceeded three-digit speed to catch up to me, and no I didn't see them until I could hear them... with music playing... so they were on my ass before I even realized.

not looking to fight it but does anyone have any idea of some sort of ticket dismisser that can lower cost or penalty? it was just the other night so I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet but I thought the forums should be of some sort of help or guidance.

Haven't even gotten the g80 yet so this obviously causes a bit of stress, and you're damn right i drove home at 64mph the rest of the night with no music

EDIT: Also have another open ticket I'm pleading not guilty for but that was quoted for 80 in a 55 which was measured by... drum roll... visual estimation. but wrote 83 on the ticket...

This ticket is on top... so I guess I will try my best with this as well... rather young and don't want my insurance to shoot up more so will look into the ticket dismissers.

TIA

Last edited by g80z; 11-28-2022 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:28 PM   #2
Mowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2022 BMW M4   [10.00]
Don't know your state but ….

1. I typically try and get it reduced by getting a traffic lawyer. Some states don't need them and you can just meet with a prosecutor to get it lowered to something non moving or without points on your license.

2. Take a defensive driving class before hand and show the certificate.

3. Lots of this is predicated on your current driving record. If it's pretty good they should both help to keep points and or a moving violation off your record.

Best of luck ! It's easy to get these cars over 100 while on the highway.
      11-28-2022, 01:47 PM   #3
Uoflfan27
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi

Definitely get a lawyer. Cost of the lawyer will be far less than your increased insurance premiums if you take the points on that ticket.
Appreciate 2
g80z673.00
Limegrntaln13472.00
      11-28-2022, 01:54 PM   #4
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Up until about 3 years ago, I hadn't been pulled over in 27 years. I figured my time was up, and interestingly enough, I was in my commuter. Actually, I didn't have my M4 yet, this was around 2019.

Pulled over for 90+, straddling a lane, not even sure what that was about. Disobeying a highway sign... It would seem to me like the cop had a younger, ride along, that was also in uniform, and wanted to prove a point.

Either way, always get a traffic lawyer. I used Off the Record (The Smoking Tire has a discount code). I think it was $99. They go to court for you, which was worth the $99, all by itself. The app worked like a text message app. They text you over the app, you reply, and post a picture of your ticket. They hook you up with a lawyer. The lawyer gets on the app, and tells you what the cost is.

First court appearance, just the lawyer, pleaded not guilty, which set a court date. Apparently, the lawyers have more leeway and are allowed to set their own court dates, because of the amount of cases and days they are in court. My lawyer knew the cop, and had an idea of when he was and wasn't going to be there. Cop FTA, everything dismissed. I think the original ticket, was $648 all included. $99 was well worth it.

Appreciate 4
g80z673.00
jmg18708.00
      11-28-2022, 01:56 PM   #5
astroricardo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx TR/Tartufo

You always want to fight it, hire a traffic/ticket lawyer. If you're really lucky, the cop won't even show. I've lived in a few places, but sometimes when you show up in court they have already pleaded everything down for you and say something like 'ok no points, pay this and attend traffic school'. Never just take the ticket if you can help it. My opinion anyway
Appreciate 3
g80z673.00
Limegrntaln13472.00
jmg18708.00
      11-28-2022, 06:44 PM   #6
forumlurker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: almost every day

Probably best talk to the officer and say you made a mistake and itll only be a one time thing. They can talk to the judge and reduce it to a normal speeding ticket.

Otherwise lawyer up and hopefully your attorney has connects locally.
Appreciate 2
T0RM3NT3642.00
      11-30-2022, 12:22 PM   #7
Sonic M4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Frozen Black Metallic

check these guys out... they are great https://ticketdismissers.com/
Eibach springs Stance Wheels
@SonicM4_
Appreciate 1
g80z673.00
      11-30-2022, 04:57 PM   #8
astroricardo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx TR/Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumlurker View Post
Probably best talk to the officer and say you made a mistake and itll only be a one time thing.

too funny... have you ever been pulled over?
Appreciate 1
g80z673.00
      11-30-2022, 07:11 PM   #9
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroricardo View Post

too funny... have you ever been pulled over?
I have, and being contrite and apologetic got it dismissed without shenanigans.

I've fought a couple others and won too. Clean record with 0 incidences on my file.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2023, 11:08 PM   #10
TT_mand
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by g80z View Post
well... I will not deny nor approve the statement but I may or may not have pulled over on 101 and been cited for excessive speed over 100mph...

The first time being pulled over, for this reason. Lenient and respectful officers treated them that way back, they cited it as an infraction on the ticket. Didn't radar but claimed the exceeded three-digit speed to catch up to me, and no I didn't see them until I could hear them... with music playing... so they were on my ass before I even realized.

not looking to fight it but does anyone have any idea of some sort of ticket dismisser that can lower cost or penalty? it was just the other night so I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet but I thought the forums should be of some sort of help or guidance.

Haven't even gotten the g80 yet so this obviously causes a bit of stress, and you're damn right i drove home at 64mph the rest of the night with no music

EDIT: Also have another open ticket I'm pleading not guilty for but that was quoted for 80 in a 55 which was measured by... drum roll... visual estimation. but wrote 83 on the ticket...

This ticket is on top... so I guess I will try my best with this as well... rather young and don't want my insurance to shoot up more so will look into the ticket dismissers.

TIA
There’s an app called off the record. I have used it about half a dozen times in the last 5-6 years. They’ve gotten every single ticket dismissed. Best part is you pay them, send them the ticket info they need, and you forget about the ticket. They do everything for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 01:25 AM   #11
g80z
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: honda civicghini

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_mand View Post
There’s an app called off the record. I have used it about half a dozen times in the last 5-6 years. They’ve gotten every single ticket dismissed. Best part is you pay them, send them the ticket info they need, and you forget about the ticket. They do everything for you.

I ended up going with them! It’s being handled rn!
Appreciate 0