11-23-2022, 05:19 PM   #1
OneSlickM
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 G80CX, 09 Civic Si

Garage List
2023 M3CX  [0.00]
Looking for a place to stay in San Diego

Mods, please move/delete if this doesn't belong here. While I wait for my car to start production I will be in San Diego beginning BMW's MSTEP program to become a certified technician for BMW. I'll be retiring from the Air Force after 20 years as an aircraft mechanic shifting over to the automotive world. I'm lucky enough that this program is provided through the military and let's me spend the last 6 months of my time learning and preparing for my next career.

My class starts on Dec 5th and I'm looking forward to becoming a Mr. again and learning new technology in a field that I enjoy. It is a little nerve wracking with the transition back to the civilian life and work force but I'm optimistic and hopeful that things will go as smooth as possible. As one chapter ends a new one begins.

There is one slight hiccup that I'm having before the start of my class and that's finding a place to stay for the next 4 months. With that said, I'm reaching out to the community for some help. I have been on FB marketplace rentals, Airbnb and even Craigslist to see if I can find a short term place while I'm there as my initial plan fell through (family member was diagnosed with lung cancer). If anyone has any insight or ideas on the best place to locate a spot to stay it would mean a lot and I'd greatly appreciate it. This community is so supportive and amazing and I can't wait for the opportunity to share my enthusiasm and build with all of you.
Appreciate 2
M3 boi3211.00
      11-23-2022, 11:20 PM   #2
superiaultra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red M3

What’s your budget? It’s not hard finding a short term lease in SD. They just charge you more. Month by month is usually cheaper via AirBnB. But if you are trying to stick to a certain budget it might be harder.
Appreciate 0