home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) Photos, Videos and Builds

10-14-2022, 02:43 PM   #1
WRS_ATL
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 M240i xDrive, BSM/black

2023 M240i xDrive Black Sapphire Metallic / Black

Here’s a few pics of my new 2023 BSM M240 xDrive. I picked it up yesterday. Every option but for remote start and M illuminated trim, in case anyone has questions. I removed the xDrive badge and swapped out the spoiler for a TRE spoiler (the smaller option) from AutoID. Next up are spacers (I am going with 10/13), a milltek catback exhaust, and MSS springs. Also getting full front PPF plus doors & side skirts, window tint, and ceramic in about a week. That’ll probably be it for now. I was worried about the two-tone interior trim because I went with the rhombicle, but I don't mind it at all.
Attached Images

Last edited by WRS_ATL; 10-14-2022 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 7
Rag9000124.50
jay1k279.50
M3 boi3211.00
02M3ForMe4261.50
      10-14-2022, 03:28 PM   #2
blueshead
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G42 M240i XDrive

I'm considering the TRE Rear Spoiler from AutoID also - what are your thoughts on quality, fit and finish etc.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 03:54 PM   #3
WRS_ATL
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshead View Post
I'm considering the TRE Rear Spoiler from AutoID also - what are your thoughts on quality, fit and finish etc.

Appreciate your thoughts.
I am super pleased with it. The quality is perfect, including the carbon fiber weave and gloss clear coat. It has a rear bottom edge (the part nearest the trunk emblem) that engages with a crease in the trunk so you can’t really misplace it. It fits snug against the trunk across its length so it really looks OEM.

I haven’t driven with it yet because I want to give the tape time to set, but it went on firm so I don’t expect any issues. And I definitely favor this over the larger duck tail spoiler, but that’s just a matter of preference. I highly recommend it. The only issue is that removing the tape residue left from the stock spoiler was a major headache. I used 3m spray but it certainly took patience. But I’d do it again.
Attached Images

Last edited by WRS_ATL; 10-14-2022 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 2
      10-14-2022, 07:25 PM   #4
Coconut
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

Very nice and congrats!! My m240i is still being built right now but I was wondering if you had the time could you check a few things on your car? I asked around here but I wasn't able to get a straight answer.

1. Do you have a 12V outlet in the trunk on the right side?

2. Do you have cargo net on the right side of your trunk?

3. Did you get a physical owners manual and maintenance/schedule manual?

4. Since you have the HD Cooling and Tires Package, did you receive a Mobility Kit in the trunk? It should have an air compressor and a can of fix-a-flat type sealant.

5. Beside the front license plate bracket, carpeted floor mats and mobility kit (maybe?), did anything else come in the trunk or glovebox?

6. Can iDrive 8 play video files from a USB stick? Kind of troublesome for you to check so no worries if it's too much trouble.

Last edited by Coconut; 10-14-2022 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 08:28 PM   #5
WRS_ATL
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
Very nice and congrats!! My m240i is still being built right now but I was wondering if you had the time could you check a few things on your car? I asked around here but I wasn't able to get a straight answer.

4. Since you have the HD Cooling and Tires Package, did you receive a Mobility Kit in the trunk? It should have an air compressor and a can of fix-a-flat type sealant.

5. Beside the front license plate bracket, carpeted floor mats and mobility kit (maybe?), did anything else come in the trunk or glovebox?

6. Can iDrive 8 play video files from a USB stick? Kind of troublesome for you to check so no worries if it's too much trouble.
Thanks. I am out and not near my car so I will respond to your questions tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
Coconut751.00
      10-14-2022, 09:42 PM   #6
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut View Post

No
No
Yes
Yes
No
No idea
Appreciate 1
Coconut751.00
      10-15-2022, 07:28 AM   #7
WRS_ATL
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInSalt View Post
No
No
Yes
Yes
No
No idea
Thanks! And I agree with each of those.
Appreciate 1
Coconut751.00
      10-15-2022, 10:44 AM   #8
Crazy One
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRS_ATL View Post
I am super pleased with it. The quality is perfect, including the carbon fiber weave and gloss clear coat. It has a rear bottom edge (the part nearest the trunk emblem) that engages with a crease in the trunk so you can’t really misplace it. It fits snug against the trunk across its length so it really looks OEM.

I haven’t driven with it yet because I want to give the tape time to set, but it went on firm so I don’t expect any issues. And I definitely favor this over the larger duck tail spoiler, but that’s just a matter of preference. I highly recommend it. The only issue is that removing the tape residue left from the stock spoiler was a major headache. I used 3m spray but it certainly took patience. But I’d do it again.
Did you buy the rear spoiler in the US or EU?
I'm looking for a good supplier in EU.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 05:19 AM   #9
singhr11
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Hey mate getting my M240i in a couple of weeks - any chance you can send a side shot of the back end of the car with the spoiler. I'm thinking of getting the same spoiler
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 11:22 AM   #10
blueshead
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G42 M240i XDrive

Quote:

Hi, many thanks for the response and the additional pics. I have a Black Sapphire M240i due in December and hoping to add the rear spoiler and front splitter from TRE/AutoID so appreciate your comments. Agree completely on the MP Ducktail spoiler - quite like it but much prefer the slimer M2CS style like yours. Congrats on the car also, it looks fantastic! Particularly like the 50yr badges too as I've also ordered them - really stand out against the SB. Cheers again and enjoy!!
Appreciate 1
Coconut751.00
      10-17-2022, 02:16 PM   #11
WRS_ATL
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy One View Post
Did you buy the rear spoiler in the US or EU?
I'm looking for a good supplier in EU.
I bought it from AutoID in the UK.

https://autoid.co/collections/g42-20...er-by-tre-2021
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2022, 02:21 PM   #12
WRS_ATL
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshead View Post
Hi, many thanks for the response and the additional pics. I have a Black Sapphire M240i due in December and hoping to add the rear spoiler and front splitter from TRE/AutoID so appreciate your comments. Agree completely on the MP Ducktail spoiler - quite like it but much prefer the slimer M2CS style like yours. Congrats on the car also, it looks fantastic! Particularly like the 50yr badges too as I've also ordered them - really stand out against the SB. Cheers again and enjoy!!
Congrats on yours as well. The TRE spoiler has been perfect... no movement and on there as solid as the stock item. Also no noise or the like. And it really changes the look of the rear. (I showed the car to an enthusiast friend and he didn't realize it wasn't OEM until I told him.)

Last edited by WRS_ATL; 10-17-2022 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 02:21 PM   #13
Crazy One
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I bought it from AutoID in the UK.

https://autoid.co/collections/g42-2022/products/bmw-2-series-m240i-g42-pre-preg-carbon-fibre-rear-spoiler-by-tre-2021
Any special reason why you went with CS version instead of performance?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 02:36 PM   #14
WRS_ATL
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhr11 View Post
Hey mate getting my M240i in a couple of weeks - any chance you can send a side shot of the back end of the car with the spoiler. I'm thinking of getting the same spoiler
Sure... here are some more pics.

P.S. it is secure against the entire length of the trunk lid... just shadows showing up in the pics.
Attached Images

Last edited by WRS_ATL; 10-17-2022 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 3
      10-17-2022, 02:44 PM   #15
WRS_ATL
Private
Rep

Quote:
Any special reason why you went with CS version instead of performance?
I don't like the height and extension of the M performance carbon fiber spoiler, and the larger TRE version looks similar to that. The smaller one looks like it came with the car, whereas the other ones definitely look like a mod. Just a matter of preference. (I'm always a bit conservative with mods.)
Appreciate 2
      10-18-2022, 04:58 AM   #16
Crazy One
Private First Class
Rep

I think I will wait for a gloss black. Unfortunately they don't know when they will have one.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 11:21 AM   #17
WRS_ATL
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think I will wait for a gloss black. Unfortunately they don't know when they will have one.
For what it's worth, the CF doesn't contrast with the black as much in person as it does in these photos.
Appreciate 2