home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - California

09-16-2022, 04:07 AM   #1
ShoeZilla
IG: KAWSZILLA
Rep
Drives: 2022 BSM G82 M4 COMP XDRIVE

New G82 comp xdrive owner Sacramento/Norcal

What's up Bimmerpost! This post will be long lol so don't get mad at me please.

I just got my BSM M4 this past week and am looking forward to meeting some locals. little about my self, my family comes from a BMW family. My older brother owned and still has his E46 M3 since 2004 and I had the pleasure of driving it a ton through out and love it. He then got a E60 M5 and I also got to enjoy it quite a bit. My mom currently has a 640 grand coupe but previously had a 2 550's and a 740. My family has been pretty loyal to say the least.

Now about me this is my first personal BMW. I just had a few buckets but back in 2009 the R35 GT-R was always my dream car but I was in high school so no way in my wildest dream I could afford one. In 2012 I had a pretty large shoe collection and the value of shoes was at the peak in popularity at the time so I cashed in and sold my entire collection so I can finally own my dream car at the time which was an ivory 2009 R35. I owned it until 2018 but had to sell since I was married and wife got prego lol so it was time to buy a house. between 2018-2022 just had a commuter and was out the car scene completely but was low key back into shoes again.

What reeled me back in was when KITH unveiled the G82 in October 2020 and I was a blown away especially since KITH has been my favorite brand for awhile now. That's what sparked my interest back into cars, before that I was done with cars and was not looking to get back into anything crazy. Since then I followed the G82 but would of never thought in my widest dream I would own one until this past week. During lockdown from covid I researched the car and watched youtube videos non stop and I knew it was not realistic to own a KITH M4 so I started researching the M4 Competition. I Started calling dealers in 2021 but car prices was crazy and all the dealers wanted 20-30k mark ups on the G82 so I gave up.

I am blessed to have a supportive Wife and she told me go get my self my new dream car and I even had a KITH x BMW poster in my office. Finally I got a call from Neillo BMW and they said I can order my competition Xdrive for MSRP this past July. With my wife's blessing we went down and ordered a BSM with the M bucket seats in Fiona red. That was the only combo I wanted from day one. I was not expecting the car until February/March but was ok with it because it gave me time to sell off my shoe collection once again which was just unnecessary and I kind of hoarded so I made up my mind that I rather be back in a car then be heavy into shoes as a hobby.

I still frequented cars.com and about a month ago I could not believe BMW Fairfield had in almost my identical build in stock, only thing missing was I wanted a carbon roof and this one had a moon roof but it was not a deal breaker, now the wife and I love it since the weather has been perfect. I inquired about the car but they wanted a 5k mark up which was a deal breaker so I was ok with waiting until next year. They kept calling me and I was firm, the manager tried and I would not budge for weeks. Surprisingly this past week I made a deal with someone who bought half my sneaker collection which was unexpected because I was not looking to sell until early next year a few months before my car was ready so the stars aligned perfectly.

This past Friday I started getting calls by the C/A and manager from BMW Fairfield and they offered the car to me at MSRP finally. I was still not in a rush but after realizing it was a 2022 and that if I waited until the 2023 I would save almost 5k. Still I was not in a rush so we casually made the trip this past Saturday evening but once the wife and I saw the car in person we where in LOVE. Pictures do not do the car justice what so ever especially in BSM, We went to the dealer unprepared WITH NO MONEY but shout out BMW Fairfield for getting us in and out the dealership with in a few hours and working long after closing. I am looking forward to meeting you guys in Sacramento/Norcal, also I am in elk grove so if you see a BSM cruising around with Fiona Red interior that is me most likely me or the wife. Sorry for the long post but I am geeked I got my M4 finally. Shout out to Neillo for canceling my original order no questions asked and will do business with them 100% in the future. Also my advisor has been my buddy Pat from auto vault/speedline and is heavy into the BMW scene in Sacramento so shout to the Speedline family if anyone is familiar because he helped me from day one!
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
Limegrntaln13472.00
6speed_M23633.50
MinMax228.00
jmg18706.50
Jszlaga461.00
Jim B1895.00
      09-16-2022, 05:15 AM   #2
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I read the whole thing, bro. Great story!! And while, I live like 30 minutes, from you, Niello EG is my dealer, and I definitely make it down that way. I'll add you to my G8X get together list. A lot of the boys are in the Bay Area, but we have quite a nice little stack of locals, finally getting cars.

Great looking car. congrats on winning the tire lottery. We all want Michelins. I don't get to see too many M4s with the carbon side skirts, and front lip. My OEM carbon side skirts and front lip, are at Detail Maniac, in Sac, getting PPFd, I should have them today, actually. They're busy, I dropped the parts off Monday.

Ill tag some local guys, hopefully some of them get a chance to chime in. xXMPowerXx Foreign_Friendly zioziozio savi01 jbknucklehead Jim_B

There are more on IG, that arent on Bimmerpost. But Welcome. I know it's a long shot, and short notice, but there is a BMW cars and coffee, at BMW Mountain View this weekend, Sunday 9/18/2022. Its a 60% chance of rain, so, I'm not sure if I'm going to make it, but that's the soonest things going on.

Be on the lookout for my Dravit 22 M4 Comp. I'll add some pics. It's probably the only Dravit Gray one you're going to see around, with carbon ceramics. Here's some pics of my car, in case you see me around, and some shenanigans we get into. I'm excited for you, brother. Welcome to the journey!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      09-16-2022, 05:42 AM   #3
ShoeZilla
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I read the whole thing, bro. Great story!! And while, I live like 30 minutes, from you, Niello EG is my dealer, and I definitely make it down that way. I'll add you to my G8X get together list. A lot of the boys are in the Bay Area, but we have quite a nice little stack of locals, finally getting cars.

Great looking car. congrats on winning the tire lottery. We all want Michelins. I don't get to see too many M4s with the carbon side skirts, and front lip. My OEM carbon side skirts and front lip, are at Detail Maniac, in Sac, getting PPFd, I should have them today, actually. They're busy, I dropped the parts off Monday.

Ill tag some local guys, hopefully some of them get a chance to chime in. xXMPowerXx Foreign_Friendly zioziozio savi01 jbknucklehead Jim_B

There are more on IG, that arent on Bimmerpost. But Welcome. I know it's a long shot, and short notice, but there is a BMW cars and coffee, at BMW Mountain View this weekend, Sunday 9/18/2022. Its a 60% chance of rain, so, I'm not sure if I'm going to make it, but that's the soonest things going on.

Be on the lookout for my Dravit 22 M4 Comp. I'll add some pics. It's probably the only Dravit Gray one you're going to see around, with carbon ceramics. Here's some pics of my car, in case you see me around, and some shenanigans we get into. I'm excited for you, brother. Welcome to the journey!!
Man thanks for the reply and excited to meet local g8x members. I would love to go out to that meet but the car is in the garage until I get my ppf work done which will be next week. Also I am very familiar with detailmaniac but deal with imperial works when I had my GT-R but they are soooo booked up for months so now I am just having the dealer do my PPF since they got a opening next week.

You have a beautiful car bro love the Davit grey it is a beauty. Also what you doing up so early?I actually live right next to Niello BMW so if you're in the neighborhood anytime soon let me know so we can meet up.

you can message me on IG with your contact info brotha @ KAWSZILLA
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13472.00
1BAD4DR124.00
      09-16-2022, 05:53 AM   #4
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeZilla View Post
Quote:

Man thanks for the reply and excited to meet local g8x members. I would love to go out to that meet but the car is in the garage until I get my ppf work done which will be next week. Also I am very familiar with detailmaniac but deal with imperial works when I had my GT-R but they are soooo booked up for months so now I am just having the dealer do my PPF since they got a opening next week.

You have a beautiful car bro love the Davit grey it is a beauty. Also what you doing up so early?

you can message me on IG with your contact info brotha @ KAWSZILLA
I was just thinking about going to bed.

I'm kind of a night owl. I hear IW does some good work, as well and Detail was booked the same way, I waited almost a month to get in there, and then they had my car for 14 days. But it's definitely done right. Full STek PPF, whole car. Door handles removed, headlights and tails removed spoiler removed and PPFd, reinstalled over the 1 piece trunk PPF. All edges are tucked. The PPF job is indistinguishable from the outside.

Really clean on the install. 8,600 miles on my car, now and no issues with the film. I also have STek DynoFlex on the outer windshield. That's saved me from a cracked windshield a time or two.

We need to get some locals together, because I haven't seen hardly anyone's car from up this way. savi01 is local to me. I saw his car, and he he was gracious enough to let me take it for a spin around the block, before my car even came in on the boat. But most of the other cars I haven't seen. Foreign_Friendly was at an Alameda get together; last month, I saw his car and met him. So, still plenty of people to meet. You're not too far behind on meeting people.

I'll check the thread later on in the morning. I'm gonna see if I can get some sleep. New iPhone coming today. I gotta be at the door. Can't be missing out on that one. and I added you on IG before I even replied to your post.

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 02:43 PM   #5
xXMPowerXx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ford, Lexi, Lambo's

Welcome shoezilla!!

This my first M4 as well.

I’m in Granite Bay and I’m down for some meet ups.

I have 2 small boys, so they always get the lions share of my time, but I get out on occasion.

I’ve yet to meet too many car peeps around here, so I’m looking forward to making some friends!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      09-16-2022, 10:47 PM   #6
ShoeZilla
Rep

Quote:

I'm kind of a night owl. I hear IW does some good work, as well and Detail was booked the same way, I waited almost a month to get in there, and then they had my car for 14 days. But it's definitely done right. Full STek PPF, whole car. Door handles removed, headlights and tails removed spoiler removed and PPFd, reinstalled over the 1 piece trunk PPF. All edges are tucked. The PPF job is indistinguishable from the outside.

Really clean on the install. 8,600 miles on my car, now and no issues with the film. I also have STek DynoFlex on the outer windshield. That's saved me from a cracked windshield a time or two.

We need to get some locals together, because I haven't seen hardly anyone's car from up this way. savi01 is local to me. I saw his car, and he he was gracious enough to let me take it for a spin around the block, before my car even came in on the boat. But most of the other cars I haven't seen. Foreign_Friendly was at an Alameda get together; last month, I saw his car and met him. So, still plenty of people to meet. You're not too far behind on meeting people.

I'll check the thread later on in the morning. I'm gonna see if I can get some sleep. New iPhone coming today. I gotta be at the door. Can't be missing out on that one. and I added you on IG before I even replied to your post.
Yes I wish I could of had IW do my ppf but they’re booked for a few months and I couldn’t wait lol. But my buddy Alfonso also has a M4 and he’s in downtown Sacramento but he’s super low key. Soon as he’s back in town We should all meet up. Super excited to meet you all.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      09-16-2022, 10:48 PM   #7
ShoeZilla
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMPowerXx View Post
Welcome shoezilla!!

This my first M4 as well.

I’m in Granite Bay and I’m down for some meet ups.

I have 2 small boys, so they always get the lions share of my time, but I get out on occasion.

I’ve yet to meet too many car peeps around here, so I’m looking forward to making some friends!
Nice I’m looking forward to meet you to and beautiful car! Love the Color.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      09-17-2022, 04:33 AM   #8
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeZilla View Post
Quote:

Yes I wish I could of had IW do my ppf but they’re booked for a few months and I couldn’t wait lol. But my buddy Alfonso also has a M4 and he’s in downtown Sacramento but he’s super low key. Soon as he’s back in town We should all meet up. Super excited to meet you all.
Yeah, let's get it together.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 12:32 PM   #9
astroricardo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx TR/Tartufo

I've been sort of lurking for a bit, but I am in Elk Grove too. I went through the whole ordering and waiting (forever) for my M3 at Niello. I got my PPF/Ceramic done at Imperial, they seem like a great crew. Since I work from home the wait didn't bother me as much (but it was painful!). I recently did the most scandalous action of all time by mounting my front plate! I haven't seen many G80 or G83s around at all, just one SPY and one BSM a month or so back. I followed you on IG. Hopefully I'll see you on the road sometime! Let me know when you guys get together! Enjoy it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      09-17-2022, 01:25 PM   #10
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroricardo View Post
I've been sort of lurking for a bit, but I am in Elk Grove too. I went through the whole ordering and waiting (forever) for my M3 at Niello. I got my PPF/Ceramic done at Imperial, they seem like a great crew. Since I work from home the wait didn't bother me as much (but it was painful!). I recently did the most scandalous action of all time by mounting my front plate! I haven't seen many G80 or G83s around at all, just one SPY and one BSM a month or so back. I followed you on IG. Hopefully I'll see you on the road sometime! Let me know when you guys get together! Enjoy it!
I added you to my list of people to get in contact with for events. If you want me to tag you in a post, when we set up an event, let me know. If you don't want to be bothered, I'm good with that, as well. The most I will do, is either PM you, or just tag your screen name, like I did to the guys, above.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 01:41 PM   #11
astroricardo
Captain
United_States
Rep

You can tag me, but with kids and other stuff I don't know how often I would be able to participate! What's your IG?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 05:45 PM   #12
ShoeZilla
Rep

Quote:
Wow that’s great to have another Elk Grove owner. Yes I would love to check yours out sometimes. I’m free most weekends so when ever you want to get coffee message me. The weather is beautiful now also.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 02:06 PM   #13
xXMPowerXx
Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone wanna meet up next weekend?

Seems like Sacramento would be somewhat in the middle for all of us.

I’m still new to the Sac valley, so I’m not too sure of a good venue to meet at.

Anyone know of a good place?

I know the Kaiser medical office buildings by cal expo has a nice parking lot.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      09-25-2022, 04:54 PM   #14
xXMPowerXx
Lieutenant
Rep

Well, a few of us made it!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Jim B1895.00
Limegrntaln13472.00
      09-26-2022, 10:06 PM   #15
ShoeZilla
Rep

Quote:
Nice! Wish I could of made it but met everyone else this past Sunday at Sharif's. I will try to make the next meet up.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      09-26-2022, 11:04 PM   #16
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Quote:

Here are some pics I took. That beautiful IOMG M4 manual is MINE!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-07-2022, 09:29 PM   #17
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

JimB, are you in Roseville? I see an IOMG around a few times.
I’m sporting an old YMB F80 so not cool enough to hang with the G kids
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 11:51 PM   #18
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
JimB, are you in Roseville? I see an IOMG around a few times.
I’m sporting an old YMB F80 so not cool enough to hang with the G kids

Actually, I live on a cul du sac off Edison about 0.4 mile west of watt. The IOMG M4 with the moonroof in the previous post in this thread is mine. That pics were taken at the Roseville Galleria by Macy's. You probably saw me when I was going to Railroad Hobbies on Vernon Street. Yes, I am into HO model trains. I think I probably have the only IOMG M4 in the Sacramento area with a moonroof.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 03:58 PM   #19
WTFTG M3
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G80 M3 Competition Xd

Whats up everyone, I live in Carmichael and a new member to not just the forum but also BMW. I recently purchased the G80 Comp x-drive, and wow I love it.

Ive had a few Mercedes prior including AMG models and none compare to the ability of this G80. I'm not sure but if there are any car meets coming up please let me know, Id be down to attend.

So, I have some aftermarket and stock parts I'm wanting to list but before I can I need to write and or respond to some posts first.

I recently purchased the AWE track edition cat back system, Dahler tunning module, the Dahler Anti-theft throttle protection and the KW adjustable lowering springs. Got all the components on and looking to drive.

Thanks, hope eveyone had a good Thanksgiving,

Travis
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      11-29-2022, 04:31 PM   #20
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFTG M3 View Post
Whats up everyone, I live in Carmichael and a new member to not just the forum but also BMW. I recently purchased the G80 Comp x-drive, and wow I love it.

Ive had a few Mercedes prior including AMG models and none compare to the ability of this G80. I'm not sure but if there are any car meets coming up please let me know, Id be down to attend.

So, I have some aftermarket and stock parts I'm wanting to list but before I can I need to write and or respond to some posts first.

I recently purchased the AWE track edition cat back system, Dahler tunning module, the Dahler Anti-theft throttle protection and the KW adjustable lowering springs. Got all the components on and looking to drive.

Thanks, hope eveyone had a good Thanksgiving,

Travis
Whats up, Travis?

Thanks for the reply. Nice to see another local checking in on Bimmerpost. I'll add you to my list of BP/ Insta people to get a hold of for anything were doing, locally. I'm getting together with some bay area G80s, on 12/3 I think we're going to meet up in the east bay, maybe around Walnut Creek or concord, Since a lot of those guys live in San Jose, Silicon Valley, area.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 02:45 PM   #21
G80CQP
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80CX.

Quote:
Hello, just curious, how do you mount your front license plate, is it from a kit? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 04:50 PM   #22
astroricardo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80CQP View Post
Hello, just curious, how do you mount your front license plate, is it from a kit? Thanks
I used the plate mount it came with. Yes, you have to drill holes in your grille to do it.

Last edited by astroricardo; 12-11-2022 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00