home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - California

09-14-2022, 03:01 PM   #1
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Touchless car washes in LA

Anyone know of any completely touchless automatic car wash locations in LA? Specifically the ones where you pull in without having to put your tires on a track and the only thing that touches the car is soap, water, and air.

I've seen one in OC, but there has to be at least a few in LA. Google and Yelp haven't been helpful, so figured I'd ask.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 10:28 PM   #2
1BAD4DR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 23 G80

Have a wash guy do your car at your house. I use black on black detail and la sierra detail. Both good companies and air dry the car. Also never have any swirls in my black paint. No risk with damaging my car during wash.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 11:24 PM   #3
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

Monrovia Car Wash

It's in a Chevron
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 02:10 AM   #4
forumlurker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: almost every day

Touchless will shorten the life span of applied sealants or ceramic coatings on your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 02:59 AM   #5
M4_ZMT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 i3S, '01 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumlurker View Post
Touchless will shorten the life span of applied sealants or ceramic coatings on your car.
It wouldn't surprise me. I used to use them much more, but now I only will if I am in serious need or when something needs to be washed off immediately. On my old F32 I noticed some weird spots on the rubber moulding like it was being spotted by the chemicals. I also realized that touchless = needing something more acidic to be sprayed on the car in order for it to be sprayed off with high pressure water (the pre-soak part of the touchless wash). I could be wrong but that is my understanding.

I am surprised you are having such a hard time finding one, I am in the suburbs of LA and we have a few and I frequent the one at Chevron. I will say don't be worried if you see brushes in the wash, many of the touchless washes I've been to have a selection of brush or touchless, so even though it may not look touchless it may the option. Just try to select a lower tier one as some of them I've seen have a wheel brush option even with the touchless that I think we would all rather do without. Sorry I don't know of a specific location in LA proper, but check local Chevrons perhaps.
Appreciate 1