G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums AUSTRALIA

09-02-2022, 12:26 AM   #1
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Recommended dealers in VIC

Hi all,

Recently moved to VIC and now almost at the time for an upgrade.

What dealers do people rate, particularly for new car purchasing based on recent experience with their G80 orders (but also after sales and service)?

Let's be honest, I'm really asking who is the most motivated to do a deal on a G80 to the point it's diabolical (in our favour) and not doing the typical "you're lucky to even pay retail in this environment" rubbish lol.

If anyone has a personal recommendation of a sales adviser or dealer, let me know. Could also be useful for others lurking around!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 08:32 PM   #2
HiFi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3

DM me if you need help as we can facilitate, but you arent going to get what you are looking for (diabolocal in your favour deal on a G80). Just so you're aware, the next free G80 build slot available to any dealer is December/Jan - they are all struggling to get factory build slots so arent going to give them away for a crap deal that makes no money for them on that slot.
      09-05-2022, 01:27 AM   #3
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 XDrive, 2023 IX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
DM me if you need help as we can facilitate, but you arent going to get what you are looking for (diabolocal in your favour deal on a G80). Just so you're aware, the next free G80 build slot available to any dealer is December/Jan - they are all struggling to get factory build slots so arent going to give them away for a crap deal that makes no money for them on that slot.
This is very true. I was allocated a Week 36 build for the following specs:

MY2023 M3 Competition xDrive Sedan
Tanzanite Blue
826M Double-spoke Black wheels
Fiona Red/Black Full Merino Leather Carbon Buckets
Carbon Ceramic Brakes

Called my dealer multiple times to see if there is an update on the status. Unfortunately, no changes on the status and its still awaiting production.

I was lucky enough to get about 10K off MSRP for this deal which I had ordered back in early April. The dealer did say that orders are piling up and allocations are becoming much more scarce.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 02:02 AM   #4
HiFi
Lieutenant
Rep

nice spec. congrats. should be close to production if its a week36 build which is one step closer. you will probably see it end of the year id say.

ive got one in (skyscraper grey, manual, tartufo) for october production. even with the dozens of cars we buy from bmw a year discount was limited vs other models.
      09-07-2022, 10:14 PM   #5
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Thanks HiFi , PM sent!

You're right, it won't be like the good old days but anything is better than nothing!

Timeline-wise, a Jan slot is what I'm after anyway so works out well!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 12:15 AM   #6
Xeon2851
Rep
Drives: M3C X

Agree with the supply at the moment but you might get lucky, I recently placed a order with a Vic dealer in July and managed to get a allocation for a September build.

Although, I changed my order to include carbon fiber bucket seats and the allocation got pushed out for a December build. Dealer said there were stock issues with the carbon fiber seats. Anyone have the same issue?

Ordered a:

IOMG
826M Double-spoke Bi-colour wheels
Kaylami Orange Leather Carbon Buckets
Exterior carbon package

Last edited by Xeon2851; 09-08-2022 at 12:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 06:19 PM   #7
HiFi
Lieutenant
Rep

in July there were still build slots around, in August basically they were all gone till december/jan.
Yes CF seats, or individual paint is pushing orders out a few months at least, sometimes longer.
      09-10-2022, 05:48 AM   #8
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 XDrive, 2023 IX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon2851 View Post
Agree with the supply at the moment but you might get lucky, I recently placed a order with a Vic dealer in July and managed to get a allocation for a September build.

Although, I changed my order to include carbon fiber bucket seats and the allocation got pushed out for a December build. Dealer said there were stock issues with the carbon fiber seats. Anyone have the same issue?

Ordered a:

IOMG
826M Double-spoke Bi-colour wheels
Kaylami Orange Leather Carbon Buckets
Exterior carbon package
Yes I am having the same issue. I ordered my Tanzanite Blue M3 Xdrive from Bmw Sydney with carbon ceramics and buckets on the 5th April. My build was allocated a build date of 1st Sept. It then got delayed to 8th Sept due to supply issues and now the dealer is saying the car is getting delayed again and will built in WK37 or beyond...
Appreciate 0