home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - California

07-31-2022, 04:03 PM   #1
DaledoBaggins
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Bay Area G80 Shops?

Hi All,

Does anyone have some recommendations for a shop in the Bay Area that can install some performance parts (exhaust, mid-pipe, etc.)on a G80 competition?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 07:26 PM   #2
Nhatcho
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

You can check out SVB (Silicon Valley Bimmer) if you're in the south bay.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 07:27 PM   #3
DaledoBaggins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhatcho View Post
You can check out SVB (Silicon Valley Bimmer) if you're in the south bay.
Thank you, will do!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 12:50 AM   #4
L33t
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 F80

HTL Motorsports, Danny is really good.

3453 El Camino Real #c
Santa Clara, CA, 95051

Phone: 408-217-9161
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 12:51 AM   #5
DaledoBaggins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post
HTL Motorsports, Danny is really good.

3453 El Camino Real #c
Santa Clara, CA, 95051

Phone: 408-217-9161
Thank you!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 11:03 PM   #6
DaledoBaggins
Rep

Is $350 to install a PSI mid pipe really high or pretty standard? I remember on my E90 m3 it was like $185
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 11:32 AM   #7
Nhatcho
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaledoBaggins View Post
Is $350 to install a PSI mid pipe really high or pretty standard? I remember on my E90 m3 it was like $185
I was quoted about the same when asking about a mid-pipe on the G80. You could try and give Danny a call from HTL. He did some work on my F80 in the past with very reasonable prices and a super quick turnaround. It's good to shop around.

Here's a post on the F80 forum with a few more shop recommendations for bay area: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1820925
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 12:25 AM   #8
DaledoBaggins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhatcho View Post
Quote:
I was quoted about the same when asking about a mid-pipe on the G80. You could try and give Danny a call from HTL. He did some work on my F80 in the past with very reasonable prices and a super quick turnaround. It's good to shop around.

Here's a post on the F80 forum with a few more shop recommendations for bay area: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1820925
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 02:09 AM   #9
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Performance Technic in Fremont. Great work. Not the cheapest place, but I'd rather make sure the work is quality. They lowered my G82, yesterday on M Performance HAS.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 02:10 AM   #10
DaledoBaggins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Performance Technic in Fremont. Great work. Not the cheapest place, but I'd rather make sure the work is quality. They lowered my G82, yesterday on M Performance HAS.
Thanks for the contact! Your m4 is looking mean right now.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13469.00
      08-03-2022, 02:16 AM   #11
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You're welcome, and thank you. Eurofest is going on, this Sunday in Alameda, swing out. A bunch of us G8X will be there. We have a pretty good size group.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-03-2022, 06:05 PM   #12
DaledoBaggins
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You're welcome, and thank you. Eurofest is going on, this Sunday in Alameda, swing out. A bunch of us G8X will be there. We have a pretty good size group.
Quote:
Quote:
Damn! I'll be out of town visiting my in laws to celebrate my wife's pregnancy. Is there a group to join so I get notified of upcoming events? I'd love to come out and meet other forum members.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 06:06 PM   #13
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Damn! I'll be out of town visiting my in laws to celebrate my wife's pregnancy. Is there a group to join so I get notified of upcoming events? I'd love to come out and meet other forum members.
I already added you to my list of people to get a hold of when I blast out notifications.

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 06:07 PM   #14
DaledoBaggins
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I already added you to my list of people to get a hold of when I blast out notifications.
Quote:
Quote:
Awesome, thanks! I guess I'll see you soon!
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13469.00
      08-04-2022, 12:41 AM   #15
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Blank

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Awesome, thanks! I guess I'll see you soon!
Yessir.

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2022, 09:54 AM   #16
Tanzanian Devil
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G80 M3 (mt)

Quote:
Hi All,

Does anyone have some recommendations for a shop in the Bay Area that can install some performance parts (exhaust, mid-pipe, etc.)on a G80 competition?

Thanks!
I live in San Mateo and my Future Classic short shifter kit just arrived so I am looking for a place to install. Will make a separate post reporting on it for my fellow MT-heads once it's in and I have some time with it.

Regarding Bay Area shops I called all three of the recommended places and had pretty variable responses.

HTL: "sorry, we don't do that bye." Short but fair.

Performance Technic: in response to me asking for a quote, guy literally says "It's going to be at least $9k." Me: "What??" Guy: "Nah, I'm just messing with you, I have no idea how much this will cost. Never done one of these but it would be cool to do that." Takes all my info says will call back or email quote. No word back yet.

Silicon Valley Bimmer: Guy is very helpful, knows that Future Classic has just released the short shifter kit (a good sign), gives me a reasonable quote up front and now I am scheduled for an appointment. Will post brief update on how the rest of the transaction goes but SVB has my vote as of now.
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2022, 10:25 AM   #17
Ariboon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 BGM M3C xdrive

VT motorworks in pleasanton. A bit pricey but does great work!
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13469.00
      08-06-2022, 12:28 AM   #18
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzanian Devil View Post
I live in San Mateo and my Future Classic short shifter kit just arrived so I am looking for a place to install. Will make a separate post reporting on it for my fellow MT-heads once it's in and I have some time with it.

Regarding Bay Area shops I called all three of the recommended places and had pretty variable responses.

Performance Technic: in response to me asking for a quote, guy literally says "It's going to be at least $9k." Me: "What??" Guy: "Nah, I'm just messing with you, I have no idea how much this will cost. Never done one of these but it would be cool to do that." Takes all my info says will call back or email quote. No word back yet.

Silicon Valley Bimmer: Guy is very helpful, knows that Future Classic has just released the short shifter kit (a good sign), gives me a reasonable quote up front and now I am scheduled for an appointment. Will post brief update on how the rest of the transaction goes but SVB has my vote as of now.
Yeah, PT is probably going to be more money. I had my springs done, there, and they were close to twice as much as SV quoted, but everyone swore by PT. Not that they didn't like SV, I'd just literally heard from people that work at a dealership in LA, and have seen their work, on cars that they have serviced, in LA, and recommend them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariboon View Post
Check out the Alameda thread I posted. Come check the cars out, Sunday. Should be about 15-20 G8Xs out there.

Appreciate 2
      08-06-2022, 11:05 AM   #19
Tanzanian Devil
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G80 M3 (mt)

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, PT is probably going to be more money. I had my springs done, there, and they were close to twice as much as SV quoted, but everyone swore by PT. Not that they didn't like SV, I'd just literally heard from people that work at a dealership in LA, and have seen their work, on cars that they have serviced, in LA, and recommend them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariboon View Post
Check out the Alameda thread I posted. Come check the cars out, Sunday. Should be about 15-20 G8Xs out there.
Thanks! Actually, heard back from PT and their quote was only $10 higher than SVB and they have an opening next Tuesday rather than the following week like SVB. So now going with PT and will have the short shifter in a week earlier!
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13469.00
Ariboon379.50
      08-06-2022, 12:24 PM   #20
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks! Actually, heard back from PT and their quote was only $10 higher than SVB and they have an opening next Tuesday rather than the following week like SVB. So now going with PT and will have the short shifter in a week earlier!
Oh, nice. I actually sat there and waited for them to install my suspension, and Brandon, that works at the front desk, he was busy, non stop. And I actually called, didn't leave a message, and he called me back, like 3 minutes later.

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 01:26 PM   #21
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Oh, nice. I actually sat there and waited for them to install my suspension, and Brandon, that works at the front desk, he was busy, non stop. And I actually called, didn't leave a message, and he called me back, like 3 minutes later.
I had the complete opposite experience, and was lied to by him repeatedly and they damaged my car and made me wait a year for replacement parts.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13469.00
      08-06-2022, 02:41 PM   #22
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
Quote:
I had the complete opposite experience, and was lied to by him repeatedly and they damaged my car and made me wait a year for replacement parts.
Damn, Nik! No way!

Appreciate 1
Nkr151123.50