N240i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Paddle swap on M240i

Hey everyone!

Got around to my first real "mod" over the weekend, and swapped out the OEM paddle shifters for some Titanium full swap paddles from Evolve Automotive (Purchased off IND).

Bit of a backstory, I had ordered them, had them for about a week, but was waiting for more things to arrive before installing. However, I went for a spirited drive on Saturday night (With the OEM paddles still on) and honestly, was underwhelmed. The drive was amazing, the driving experience however, left something to be desired. Mainly, because you're always looking for the damn paddle if you need it and you're not driving in a straight line. Mid turn, it's nearly impossible to find lol
Obviously I'm exaggerating a bit, but I really did get home thinking the paddles took away from what could've been an even more enjoyable ride.

So the next morning, I swapped the paddles. First time doing something like this on a car (Always drove manuals before..), watched a video or two on how to remove the airbag, and the rest was a cakewalk. FYI - The install video from Evolve Automotive is the only one you'll need for this install.

Firstly, installation. If anyone is hesitant on doing this, don't kid yourself. It's incredibly easy. Took me about 45 minutes, and that's only because I didn't know what I was doing. Extremely straight forward, and given how easy, I would suggest full swap route over the stick on paddles (Which I personally hate).

Now, experience. First off, these paddles are much larger. Right off the bat, the first drive you take, this is extremely noticeable. You can reach the bottom of the paddle when holding the bottom of the wheel. Top of the paddle when hand is sitting closer to the top. All around, you have access to your paddles from nearly every location that your hand might be positioned at. This is exactly what I was looking for, and needed, to be more confident when driving quickly.

Secondly, the feel. These are full titanium, front and back. They feels SO much more upscale. Fits the personality of the car a lot better, looks so much nicer (at least imo), and just compliments the interior much better!

I could understand the OEM paddles they have if we were driving an X3 or something, but they really don't do justice to our cars.

If anyone needs links to the paddles or video, send me a message and I'll send those over (Not sure if I'm allowed to link them on the post)

Adding some before/after/comparison photos, let me know what you think!
Attached Images

Appreciate 12
e36uulm92.50
P_Chris156.50
jbazz256.50
has_ak36.50
zzt4225.50
M3 boi3211.00
Coconut751.00
AlexC2er108.00