BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

04-16-2022, 01:00 PM   #1
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Second Test (Longer) Test Drive

My wife and I had an opportunity to spend about an hour and a half in the iX demo at the local dealership yesterday. This gave us ample time to try out many of the features in iDrive 8 and to drive the car on different road surfaces and in different driving conditions. First and foremost (for me) was how agile it is. It doesn't feel like a heavy vehicle. And compared to our ex seven, it is much easier to drive with Morehead Rome and a better seating position. Speaking of the seats, I find the seat in the iX to be more comfortable than the seats in our X7. The view over the hood is improved in the HUD is superb looking. Of course the get up and go is awesome with electric motors. Smash the pedal and you are gone. As for iDrive 8, I do miss physical preset buttons and couldn't really test how they would work in the car since I was using a guest account. I would need to be logged into my own account to set up presets. As for the space in the rear, my golf clubs fit easily diagonally but they do not fit horizontally. I think this is one area they could have done better, the rear space seems a bit cramped compared to the size of the vehicle. Their focus was obviously providing lots of room for the driver, passenger, and rear seat passengers. The electronic door openers are OK but I would have preferred regular handles to open the doors. While I'm not sure about the overhead glass sunroof it does provide lots of headroom. I swung by a friends house to take him for a ride and he was instantly impressed with the headroom in the rear and he liked the glass roof. As for the exterior, I admit it is an odd looking car and could have been made to look better by the engineers. But once you get pass the looks, it is an impressively engineer car.
Appreciate 3
ggalanis2470.50
Paladin15566.50
      04-16-2022, 02:27 PM   #2
razor488
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GMC Denali

Thanks for the review.
Appreciate 0