Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin Check engine light - Need guidance

04-01-2022, 12:49 AM   #1
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Check engine light - Need guidance

2020 M340i - Have a check engine light currently and vehicle is tuned with Mission Performance stage 2 and catted DP (Incredible vehicle). Error code when I ran it appears to be associated with front active grill flap(s).

Vehicle is still under warranty but I have obvious concerns with it being tuned. Hoping to avoid having repairs denied, or getting software updated back to stock.

Is it a sound strategy to take it in to dealer to inspect and advise on repair(s), or do i take it back to Mission Performance and likely pay to flash back to stock and again to re-tune, or should i take it to a non-dealer shop to repair and pay out of pocket?

What would you suggest as best course of action here? Appreciate any help/guidance offered.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 04:45 PM   #2
KyK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I'm in the exact same situation as you are but I am tuned with Gintani. I was thinking of taking it to the dealer who serviced my vehicle while it was tuned. Like you I am unsure of how they'll handle the warranty work as the service guideline for fixing the issue includes them plugging into ISTA which would instantly flag us even after flashing back to stock. I'm planning on giving my SA a call.
Porsche 911 Carrera T (retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 08:19 AM   #3
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyykim View Post
I'm in the exact same situation as you are but I am tuned with Gintani. I was thinking of taking it to the dealer who serviced my vehicle while it was tuned. Like you I am unsure of how they'll handle the warranty work as the service guideline for fixing the issue includes them plugging into ISTA which would instantly flag us even after flashing back to stock. I'm planning on giving my SA a call.
Appreciate the response, which dealer do you use to service your vehicle?
Also, let me what your SA says, thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 12:11 PM   #4
M340iLaurent
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i Xdrive 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTanks52 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyykim View Post
Appreciate the response, which dealer do you use to service your vehicle?
Also, let me what your SA says, thanks
Hi guys,

I'm not tuned but have an AWE exhaust and Dinan Intake. I got this exact same issue with check engine and they got it repaired under warranty. It took 4 weeks to get the replacement part form Germany.

Since yesterday, everything has been repaired and is under control. No CEL anymore.
Appreciate 0