BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-10-2021, 05:07 AM   #1
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Factory ordering - Hitachi

Hi all

I tried to order an iX3 M Sport Pro through my company car scheme last month which is done through Hitachi. The car was on the system so put my order in; later that day I received an email from Hitachi saying

"The dealership have informed me that the iX3 M Sport Pro you have ordered is only available to order off a pre-selected stock list, they aren't available to factory order. I have contacted the dealership this morning who have advised unfortunately there aren't any of these vehicles currently available. The dealership advised factory ordering for this vehicle should hopefully open in the new year."

So it looks like the "pre-selected stock list" part is for the Premier editions but I gather from this forum that people have been able to factory order the LCI M Sport/M Sport Pro models so has anyone else had this issue with Hitachi or any other leasing company?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 05:15 AM   #2
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Seems odd, would have thought it would be dealer ordarable. Unless there is a hold on factory orders as they have used their capacity prediction, till the next set of slots open.
      11-10-2021, 05:27 AM   #3
Archer-s
Captain
Rep
Drives: on order

Had the same through our lease provider and dealers, it's a pre-speced list of cars, since there isn't many options I think the only item you will struggle to get is the laser lights, apart from that it's really about finding the colour combo you want. I think it's a combo of chip shortages and long delivery times coming from China.

My order is expected around the end of March, all other dealers for similar specs are saying q3 next year, so I'd take the compromise if it's the car/spec you want
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 05:45 AM   #4
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer-s View Post
Had the same through our lease provider and dealers, it's a pre-speced list of cars, since there isn't many options I think the only item you will struggle to get is the laser lights, apart from that it's really about finding the colour combo you want. I think it's a combo of chip shortages and long delivery times coming from China.

My order is expected around the end of March, all other dealers for similar specs are saying q3 next year, so I'd take the compromise if it's the car/spec you want
I have read somewhere that lease companies are putting a hold on orders so delivery dates achieve the 2022 March registration or beyond.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 05:49 AM   #5
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks everyone. The only criteria I have is it has to be a Pro in Sophisto Grey. Oyster interior is preferred but happily take black or mocha. Let's see how it all unfolds.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 05:51 AM   #6
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs139 View Post
Thanks everyone. The only criteria I have is it has to be a Pro in Sophisto Grey. Oyster interior is preferred but happily take black or mocha. Let's see how it all unfolds.
Mine's a Pro, in Sophisto Grey with mocha interior
      11-10-2021, 05:57 AM   #7
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Mine's a Pro, in Sophisto Grey with mocha interior
Nice one! Would you recommend the mocha? Might end up going for it seeing as we have a 2 year old who could quite easily ruin the oyster!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 06:10 AM   #8
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I went for it, as it reminded me of my old 330D E91.... So kinda liked it from old. But keeps everything from feeling dingy or dark inside, which I thought the black leather does in the Demo cars I drove, unless you have the sun shade open
      11-10-2021, 06:45 AM   #9
SiH1970
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Pro

I ordered my Prem Pro through Hitachi back in May and subsequently had to chose a pre-specced option. The only thing I lost was front lumbar support which is not important to me in any case. My first choice was Carbon black with black interior (I will have the pano roof exposed all the time so hopefully no issues with the darkness) and that’s what is being delivered next Monday

Best of luck with your order pal.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 06:53 AM   #10
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah, with the pano open, it's very airy inside, just felt a little dark when had the black on black test car, but like everything, we all like different things, like I say I loved my old E91, did 270,000 miles in that! I don't do the milage I used to now though, and the black interior of the 225xe has held up well over time, and the mess kids make in the back hasn't affected it at all, so hides lots of sins.... Kids are old enough now to not throw milkshake and pop everywhere, so can go back to something lighter
      11-10-2021, 07:20 AM   #11
Hud78
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiH1970 View Post
I ordered my Prem Pro through Hitachi back in May and subsequently had to chose a pre-specced option. The only thing I lost was front lumbar support which is not important to me in any case. My first choice was Carbon black with black interior (I will have the pano roof exposed all the time so hopefully no issues with the darkness) and that’s what is being delivered next Monday

Same spec here (including deleted passenger lumbar support) with same delivery date. Fingers crossed all goes well!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 07:50 AM   #12
Archer-s
Captain
Rep
Drives: on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by IX3 Vines View Post

I have read somewhere that lease companies are putting a hold on orders so delivery dates achieve the 2022 March registration or beyond.
Think this is pretty std for anything arriving near new reg dates, if it's close enough they will try to get the new reg so that the retained value is slightly higher when they go to sell it off
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 08:19 AM   #13
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiH1970 View Post

Thanks, I've got a black interior now so fancy a change. I had a test drive in a Sophisto/Oyster Premier and it looked ace.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:39 AM   #14
SiH1970
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud78 View Post
Same spec here (including deleted passenger lumbar support) with same delivery date. Fingers crossed all goes well!
What a coincidence that is!!!

Dealership just called to check I am still ok for Monday…..too bloody right I am!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 12:24 PM   #15
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Likewise for me Friday! Good things come to those that wait 😂

Got my old lappy ready for interrogation on esys too 😂
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 01:49 PM   #16
RedJon
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 MSport Pro

You can’t custom order the iX3 currently, they are building different option variants and assigning them to dealers and you pick from what they are allocated. I wanted an M Sport Pro with towbar and said I was open to any colour. Getting a white one.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 02:33 PM   #17
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJon View Post
You can’t custom order the iX3 currently, they are building different option variants and assigning them to dealers and you pick from what they are allocated. I wanted an M Sport Pro with towbar and said I was open to any colour. Getting a white one.
This. I was told dealers have slots for colours and interior already chosen, I’ve gone for a pro in phytonic blue with oyster interior with a delivery slot end of Feb
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 05:21 PM   #18
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The shadow View Post
This. I was told dealers have slots for colours and interior already chosen, I’ve gone for a pro in phytonic blue with oyster interior with a delivery slot end of Feb
These are for the facelift models right? I know Premier and Premier Pro ones were pre-selected combinations but didn’t realise it’s the same for the M Sport and M Sport Pros as well
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 06:13 PM   #19
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah think it's the same for the Msport ones, get base or top, and if lucky maybe one with laser or tow. Pretty much it, have to get lucky on colour combos as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:52 PM   #20
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Yeah think it's the same for the Msport ones, get base or top, and if lucky maybe one with laser or tow. Pretty much it, have to get lucky on colour combos as well.
Thanks, hopefully Hitachi open up for orders again soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 11:06 AM   #21
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs139 View Post
These are for the facelift models right? I know Premier and Premier Pro ones were pre-selected combinations but didn’t realise it’s the same for the M Sport and M Sport Pros as well
Yep, m sport pro ordered
Appreciate 0