BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

09-09-2021, 12:33 PM   #1
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

Swap F80 CS for G80 Comp - how confident is the group on track pads being available?

Hello all - I've finally found the G80 spec that's making me want to swap my F80 CS for a G80 Comp but, after doing quite a bit of reading on this channel, I'm starting to have second thoughts due to the availability (or lack thereof) of track pads and what seems to be a massive pain in the ass to swap pads compared to F8x. I typically do 5-6 track weekends a year - not a ton - but primarily drive @ COTA where the G80 will be braking from 145-150 down the back stretch - the stock pads aren't going to hold up. I've been using PFC 08s for years and they've been really solid (noisy and dirty, but they perform).

What is everyone's level of confidence that the aftermarket will come through with some track pads by early next year? Is this delay expected given everything that's going on or a sign that there may not be as much aftermarket love for tracking the G8x platform? Welcome input from the group…
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
Hello all - I've finally found the G80 spec that's making me want to swap my F80 CS for a G80 Comp but, after doing quite a bit of reading on this channel, I'm starting to have second thoughts due to the availability (or lack thereof) of track pads and what seems to be a massive pain in the ass to swap pads compared to F8x. I typically do 5-6 track weekends a year - not a ton - but primarily drive @ COTA where the G80 will be braking from 145-150 down the back stretch - the stock pads aren't going to hold up. I've been using PFC 08s for years and they've been really solid (noisy and dirty, but they perform).

What is everyone's level of confidence that the aftermarket will come through with some track pads by early next year? Is this delay expected given everything that's going on or a sign that there may not be as much aftermarket love for tracking the G8x platform? Welcome input from the group…
Very Confident…
Attached Images