BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Bavsound sub questions

01-30-2021, 03:18 AM   #1
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550ix M-SPORT

Bavsound sub questions

I'm curious if anyone has switched the subs in their new lci m550i without changing amps or other speakers? How does it sound, any cons to this mod? I also read u have to disconnect the center speaker? I appreciate all info u guys can share thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 06:05 AM   #2
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarReady View Post
I'm curious if anyone has switched the subs in their new lci m550i without changing amps or other speakers? How does it sound, any cons to this mod? I also read u have to disconnect the center speaker? I appreciate all info u guys can share thanks!
I've swapped them in a g01, but for alpha ones.

Definitely more bass, seems richer and less muddy.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 01:42 AM   #3
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoff86 View Post
Quote:

No change of amp just subs?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 03:48 AM   #4
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've got HK and I drive 7, so it's the RAM/Booster setup. And I've just had the booster replaced as it was a faulty one.

There's enough power in that amp, just the crappy paper speakers. Now, when I put my hand on the grill under the seat, I can actually feel the air moving from the sub , whereas it couldn't on the Hk one.

I've got the mids and tweeters coming next week to complete my setup.

On way I chose these over Bav sound - bimmertech deliver to the uk for free, and Bavsound don't deliver to the uk.

But I'm very happy none the less, other people have said they are comparable to each other
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 10:47 AM   #5
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've got HK and I drive 7, so it's the RAM/Booster setup. And I've just had the booster replaced as it was a faulty one.

There's enough power in that amp, just the crappy paper speakers. Now, when I put my hand on the grill under the seat, I can actually feel the air moving from the sub , whereas it couldn't on the Hk one.

On way I chose these over Bav sound - bimmertech deliver to the uk for free, and Bavsound don't deliver to the uk.

But I'm very happy none the less, other people have said they are comparable to each other
Thanks for the info I appreciate it! Sucks u spend so much on a car and still have to modify it lol
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 12:06 PM   #6
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the info I appreciate it! Sucks u spend so much on a car and still have to modify it lol
I'm thinking of changing my subs too so interesting to hear what people have done

Also have you bought an 550i lci in Ireland?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 03:43 AM   #7
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylazy2020 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm thinking of changing my subs too so interesting to hear what people have done

Cheers
No just ordered mine in the US. Just waiting figuring out what to do lol
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 04:59 AM   #8
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers
The Irish flag in to your profile made me think you lived in Ireland

Incidentally they have only made the 550i available in Ireland since the launch of the lci

It's my dream car but with decent spec they €140,000 new

So circa $170,000 which is a fair chunk of change!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 05:19 AM   #9
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

Incidentally they have only made the 550i available in Ireland since the launch of the lci

Wow that's a steep price I guess not to many places to get one in Ireland?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 05:41 AM   #10
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

Wow that's a steep price I guess not to many places to get one in Ireland?
Plenty of dealerships it's just the Irish government put 36% vehicle registration tax on top of the price of the car which already has sales and import duty on it so it's actually a tax on a tax on tax!

I think Denmark is the only place in Europe where a new car is more expensive.

Hence a tuned 2017 530d to 330bhp 545lb ft for €34k is good value!
Appreciate 0