BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Planning on G11-ing up the G31 inside!

01-02-2021, 03:56 PM   #1
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Planning on G11-ing up the G31 inside!

So since getting my G31, I have to say I love it, partly this has to do with the fact it's fully loaded and has almost every option on it, and it's so comfortable. However, if I could have one family car from the BMW stable, I would have my G11 back, because the interior was a step up in terms of feel. unfortunately being a saloon it wasn't practical.

But I do think the G31 interior is not far away, but there are some aspects I wish were a bit more G11. Therefore the easy items to change would be the trim inside where possible. If you know the G11, you'll know that the trim and buttons are all nice brushed metal. It seems that it was possible to option the G3x with 4U0 which was the electroplat. option - this provided the metal finishers to the buttons in many places. It seems to be a rare option though, as most people went for the ceramic finisher which does look good too, but in the G11 you could have both and it looked even better.

So enough waffle. What I plan to do is change the climate panel for the G11 panel which should be plug and play as I have the digital 4 zone panel already which is, I believe, Identical in function to the G3x version. I also plan to change the window switches, the light switch panel and the start panel to the correct 4U0 option parts, or take them from the G11 where they are an identical part. I've seen some pictures of people who have done similar and it looks great.

I might be crazy, but I think it will look good, at least to me! Will post updates as I go.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 03:59 PM   #2
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

This is the 4U0 option in the X3 and this is how it will look around the climate, SS button, window buttons etc:

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #3
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

pics from a G30

https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...83&postcount=3
Appreciate 0