BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Stuck door handle

12-16-2020, 10:37 AM   #1
Dutt1113
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i xdrive

Stuck door handle

has anyone had an outside door handle get stuck and not move at all regardless of unlocked or not? The door opens just fine from inside. It doesn't seem frozen when you pull the handle. It feels like it's locked up on something. I have an appointment next Monday I'm sure it will get sorted under warranty. I'm worried as I've had too many little things go wrong like this. I'd be absolutely pissed if car wasn't under warranty. I've had several drivetrain malfunctions happen where they replaced sensors on different banks of engine, a battery for the emergency sos system go bad, and now this. I'm considering selling the car sooner than later if things like this keep happening even though car is certified to through 2023.
      02-10-2021, 02:13 PM   #2
lam_lam13
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Were you able to figure out what the issue is? I live in Minnesota and it has been super cold lately. All of my door handles appeared to be frozen shut besides the drivers door.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 03:45 AM   #3
Mariuss
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2020 530ex

This happened to me yesterday on my 530e. It scared me (as it moved only about 1mm) but due to the weather, I was hopeful it's just frozen - it was and fixed itself during the next drive. I guess it's a different mechanism than all previous BMW cars where handles don't freeze, only the whole doors.
Appreciate 0