M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Porsche 991.2 GT3

03-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #23
blefevre
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track Car, (M2 sold)

Perfection.

Still to much money for me though. I have been watching 997 GT3s for a while now. It'll be real interesting to see what happens to their values.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 02:35 AM   #24
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Nice. So the new GT3 will pretty much get the engine that was offered in the the GT3 RS and 911-R (at least displacement wise), and will be offered with a manual. Damn, sucks to have bought the 991.1 GT3.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #25
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefevre View Post
Perfection.

Still to much money for me though. I have been watching 997 GT3s for a while now. It'll be real interesting to see what happens to their values.
Bet you it'll go down a little bit, but not too much due to last Mezger. But this will be the last true NA, 6MT, non-Hybrid car IMHO, so it'll hold its value like crazy.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 09:09 AM   #26
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Followed a black R this morning. Sounded great and sure looks better without the big wing. They'll be keepers, that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 10:16 AM   #27
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
beautiful
      03-08-2017, 10:59 AM   #28
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I know a certain someone on here first on the list for rs. Hate them.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #29
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Winning as usual.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #30
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdchicago View Post
I bet it sells $50,000+ over MSRP assuming you can get one...
Not if you already have your allocation lined up and price pre negotiated. It isn't extremely difficult to get msrp, if you do your due diligence. My buddy is second in line at his dealer for msrp, he is coming from a Cayman GT4. He put his deposit down the day the manual 991.2 rumors started, which was quite some time ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 03:26 AM   #31
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.mba
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdchicago View Post
I bet it sells $50,000+ over MSRP assuming you can get one...
Wrong... GT3 is not a limited number car. You can have one for MSRP. Also because the new GT3 comes in manual guise, expect the older 991.1 GT3RS to drop in price and maybe even the 997 GT3RS and GT3s to go down in pricing. All positive news to me. Been waiting for the 997s to settle down in pricing to make a move.

M
Dont think prices will drop anything more than the usual depreciation. Last model GT3 with PDK was their best sellng one. Even tho there is a manual option now, way more PDKs are still going to be sold.

I drive a manual now and have been driving manual for the last 11 years, but Id get this car in PDK.

The ONLY time manual is more fun than dual clutch is when you are going WOT. DCTs kill it in everything else. Spirited driving in a manual is annoying as fk, huge power cuts since your not shifting hard, completely distracts from the overall experience... manual trans cant touch the way DCTs fly through the gears when short shifting.. come out of a corner, about 80% on the throttle, shifting around 5k.. fly through like 3 gears in a couple seconds.. fkn love it.
      03-09-2017, 07:14 AM   #32
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Dont think prices will drop anything more than the usual depreciation. Last model GT3 with PDK was their best sellng one. Even tho there is a manual option now, way more PDKs are still going to be sold.

I drive a manual now and have been driving manual for the last 11 years, but Id get this car in PDK.

The ONLY time manual is more fun than dual clutch is when you are going WOT. DCTs kill it in everything else. Spirited driving in a manual is annoying as fk, huge power cuts since your not shifting hard, completely distracts from the overall experience... manual trans cant touch the way DCTs fly through the gears when short shifting.. come out of a corner, about 80% on the throttle, shifting around 5k.. fly through like 3 gears in a couple seconds.. fkn love it.
To each their own, but I think you'd have to be crazy (or just have enough FU money to buy one of these and not care about value) to get this car with PDK. This will be one of THE last 911 with NA, high revving engine, 6MT and non-hybrid. Something like a Miami Blue, 6MT, carbon buckets and carbon ceramics would be a true unicorn.

Besides, with automatic rev matching these days, I really do believe that the gap between PDK and MT is not that massive.
Appreciate 2
6ixSpd6014.50
      03-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #33
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

PDK is the way to go if you're going to track it. Can't beat slamming on the brakes going into a slow corner and having it double downshift seamlessly in sport+ mode. You can really focus on the lines and not worry about what gear you're in.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #34
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
PDK is the way to go if you're going to track it. Can't beat slamming on the brakes going into a slow corner and having it double downshift seamlessly in sport+ mode. You can really focus on the lines and not worry about what gear you're in.
That's absolutely true. But I guess for me, all of my cars spend far more time on the road than the track.

But it's a moot point because I can't afford this car, yet alone afford to track it. Let's all celebrate that Porsche is still offering both!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 11:54 AM   #35
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
To each their own, but I think you'd have to be crazy (or just have enough FU money to buy one of these and not care about value) to get this car with PDK. This will be one of THE last 911 with NA, high revving engine, 6MT and non-hybrid. Something like a Miami Blue, 6MT, carbon buckets and carbon ceramics would be a true unicorn.

Besides, with automatic rev matching these days, I really do believe that the gap between PDK and MT is not that massive.
I think people that buy a car and let resale value dictate their purchase are crazy.

I've put in my order for a PDK .2 GT3 yesterday and come from 3 previous manuals. For me, manuals make slow cars more fun and DCT/PDKs make fast cars more fun.

There are just as many buyers (or more) for PDK as 6mt. And look at the e92 M3, last NA M3 and the DCT prices vs. 6mt prices are no different. In 20 years? It might be a different story but such a small % of people keep their cars that long.

Can't go wrong with getting the spec you want!

Last edited by Fahrvergnügen; 03-09-2017 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 01:39 PM   #36
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Absolute perfection
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 01:53 PM   #37
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

It's officially the best modern driver's car made, period.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #38
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrvergnügen View Post
I think people that buy a car and let resale value dictate their purchase are crazy.

I've put in my order for a PDK .2 GT3 yesterday and come from 3 previous manuals. For me, manuals make slow cars more fun and DCT/PDKs make fast cars more fun.

There are just as many buyers (or more) for PDK as 6mt. And look at the e92 M3, last NA M3 and the DCT prices vs. 6mt prices are no different. In 20 years? It might be a different story but such a small % of people keep their cars that long.

Did you get a slot or actually order it? What color if in fact an order was made?

It would be a coin flip for me. Pdk /manual. If the flip was a pdk I'd probably say '2 out 3' though.

PTS fashion gray or slate!!!!
      03-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #39
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post

if I had this car, the last thing thats going to affect my resell value is the transmission lol Id drive it till the wheels fall off.
      03-09-2017, 03:06 PM   #40
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

So lucky! Please make sure you share pics with us when you get it. What color did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #41
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
For me, manuals make slow cars more fun and DCT/PDKs make fast cars more fun.
This is sage. Man, I almost want to put that in my sig (with proper attribution, of course).

As for the car: man. Dat RED!

(I'd still choose a McLaren or an Audi R8 V10. But that's just me.)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #42
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
So lucky! Please make sure you share pics with us when you get it. What color did you go with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Did you get a slot or actually order it? What color if in fact an order was made?

It would be a coin flip for me. Pdk /manual. If the flip was a pdk I'd probably say '2 out 3' though.

PTS fashion gray or slate!!!!
As of today, no NA dealers have actual allocations (despite what you might hear). However, some dealers are prioritizing their vip members/lists and requesting builds to be submitted to show PCNA that they do, in fact, have orders ready to go. <-- these people will have V070 status with their dealers.

My dealer has shared with me that I am first in line for PDK and 2nd overall. Assuming the first 2-3 months are devoted to PDK as dealers say, then I will hopefully get mine in the Fall.

I didn't even contemplate MT for this car. Had 6mt in my M4 and have 6mt in my 1M. The M4 just felt like it had more to give and just didn't 'sync' right with the tranny. The 1M, just like air cooled 993s, are perfect matches for MT. I would not consider an autobox for those types of cars.

Here's my build:
GT Silver
Leather Interior
Black LEDs
Sport Chrono
Bucket Seats
Yellow Seat Belts
PCCB
Front Axle Lift
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 04:43 PM   #43
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^
Nice. Can't go wrong with gt silver. I know the gm's at both stores, ft worth excluded, maybe I'll stop by. It's been so long, they both could be gone. We aren't golf pals or anything
I've been introduced to them and shot the bull a few times.
      03-09-2017, 04:52 PM   #44
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^
Nice. Can't go wrong with gt silver. I know the gm's at both stores, ft worth excluded, maybe I'll stop by. It's been so long, they both could be gone. We aren't golf pals or anything
I've been introduced to them and shot the bull a few times.
My dealer is out of state. I spoke to some guys at Porsche Plano but they gave me the cold shoulder so I went elsewhere.

EDIT: I hear a 4th P dealer is coming to town in Grapevine, maybe?
Appreciate 0