M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Lamborghini Huracán Performante: Fastest Road Car at The Ring - EVER!

03-03-2017, 08:30 PM   #45
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Looking at these two, just by the rear wheels.. you can tell there was suspension work done.
Attached Images

03-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #46
nathanm4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila View Post
Several people believe it's a fake run, altered onboard video with cuts and frame rate changes.
That's "WTF"
      03-04-2017, 06:03 PM   #47
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila View Post
Several people believe it's a fake run, altered onboard video with cuts and frame rate changes.

Yup! Read all about on Dale's blog...

DID LAMBO “FAKE” THAT LAPTIME?
http://www.bridgetogantry.com/blog-d...-that-laptime/

and a few more stories here on the front page...
www.bridgetogantry.com

and now...
http://jalopnik.com/did-lamborghini-...ium=socialflow
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 07:37 PM   #48
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Didnt they put a speed limit in a certain section of the 'ring
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 07:52 PM   #49
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouseWon View Post
Speedcams too .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 09:46 PM   #50
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouseWon View Post
They did... but they were only for a few months. The speed limits are gone now.

The track management also changed the way you can buy a ticket. I'm not totally sure but it looks like you have to buy four lap minimum now(~100 euros). ? In the long run it will be cheaper per lap. But for someone who only wants to do one or two laps, it will cost a little bit more for that plastic 'Ring card.

http://www.bridgetogantry.com/massiv...ng-tf-tickets/

I guess we will know more on Good Friday(CarFreitag) next month. That's when the 'Ring season opens.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 03:37 AM   #51
AntDX316
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 750xi ///M Performance

I read it's NA, not force inducted or hybrid.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 08:13 AM   #52
dgp
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bicycle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsportenterprise View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
We'll have to see about that. It would be a little weird (at least to me) that their flagship 911 beat their own hyper car.
Why? The current 991.2S which at 100k is about as fast as the CGT was decade ago. Given the new tech and especially how much tires have changed I don't see it being a feat one should denounce.

Here is some more of my extended logic. Look at how fast the old GT2 RS was. 7:18 with a manual. Simply adding PDK and changing nothing else that car would likely run under ~7:06 given evidence seems to show PDK is worth 12 seconds over manual. On a car like the GT2 RS it might be worth even more given how much easier it is to drive. Now, let's add the much improved MPSC2 tires, rear wheel steering, the new 991 chassis, new PTV, more downforce, and I'm guessing some other tech may be from the 918 and I can easily see the car surpassing the 918.

Furthermore, with the current 991.1 GT3 RS running a 7:18 at less than 500 hp, a face lifted version on the way which should easily surpass that, a car with another 150 hp and 200 more torque, the GT2 RS should really be something.

You can see the Huracan they tested is not nearly close to a production car so the 7:52 is not a viable time in my mind compared to the 918.
I believe the 991.1 GT3 RS runs 7:20 at the ring not 7:18 according to Porsche ?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 09:15 AM   #53
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Just super impressed with the driver's skill in pretty difficult light conditions - that low sun position and the heavy shade contrasts around the track make it all the more impressive regardless of the discussion on the car's setup.
      03-05-2017, 09:51 AM   #54
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Good video with what seems like good data to consider.

Can't understand how Lamborghini would have the balls to try something as risky, in this day it is so easy to figure things out and it will look really bad if proven to be fake (which it kind of is already in this video and pictures above of the suspension set up)
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #55
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
Haters Gonna Hate...

What exactly does Lamborghini have to gain if their competitors would or could confirm this is fake or false? Until I see definitive proof it was staged or false, I have no reason not to believe Lambo.
so the fact that the door panels arent production, car is running a roll cage, driver seat isnt production, passenger seat is removed, the speedo jumping from 130 to 190 in 2 frames (around 4:30ish) etc.. isnt enough to at least say this isnt a production model?

I meam I get you are the one that started the thread and all and it got torn apart but cmon..
Roll Cage and fixed seat are for safety purposes only and do not provide any additional structural rigidity. Most manufacturers conducting max limit laps do so. This includes Porsche also (the Panamera recently for example).

The door panels and removal of the passenger seat is to offset the added weight of the cage.

The speed display is from the standard on-board LPI System. The spike is nothing more than the car becoming airborne.

The front lip is adjustable.

The "suspension" isn't tweaked. The utility cover jutting out of the ground that the left rear is sitting on with the dampers unpowered which compresses that corner.

Any other bogus conspiracies to debunk?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #56
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Boosted Boris certainly makes some good points.

Also very cool that he makes this video while walking on the ring

As for the fastest time... that belongs to Radical
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #57
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Fastest street legal production car. The Radical isn't either, much like the screwball Donckevoort before it. And if we're playing that game, pretty sure a late 80's Ferrari F1 car holds the fastest full lap time.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #58
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Whats a 'production car'?

And what is 'screwball' at that donkervoort?

Both the donkervoort and the radical are made in production numbers that are in the same ballpark as many other exotics that make the 'production street legal nordschleife laptimes list', like some pagani's or koenigseggs production variants.
And are streetlegal too. A F1 car is neither, so I dont understand why you bring that up.

The interesting thing about those laptimes (so the radicals and donkervoorts), is that those laptimes were set over 10 years ago. So that is with tyre technology of that age.
So those cars are way out of the league of for example a mclaren p1 or similar cars.
It would be interesting what the new/current radical rxc500 could do on the nordschleife. EVO did a review on that car and their conclusion was that it drove circles around a P1 all day long on normal tyres.
Radicals are just insanely fast. I never felt so slow being overtaken by one on the ring
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 03-05-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 08:17 PM   #59
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier
Quote:
Quote:
Haters Gonna Hate...

What exactly does Lamborghini have to gain if their competitors would or could confirm this is fake or false? Until I see definitive proof it was staged or false, I have no reason not to believe Lambo.
so the fact that the door panels arent production, car is running a roll cage, driver seat isnt production, passenger seat is removed, the speedo jumping from 130 to 190 in 2 frames (around 4:30ish) etc.. isnt enough to at least say this isnt a production model?

I meam I get you are the one that started the thread and all and it got torn apart but cmon..
Roll Cage and fixed seat are for safety purposes only and do not provide any additional structural rigidity. Most manufacturers conducting max limit laps do so. This includes Porsche also (the Panamera recently for example).

The door panels and removal of the passenger seat is to offset the added weight of the cage.

The speed display is from the standard on-board LPI System. The spike is nothing more than the car becoming airborne.

The "suspension" isn't tweaked. The utility cover jutting out of the ground that the left rear is sitting on with the dampers unpowered which compresses that corner.

lolll.. right, airborn.. good one. it doesnt spike, it jumps to 190 and stays there.

Ive seen plenty of videos of that car for the last 6-7 months and never seen the lip like that.

and if you actually think that ground hole cover is sticking out enough to make a difference that big, you are on a good one.
      03-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #60
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haters Gonna Hate...

lolll.. right, airborn.. good one. it doesnt spike, it jumps to 190 and stays there.

Ive seen plenty of videos of that car for the last 6-7 months and never seen the lip like that.

and if you actually think that ground hole cover is sticking out enough to make a difference that big, you are on a good one.
It's accelerating just before the momentary drop from the drag encountered when it comes back down (not talking about Dukes of Hazard air time here). The signal becomes valid again and the speed value spikes back up to where it should be.

The lip has been heavily camouflaged but present for quite some time. Only appears different now as it was placed in the extended track position with different camo applied.

It looks bigger than it is. The production spec wheels and tires also exaggerate the effect.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 10:38 PM   #61
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
I have no reason the believe that this is anywhere close to a production car to even consider it legitimate for comparison. I think this car is mighty fast but anyone with some sort of racing knowledge will know how much it takes to beat the 918's "claimed" time by 5 seconds at the ring. This all looks and sounds like a load of "BULL" shit to me especially with the suspect video. I'm just waiting for the ACR to come in and set a legitimate record.

We've just surpassed the half way mark for crowdfunding. Any amount helps.

https://www.gofundme.com/take-back-the-ring-record
Amg gtr killed 918.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #62
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:
Looking at these two, just by the rear wheels.. you can tell there was suspension work done.
Angle of the car, they look the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #63
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haters Gonna Hate...

It's accelerating just before the momentary drop from the drag encountered when it comes back down (not talking about Dukes of Hazard air time here). The signal becomes valid again and the speed value spikes back up to where it should be.

The lip has been heavily camouflaged but present for quite some time. Only appears different now as it was placed in the extended track position with different camo applied.

It looks bigger than it is. The production spec wheels and tires also exaggerate the effect.
lol sure buddy.. Your air born thoery makes no sense. If the lip is adjustable, id assume its active.. and they would have been testing it for a long time, and it would have been visible. That hole cover isnt bigger than it appears. Unless you work for Lambo and worked on this car and were part of this test, your thoeries carry no weight.

and what about all the charts that break down the lap compared to the 918 and SV, where the Huracan is going a lot slower according to the speedo, but covering sectors a lot faster lol.
      03-05-2017, 11:40 PM   #64
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Unless you work for Lambo and worked on this car and were part of this test, your thoeries carry no weight.
The 11th marks 10 years. Nuff said.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 06:02 AM   #65
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Unless you work for Lambo and worked on this car and were part of this test, your thoeries carry no weight.
The 11th marks 10 years. Nuff said.
what about the last part of my post?

airborne thoery still makes no sense.. but if you claim you work for lambo, ill give you the others, as long as you can explain the last part of the post.. how it covers the same distance going slower in a shorter amount of time.
      03-06-2017, 06:04 AM   #66
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma_335i
Quote:
Angle of the car, they look the same.
is that what you tell your girl "angle of the video babe, theyre the same size"

haha im jk

they dont look the same to me at all.