M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M8 m sport exhaust modified !

05-04-2022, 01:29 PM   #23
Edx5m
Private
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justao View Post
Msport exhaust doesn't cost much, I've seen plenty 2nd hand on ebay selling for £1k, you won't buy a proper exhaust exhaust for that much, considering akrapovic or armytrix cost 6x more… opf delete and res is a cheap mode to improve the sound to an existing exhaust system
well said
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 08:23 PM   #24
M8Bimmer
Not a good Canadian sheep!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

Ok...I didn't realize they were not that valuable used. I'd bet to replace it from BMW it wouldn't be cheap.
But yet the after market ones are 10k...go figure.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 12:30 AM   #25
Edx5m
Private
Rep

Quote:
Msport exhaust doesn't cost much, I've seen plenty 2nd hand on ebay selling for £1k, you won't buy a proper exhaust exhaust for that much, considering akrapovic or armytrix cost 6x more… opf delete and res is a cheap mode to improve the sound to an existing exhaust system
buddy u can try to add a X pipe, the different from your exhaust is a xpipe
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 02:24 AM   #26
Justao
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 F91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edx5m View Post
Quote:
buddy u can try to add a X pipe, the different from your exhaust is a xpipe
I've booked my car in for xpipe on Saturday, I'll update if any difference in sound
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 04:08 AM   #27
Edx5m
Private
Rep

Quote:
I've booked my car in for xpipe on Saturday, I'll update if any difference in sound
Cool!waiting for your update!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 07:37 AM   #28
Edx5m
Private
Rep

Quote:
Mine has stage 2 tune and also catless downpipes. It's super loud, probably too loud but what I'm missing is deep sound. The current exhaust sound is very "sharp" and when accelerating in low rpms it does not sound nice, the sound is like not even sure how to describe it, like there is a leak somewhere in my exhaust while definitely the exhaust is ok as it was inspected. You might say it does not have the deep sound because of downpipes but the downpipes were installed after sometime. I don't know whether to give up on msport exhaust and start looking for aftermarket solution or try a different shop to inspect the exhaust…
that's cool! I wanna do mapping, but my DME is update version. still locking..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 11:20 PM   #29
Edx5m
Private
Rep

Quote:
sounds better now?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 03:13 PM   #30
Justao
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 F91

Quote:
Quote:
sounds better now?
It's day and night now… they found the exhaust leak… the previous company has left the hole at the top when welding… probably that was the reason my car didn't pull as it should, and now feels like all the horses are back… also I'm really happy with the xpipe, it has this deeper sound.
Appreciate 2
M8Bimmer1272.50
      05-17-2022, 12:37 AM   #31
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
if you have bimmer code app, you can try to code the burble..

I do think the ASD affect the sound. you may give it try
Okay now I truly have a need for Bummer code. I know there are older threads out there with recommended Bluetooth OBD modules for the connectivity but can someone share again?

The key being is although ASD is supposedly only in cabin fabricated sound I can 100% confirm at least in a N850i it alters the exhaust plus the engine/transmission settings. I've posted in the past that when switching from my default setting, i.e., driving mode vs sporty or reduced when set to reduced it 100% killed the exhaust and literally put the car in comfort mode vs my Sport Individual setting.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 03:24 AM   #32
Edx5m
Private
Rep

I have my ASD off which make the exhaust sound at higher pitch.

And I recommend you to buy a obd with wifi or cable. it is much faster in coding.

I have obd Bluetooth, it is really slow in loading and connecting...like 10 sec and 1 minute difference in speed
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 12:29 PM   #33
Dasky_spas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

What was done to the cut pipes going to the middle muffler that was removed? Was there a cap placed on those ends?

I may do the same but cut as close as possible to the two mufflers so the exhaust doesn't travel into a dead end. That would be awful for exhaust gas flow.
Appreciate 0