M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Audio settings for HK system

03-25-2022, 09:18 AM   #45
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Beemer5to3;28723358"
The base vs. HK is night and day! I'm in the UK (well not currently as I'm sunning myself in Mexico!), and our base system is just 6 speakers, whereas the base in the US and some other markets is the 205W BMW loudspeaker professional / HiFi as it's commonly known.

Some cracking choices of song / band right there! If you like your FM, then Gypsy is a great song to use, also Stop Draggin' My Heart around is a great EQ setup test track.
Wow the base for 8-series in NA is HK with a 16 speaker setup and the 464W amp. B&W is also 16 speakers but a 1400W amp and different crossovers given the B&W is based on their 800 series (I've owned 803d in my home audio) which is a world of difference vs HK.

"Stop dragging my heart around" is an all time favorite and RIP to Tom. Living here in Phoenix where Stevie is still based out of and musical connections from my past life I've been fortunate enough to see her and Tom play it live on several occasions. Pure magic!
Oh sorry - I just meant in general on stuff like 3 series / 5 series etc, standard system in the UK 8's is HK. I was just talking about when you were comparing HK to base on the X5.

Yeah Tom Petty was class - and I love Stevie's voice too, I just don't like her…I'm definitely Team Lindsey when it comes to the Fleetwood Mac dramas! I've never seen them live unfortunately, but have a quick look on YouTube for a UK tribute band called "Rumours of Fleetwood Mac" - they are absolutely superb, and even been endorsed by Mick Fleetwood. Going to see them for the 3rd time this year.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 10:27 AM   #46
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

@JDS bloozemanAZ My HK settings below (no Logic7 turned on)
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
JDS192.00
      03-28-2022, 10:28 PM   #47
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
@JDS bloozemanAZ My HK settings below (no Logic7 turned on)
I unfortunately didn't make it to my dealer on Saturday as planned given that pesky thing called work got in the way. We had a major situation with several systems down so spent most of the day on tech and management bridges (I live in both worlds) until resolved. Hoping to test out the HK this week if I can sneak away in the late afternoon. 🤣
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 10:37 PM   #48
ikonn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

@Bloozeman, any update?

Although, I don’t think that anything you suggest will make any difference TBH. I’ve tried a few different settings and I’m still really dissatisfied.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 10:13 AM   #49
MagnificoRoad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 840iGC

I was disappointed about not being able to spec a recent CPO with B&W, music being a major factor for me…. however, I have been pleasantly surprised by the sound of the HK in the car I bought. I did hear both at a dealership so I know the difference. While certainly no concert hall audio effect and not nearly the adjustability of the B&W, I configured the equalizer to the “U” shape (ish), increasing both the bass and the treble and keeping the mid mostly neutral. My test song, “Cornflake Girl,” (Tori Amos of ya don’t know), turned way up, sounds downright awesome. I think it also helps not to keep being exposed to the audio in the B&W as a point of comparison
      03-16-2024, 10:32 AM   #50
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificoRoad View Post
I was disappointed about not being able to spec a CPO ‘23 840i with B&W, being a major music person…. however, I have been pleasantly surprised by the sound of the HK in the car I bought. I did hear both at a dealership so I know the difference. While certainly no concert hall audio effect and not nearly the adjustability of the B&W, I configured the equalizer to the “U” shape (ish), increasing both the bass and the treble and keeping the mid mostly neutral. My test song, “Cornflake Girl,” (Tori Amos of ya don’t know), turned way up, sounds downright awesome. I think it also helps not to keep being exposed to the audio in the B&W as a point of comparison
Yes, ignorance is bliss if you don't know what you're missing.
Appreciate 1