M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Bmw M850i new owner questions

08-01-2023, 02:54 PM   #1
Mehjia
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M850i

Bmw M850i new owner questions

Guys , i have a few questions as a new owner of a M850 if you could help me with some 😁

1. I would like to do a resonator delete , should I go with straight or X-pipe , or it doesnt really matter ? Is there anywhere to buy prefabricated X-pipe or should the shop make it ( will this void my warranty ?)
2. I am thinking about a sport air filter ( BMC / K&N ).
do you have it , does it worth it ? also for oil change you use regular BMW oil or something better Liqui Moly / Polytron
3. And finally , I am thinking about a stage 1 , I see the tuners around me all tuned this model to around 680 hp , is it safe for the car , have you had any problems remaping the car ? ( mine has 38k miles )

If you have any other tips for a good maintenance of the car Im all ears 😁 thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Tenac4759.00
      08-01-2023, 06:46 PM   #2
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehjia View Post
Guys , i have a few questions as a new owner of a M850 if you could help me with some 😁

1. I would like to do a resonator delete , should I go with straight or X-pipe , or it doesnt really matter ? Is there anywhere to buy prefabricated X-pipe or should the shop make it ( will this void my warranty ?)
2. I am thinking about a sport air filter ( BMC / K&N ).
do you have it , does it worth it ? also for oil change you use regular BMW oil or something better Liqui Moly / Polytron
3. And finally , I am thinking about a stage 1 , I see the tuners around me all tuned this model to around 680 hp , is it safe for the car , have you had any problems remaping the car ? ( mine has 38k miles )

If you have any other tips for a good maintenance of the car Im all ears 😁 thanks
Enjoy that beauty! Can't help on the mods as I'm not a modder (yet at least) but for #3 you'll need a tuner with the skill to unlock the ECU.
Appreciate 0