M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Bmw speed cam/red light update

09-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #1
CH3K M8!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8

Bmw speed cam/red light update

Excuse My Ignorance Or Lack Of Knowledge LoL... But I Just Got An X4 Loaner From The Dealer And Saw A Few Speed Cam/Red Light Notifications I Got An M8.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
RJC-11289.50
mgod483.50
      09-21-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH3K M8! View Post
Excuse My Ignorance Or Lack Of Knowledge LoL... But I Just Got An X4 Loaner From The Dealer And Saw A Few Speed Cam/Red Light Notifications I Got An M8.
It's a new Connected Drive app and so far for the 2019s and 2020s it is an add on subscription vs included in the Connected Drive "bundle" that comes with the car. Not sure if it is now included in the 2021 "bundle" and the X4 is a 2021 or someone at the dealer activated the subscription for it.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 10:23 PM   #3
CH3K M8!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
It's a new Connected Drive app and so far for the 2019s and 2020s it is an add on subscription vs included in the Connected Drive "bundle" that comes with the car. Not sure if it is now included in the 2021 "bundle" and the X4 is a 2021 or someone at the dealer activated the subscription for it.
Ahhhh Ok Thanks.. How Much Does It Cost & How Do I Sign Up For It!?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 12:44 AM   #4
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Very cool feature, not so cool it's standard on new X3 and not on 19-20 M850/M8's that cost up to 3X's as much...

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 01:13 AM   #5
mgod
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 csl 992 turbo S

Garage List
I'll definitely check with my coder maybe he can Get it coded to the car thanks for that update
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 02:23 AM   #6
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Nice one and definitely useful. Let's see if there is a way to have it on our 8ers - whether it be through a subscription or whether it needs to be activated in some other ways before being able to have it (this granted it is offered for all models as a subscription).
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 11:13 PM   #7
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMWWINS View Post
Nice one and definitely useful. Let's see if there is a way to have it on our 8ers - whether it be through a subscription or whether it needs to be activated in some other ways before being able to have it (this granted it is offered for all models as a subscription).
It's a Connected Drive app, e.g., Drive Recorder so as far as I know you cannot code it whatsoever. The good news is that it is only $25 for a 15 month subscription. However, there is a separate thread on the topic and at least for myself with JBV1 active on every drive it provides the same service and more so. Hence, I see zero value in the subscription but others mileage may vary to make their decision.
Appreciate 1
FBMWWINS603.50
      09-23-2020, 01:51 AM   #8
CH3K M8!
Rep

Quote:
It's a Connected Drive app, e.g., Drive Recorder so as far as I know you cannot code it whatsoever. The good news is that it is only $25 for a 15 month subscription. However, there is a separate thread on the topic and at least for myself with JBV1 active on every drive it provides the same service and more so. Hence, I see zero value in the subscription but others mileage may vary to make their decision.
I’m Interested In It. Can U Tell Me How To Get Or Or Post The Link To The Thread Please. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 03:57 AM   #9
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Correct but is the speed cam/red light stuff part of the Driver Recorder purchase? I checked under the available bookable services and the only ones I can additionally book are:

BMW Drive Recorder
BMW WLAN Hotspot
BMW Music option.

Everything else is booked on my vehicle and active.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 09:38 PM   #10
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH3K M8! View Post
I’m Interested In It. Can U Tell Me How To Get Or Or Post The Link To The Thread Please. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMWWINS View Post
Correct but is the speed cam/red light stuff part of the Driver Recorder purchase? I checked under the available bookable services and the only ones I can additionally book are:

BMW Drive Recorder
BMW WLAN Hotspot
BMW Music option.

Everything else is booked on my vehicle and active.
Apologies for the tardy reply but that pesky little thing called work and life has kept me off the forum for a couple of days. Here is the original thread discussing the service. https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...t=speed+camera

It is a separate app and one can subscribe to it via the Connected Drive portal. By default once logging in it will show you the subscribed services for your car (or cars by selecting each one). You need to select the "Store" and once loaded you should find it as an "add on" vs what you already have subscribed to. See the attached for my M850i as I'm not subscribed to the service.

The irony in the exercise after checking my wife's X5 it looks like I'm making a decision this December on what to re-subscribe to as her 4-year included subscriptions are up minus Car Play (which she doesn't use). Reality dictates I'm only going to subscribe to the map updates and Remote Services (aka the Connected Drive app) as everything else is useless to her and frankly I'm the only user of the Connected Drive app. Case-in point she'll ask me "how do I get to X" and I'll look it up in the app and send it to her X5.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 05:15 AM   #11
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep

The traffic camera information app is not shown on several countries' connected drive customer portals/stores I have checked. I deduce the reason is that it is not allowed in those countries and that is why I am not seeing this option at all when navigating on the BMW CD portal/store where I have registered my vehicle.
Appreciate 0