M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M8 25% off conv possible ?

09-18-2020, 09:36 AM   #23
fl650
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 & 2016 BMW X1

When purchasing my M8, I didn't have a great experience with this dealership. It may be different if you're there in person, however, they're owned by AutoNation and conduct business accordingly,
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 10:38 AM   #24
WoodlandsM8
Rep
Drives: BMW M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgeater2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Leases are pretty simple these days. Get the base MF (0.00099). No money down. Residual is fixed and non-negotiable. Pick MSD's.
Make sure they are not padding fees...

Personally I go with low miles for higher RV and worry about overages on miles before lease-end.
Yes indeed its but we all know that some dealers will give you very attractive discounts and they will not regotiated on the set inhouse MF and or fees.. which at the end it will relate to a not such of great deal..

Which leads me to assume that Mr. Woodlands is the perfect example, I have asked 3 times for numbers and terms and I get nothing.. so the great 26% off may not be so great after all...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Leases are pretty simple these days. Get the base MF (0.00099). No money down. Residual is fixed and non-negotiable. Pick MSD's.
Make sure they are not padding fees...

Personally I go with low miles for higher RV and worry about overages on miles before lease-end.
Yes indeed its but we all know that some dealers will give you very attractive discounts and they will not regotiated on the set inhouse MF and or fees.. which at the end it will relate to a not such of great deal..

Which leads me to assume that Mr. Woodlands is the perfect example, I have asked 3 times for numbers and terms and I get nothing.. so the great 26% off may not be so great after all...
Oh I got the money factor, residual, etc I wanted. I just don't need to break down the deal for a pompous know it all on an internet forum who wants to talk down like he's the only one who has done the dealer rodeo before.
Appreciate 1
m34SPD306.50
      09-18-2020, 12:47 PM   #25
Amgeater2
Major
Rep
Drives: X6M, M8, Mc 600LT, 296GTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandsM8 View Post
Oh I got the money factor, residual, etc I wanted. I just don't need to break down the deal for a pompous know it all on an internet forum who wants to talk down like he's the only one who has done the dealer rodeo before.
Nice on the name calling.. and when did I said I know it all, and lastly I didnt talk down to you I ask for information that you keep making excuses for..

At this point I (and probably other members here) wont even believe anything coming you unless you upload a pic of the contract showing the numbers.

Have a great day Mr. 26%

Oh and a very Nice Way to start your membership here.. looking real good there Pal !
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 12:57 PM   #26
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Saving money is great, but there is something to be said about paying a little more to get the color/options you want.
LSM1118.00
Belugs318.00
      09-18-2020, 02:11 PM   #27
WoodlandsM8
Rep
Drives: BMW M8

Quote:
Quote:
Nice on the name calling.. and when did I said I know it all, and lastly I didnt talk down to you I ask for information that you keep making excuses for..

At this point I (and probably other members here) wont even believe anything coming you unless you upload a pic of the contract showing the numbers.

Have a great day Mr. 26%

Oh and a very Nice Way to start your membership here.. looking real good there Pal !
Quote:
Quote:

Have a great day Mr. 26%

Your opinion may matter in the small world you operate in, but I really don't care. This is a great forum to browse while on the toilet. That's about where it ends. 👍
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 04:59 PM   #28
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Have a great day Mr. 26%

Quote:
Quote:

Have a great day Mr. 26%

Your opinion may matter in the small world you operate in, but I really don't care. This is a great forum to browse while on the toilet. That's about where it ends. 👍
I'm glad I'm not the one . I love you guys.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 10:21 PM   #29
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:

Have a great day Mr. 26%

Quote:
Wow, that digressed quickly including the only value of this forum is perusing while on the porcelain throne. That within itself is highly contestable by the vast majority of our fellow 8-series brethren whom participate plus others whom are here to gain from the knowledge sharing. Everyone has an opinion but trivializing the value of this forum and Bimmerpost overall is a sad act within itself.
Appreciate 2
i8you5.00
      09-18-2020, 10:38 PM   #30
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
Saving money is great, but there is something to be said about paying a little more to get the color/options you want.
Couldn't agree more. As posted before, everyone body wants a great deal but it often involves a compromise. I for one have posted several times I was not willing to compromise and hence my custom order for a 2020 M850i did not come along with the steep discounts available with the 2019s on the ground at the time. I did not lose any sleep over this as there was not a single 2019 in inventory that matched my build specs.
Appreciate 3
FBMWWINS603.50
i8you5.00
LSM1118.00
      09-19-2020, 12:04 AM   #31
Wristdoc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8C, 2019 X7 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Couldn't agree more. As posted before, everyone body wants a great deal but it often involves a compromise. I for one have posted several times I was not willing to compromise and hence my custom order for a 2020 M850i did not come along with the steep discounts available with the 2019s on the ground at the time. I did not lose any sleep over this as there was not a single 2019 in inventory that matched my build specs.
100%

Some of my biggest "buyer's remorse" cases were situations where I compromised and settled for something that was less than my ideal.

Far more times, I have enjoyed my recent purchase (car/house/boat/plane) and said to myself "I am sure I could have worked that deal and paid less, or walked away, and found a better price but f*ck it, this is worth it and I love it!"

Then don't look back...

Appreciate 2
Belugs318.00
LSM1118.00
      09-19-2020, 12:24 AM   #32
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

I was fortunate, found 99% of what I was looking for and still got 20% (no trade, base MF and no MSD's) in 12/19...only option I didn't get that I wanted was a anthracite alcantara headliner, but at least the one that came with the car is anthracite.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 1
Belugs318.00
      09-19-2020, 07:14 AM   #33
Belugs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i, 2012 528i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Have a great day Mr. 26%

Quote:
Quote:

Have a great day Mr. 26%

Not cool man!

We are community that love to share our BMW experiences and help people that share similar goal. In many cases we share experiences and offer help beyond just cars.

There r many people making friends on here that they eventually meet in person because of the love we share for cars. If you only want to peruse while using the toilet then u don't have to comment on the forum. Try to keep away the negative energy.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 07:20 AM   #34
Belugs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i, 2012 528i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
I'm a sucker for having 100% of my build preference. And so I don't mind paying the premium for it. This is just who I am. There were 2 builds at my dealership that had 2021 M8GC about 80% close to my spec. In fact one of them had the frozen dark silver color I wanted but I knew I would have buyers remorse or not enjoy it to the fullest if I didn't get 100% so yea I custom built to my exact spec. And I won't lose sleep over it. Don't care if someone else gets their M8 for free!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 08:19 PM   #35
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wristdoc View Post
100%

Some of my biggest "buyer's remorse" cases were situations where I compromised and settled for something that was less than my ideal.

Far more times, I have enjoyed my recent purchase (car/house/boat/plane) and said to myself "I am sure I could have worked that deal and paid less, or walked away, and found a better price but f*ck it, this is worth it and I love it!"

Then don't look back...

Totally agree as although I'm an infrequent car buyer (generally buy and hold for at least 6 years). The M850i was a culmination of a 4 year journey of researching, test driving , etc. and ultimately the down select to the M850i so there was no way I was willing to compromise whatsoever. In fact in late 2018 I initially had it down to a 2019 M5 but when I mentioned to my CA that the other contender was a Lexus LC 500 he suggested that I hold off and explained the upcoming 8-series. So I started tracking it from all the information I could get via the Internet at the time and the rest is history.

On the flip side my true vice is watch collecting and they are cash only deals with the vast majority falling into a 3-series to 5-series purchase along with a few in the 8-series land. I make my decision and to your point move on. Sure I may have been able to get a better deal beyond my target 30% off MSRP but on some of them which are highly collectible (and gain value) its 10% max if not MSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belugs View Post
I'm a sucker for having 100% of my build preference. And so I don't mind paying the premium for it. This is just who I am. There were 2 builds at my dealership that had 2021 M8GC about 80% close to my spec. In fact one of them had the frozen dark silver color I wanted but I knew I would have buyers remorse or not enjoy it to the fullest if I didn't get 100% so yea I custom built to my exact spec. And I won't lose sleep over it. Don't care if someone else gets their M8 for free!
Congrats and you'll love it to the point there will be no lost sleep whatsoever! I laughed at the last sentence as apparently Shmee150 got a freebie but it likely is at the end of the day a 1-year loaner from BMW.
Appreciate 1
Belugs318.00
      09-21-2020, 03:01 PM   #36
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Convertible

Gents let's stay away from bashing people up . Everyone has their own ideas and everyone here drives dope cars.

I'm still trying to find a launch car to lease ? Any gray or black convertible or white on red comp coupe ? Anyone dealer broker please pm me I'm ready to sign at 25% discount off msrp base mf .

Jesus help me !!!
      09-25-2020, 03:48 PM   #37
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Convertible

Almost there bagging a deal on dravit gray convertible. Fingers crossed 🤞.
LSM1118.00
Amgeater2708.00