M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Coding - Just verified successful coding of Anti-Dazzle in M850 GC

09-28-2020, 02:59 AM   #23
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
Yeah it helps thx, so that's the esys that I need to purchase on esysx.com am I right? Also did you manage to code the European sign for speed limits, which is a red and white circle?
EsysX is the program which is required in order to decode the CAFDs and the "hidden" data in Esys. From the EsyX Website you have several choices so I suggest read them carefully and get informed before purchasing anything. Esys itself can be downloaded from other sources but it is not affiliated with EsysX (two different softwares). However as Limey suggested, using Esys without experience is a very risky business and definitely. You can also code easily via APP for example using Bimmercode and others. You can read a lot about coding in several threads/posts here at Bimmerpost.
Appreciate 1
BeeMdblU447.00
      09-28-2020, 07:48 AM   #24
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saunders17283 View Post
Quote:
Hey Saunders, are you using esys to code? if it's the case what version launcher are you using, thank you.
I'm using eSysX to launch.

eSysX - 9-02210
eSys - 3.34.0
PSdZData - 4.25.33

Does that help?
Yeah it helps thx, so that's the esys that I need to purchase on esysx.com am I right? Also did you manage to code the European sign for speed limits, which is a red and white circle?
If you need to ask that question: do NOT use Esys on your own; you'll brick your car in a few heartbeats.
Hey limey thanks for the advice however I've been using esys for the past 8 years I know exactly how to use it, it's just that the available version now is not compatible with my G16 only the esysx version. The thing is I don't mind purchasing that version if I can code the euro speed limit sign vs our boring North American white square, everything else I need I did with BimmerCode including changing the ambient light colors.
Appreciate 2
      09-28-2020, 08:45 AM   #25
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Saunders, are you using esys to code? if it's the case what version launcher are you using, thank you.

eSysX - 9-02210
eSys - 3.34.0
PSdZData - 4.25.33

Does that help?
If you need to ask that question: do NOT use Esys on your own; you'll brick your car in a few heartbeats.
Hey limey thanks for the advice however I've been using esys for the past 8 years I know exactly how to use it, it's just that the available version now is not compatible with my G16 only the esysx version. The thing is I don't mind purchasing that version if I can code the euro speed limit sign vs our boring North American white square, everything else I need I did with BimmerCode including changing the ambient light colors.
It should be doable on your G16 as I've done it on my 2019 G15 M850i using EsysX as the launcher.
I'm away at the moment but when I get back I'll let you know what I coded to change it in DKOMBI.
      09-28-2020, 09:26 AM   #26
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

eSysX - 9-02210
eSys - 3.34.0
PSdZData - 4.25.33

Does that help?
Got it.
Appreciate 1
BeeMdblU447.00
      09-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #27
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMofoFrog View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

eSysX - 9-02210
eSys - 3.34.0
PSdZData - 4.25.33

Does that help?
It should be doable on your G16 as I've done it on my 2019 G15 M850i using EsysX as the launcher.
I'm away at the moment but when I get back I'll let you know what I coded to change it in DKOMBI.
Great thank you bigmofo, I appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 10:20 AM   #28
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

eSysX - 9-02210
eSys - 3.34.0
PSdZData - 4.25.33

Does that help?
Great thank you bigmofo, I appreciate it.
My apologies, I just had a quick look. Not DKOMBI as I mentioned, but instead KAFAS > COUNTRY_CODING_DISPLAY and choose ECE.

Not sure if KAFAS ecu is available in expert mode in Bimmercode or not, but it might save you some cash to look there first.
BeeMdblU447.00
      09-28-2020, 09:32 PM   #29
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My apologies, I just had a quick look. Not DKOMBI as I mentioned, but instead KAFAS > COUNTRY_CODING_DISPLAY and choose ECE.

Not sure if KAFAS ecu is available in expert mode in Bimmercode or not, but it might save you some cash to look there first.
For some reason expert mode not available for kafas in bimmercode, gonna have to go the costly route, thank you for checking.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 01:31 PM   #30
Saunders17283
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Can you do us all a favor and start a comprehensive coding thread covering everything you've done to date? So far it is spread out across various threads which will make it harder to find for the rest of the crowd plus new comers to the forum. In fact it may be beneficial to include a basic overview of eSysX, .e.g, obtaining the software, installation, connection to the car, etc. Apologies in advance for the ask but if you're up for it it would be greatly appreciated by all.
bloozemanAZ, Resjudicata, FBMWWINS ... all of you expressed interest in me creating a more centralized M850 coding source & I have been working on it since then. I hoped to be able to contribute back to this forum in any way I could (as it has helped me so much). I have just created the thread and nervously await user input on that thread. Haha!
https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums///....php?t=1762210

Previous Rides
2019 X7 / 2018 X5 / 2012 X5 / 2014 750xi / 2011 750Lxi / 2008 335xi
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2022, 09:10 PM   #31
darkdoubt
Rep
Drives: 2021 M850

Anti-Dazzle

Could we please have the codes for the anti-dazzle, I'm looking to code my m850.
Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 05:55 AM   #32
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdoubt View Post
Could we please have the codes for the anti-dazzle, I'm looking to code my m850.
Thanks!!!
It's changed with the new ECU, I think? But I don't know.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 11:30 PM   #33
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
It's such a cool feature; agreed!

I've had it on my M8 for a while and the 3,160 mile journey from WA to FL benefitted greatly from it if I pushed my daily mileage target into dusk and dark.

However, the ONE thing I want fixed through coding remains elusive: the auto-dimming of the digital gauge cluster. If anyone's fixed this, please PM me with the details before I lose it and peel my fucking tints off by hand.

... and now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
If you have not seen: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=53
Appreciate 1
limeypride4423.50
      02-10-2022, 12:30 AM   #34
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

What is your experience with anti-dazzle, though? I've heard of others who have coded it who said they get flashed a lot by oncoming cars. I don't really want that issue.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 12:51 PM   #35
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
What is your experience with anti-dazzle, though? I've heard of others who have coded it who said they get flashed a lot by oncoming cars. I don't really want that issue.
It must be coded correctly. Cannot just make a few changes.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 02:53 AM   #36
JDS
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 MBB F97 X3MC

I am not sure I have ever heard of anyone who has been 100% happy with the coded version. I believe people have been able to get close, but not exactly how it operates with OEM settings.

I recently moved back to the UK from Arizona, where I had anti-dazzle coded in on my F80 out there. It worked "OK" but was a little sensitive and unpredicatble about how it would respond to certain situations.

My UK 840i works flawlessly and I can tell a significant difference. I never get flashed by other road users and it is very relaible and predictable.

I heard recently that the US DOT has now approved the system, so maybe dealerships will be able to activate it on older models at some point in the future...???
Gone: 2015 F80 M3 - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 12:15 PM   #37
MELLOWYELLOW06
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 & 2022 X& M50i

Forgive me for asking, but what is this Anti-Dazzle everyone speaks of?
      02-17-2022, 01:08 PM   #38
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 View Post
Forgive me for asking, but what is this Anti-Dazzle everyone speaks of?
Your high beams can detect oncoming cars and cars in front of you and black out only the part of the high beam lighting that would dazzle the driver—it kinda creates a cone of darkness around the vehicles whilst leaving the rest of the high beam intact.
Appreciate 2
      03-02-2022, 04:43 AM   #39
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
I heard recently that the US DOT has now approved the system, so maybe dealerships will be able to activate it on older models at some point in the future...???
The headlights still have to be certified, so it is unclear, if or when dealerships will activate on current models.
Appreciate 0