M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion iDrive Config Question

04-03-2022, 10:37 PM   #1
Jailor
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i, 2019 Audi Q7

iDrive Config Question

Just picked up a 2022 M850 and am hoping there is a way to configure the iDrive controller so that one ‘click’ rotation on the dial equals one movement on the screen. Currently, when navigation through menus, it takes 2 click/rotations to move anything on the screen. Even then it is a bit inconsistent. In every other BMW I have owned, one click/rotation equals one movement on the screen. Anyone familiar with this issue? Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 06:25 PM   #2
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailor View Post
Just picked up a 2022 M850 and am hoping there is a way to configure the iDrive controller so that one ‘click’ rotation on the dial equals one movement on the screen. Currently, when navigation through menus, it takes 2 click/rotations to move anything on the screen. Even then it is a bit inconsistent. In every other BMW I have owned, one click/rotation equals one movement on the screen. Anyone familiar with this issue? Thank you in advance!
Can't say I'm familiar whatsoever as the iDrive 6 in my wife's X5 and iDrive 7 in my 2020 M850i both operate the same. Out of curiosity by "one click" are you referring to spinning the iDrive dial in essence 1 click at a time through menus or actually the "click" to select, i.e., pushing it down? I ask as one click rotation on my M850i tracks to the menu from my experience but will test just to make sure as honestly I've never even thought about that.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 07:54 PM   #3
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Update as just tested and as memory served each click of the iDrive wheel up/down is a single movement up/down in the iDrive menu. Sounds like you may have a faulty iDrive controller wheel if it takes 2 clicks to move one menu item.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 10:52 PM   #4
Jailor
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i, 2019 Audi Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Update as just tested and as memory served each click of the iDrive wheel up/down is a single movement up/down in the iDrive menu. Sounds like you may have a faulty iDrive controller wheel if it takes 2 clicks to move one menu item.
I am beginning to wonder the same…and yes, one spin of a dial ‘click’ has always moved one menu item in previous BMWs but this one is inconsistent. Thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0