M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos VP Speed Sauce Plus

06-01-2022, 01:37 PM   #1
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
VP Speed Sauce Plus

https://vpracingfuels.com/product/sp...ection/?c=261&

Is this new? Kinda interesting... I thought ethanol and water were a big no no and that is why you can't store ethanol long term in fuel storage?

For those of us leveraging WMI mostly for cooling w/ some knock protection - seems this is an expensive alternative
      06-01-2022, 01:53 PM   #2
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
https://vpracingfuels.com/product/sp...ection/?c=261&

Is this new? Kinda interesting... I thought ethanol and water were a big no no and that is why you can't store ethanol long term in fuel storage?

For those of us leveraging WMI mostly for cooling w/ some knock protection - seems this is an expensive alternative
Ethanol is just the drinkable kind of alcohol, so it blends nicely with water. This appears to be marketed for mater misting systems that deploy the fluid in a fine mist into the intake directly, not put in the gasoline.

straight Ethanol can be mixed into gasoline as well, but that's a different process and result. It does not store well when blended like this.
Appreciate 0