M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Tires and brakes destroyed at 13k miles...

10-23-2020, 11:48 PM   #1
dinanm4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Tires and brakes destroyed at 13k miles...

Hello everyone,
As the title reads, my rear brakes are at 4mm and front at 6mm. Front tires are showing cords on the inner walls (toward underbody side). I'm just shocked that this all came about so quickly.

Have had an m4 and drove it like it was stolen but never such rapid wear. Could there be a defect? I don't drive my m850i too hard.

If it helps I have front rear spacers.

Anyone have links to pads?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 10:53 AM   #2
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

car is really heavy and all that mass works the components. 13k on tires with some aggressive driving seems about right. it’s all i usually get. maybe less

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinanm4 View Post
Hello everyone,
As the title reads, my rear brakes are at 4mm and front at 6mm. Front tires are showing cords on the inner walls (toward underbody side). I'm just shocked that this all came about so quickly.

Have had an m4 and drove it like it was stolen but never such rapid wear. Could there be a defect? I don't drive my m850i too hard.

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

I am a long way from changing tires on my M850i, but from past driving experiences with other models (F32 still driving, F06, E92, E36, E39,) I usually replaced tires after 30.000-35.000 km which makes sense to me and seems reasonable without driving extreme (no track, and no regular "hard" driving in my case). Though driving styles vary a lot and are perceived differently so a 1-1 comparison is always difficult in my imho. I would say if you drove the hell out of that M4, your miles (just over 20.000 km) aren't something to be too worried about. Of course other fellow M4 drivers can tell you more in this respect and present you with a much better comparison.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 02:11 PM   #4
Al Pinã
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinanm4 View Post
Hello everyone,

Rock Auto has saved me $1000's over the years.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...brake+pad,1684