M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Difference between ZDA and ZDX

11-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #1
mhbrownie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI, BMW 2016 750i

Difference between ZDA and ZDX

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So I have ordered a M8 Comp with ZDX (Driving assistance package 2).

I didn't realize (since no mention is made on bmw's site) that there is a Drivers Assistance Package for 600$ more. The info on the website is very vague about things like 360 degree camera view, and parking assistance aids.

I will not take delivery of a car that does not have 360 degree/surround cameras, I don't care for self parking functionality. I have that on my 2016 750 and have never used it. I also don't use "remote parking". My concern is really around the camera views which I do use regularly.

So... I am willing to keep my order if ZDX does have the 360 surround cameras/parking sensors etc. but not if it does not.

Frankly I am pissed at BMW for not making this option available as it seems there is only a 600$ difference between ZDA and ZDX. I am also disappointed in BMW David for not calling this out when he saw my order... but hopefully this is a non issue for me.

Can someone comment that has taken delivery of a 2020 m8 comp with ZDX exactly the features/camera/parking aids it has and does not have?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 02:44 PM   #2
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbrownie View Post
So I have ordered a M8 Comp with ZDX (Driving assistance package 2).

I didn't realize (since no mention is made on bmw's site) that there is a Drivers Assistance Package for 600$ more. The info on the website is very vague about things like 360 degree camera view, and parking assistance aids.

I will not take delivery of a car that does not have 360 degree/surround cameras, I don't care for self parking functionality. I have that on my 2016 750 and have never used it. I also don't use "remote parking". My concern is really around the camera views which I do use regularly.

So... I am willing to keep my order if ZDX does have the 360 surround cameras/parking sensors etc. but not if it does not.

Frankly I am pissed at BMW for not making this option available as it seems there is only a 600$ difference between ZDA and ZDX. I am also disappointed in BMW David for not calling this out when he saw my order... but hopefully this is a non issue for me.

Can someone comment that has taken delivery of a 2020 m8 comp with ZDX exactly the features/camera/parking aids it has and does not have?
ZDX vs ZDA is the same across all of the 8 Series so I can guarantee you with ZDX you do not get 3D View which I too use all the time in my wife's X5. I discovered this with my 1st 2020 M850i order that had ZDX. The Individual lock date had passed so I could not change the build but my dealer helped me get another expedited allocation given the broken bmwusa.com Build Your Own configurator.

This was back in August and the website still has not been updated to include the ZDA package. Irony is in regards to your M8C this is exactly what I stated in an email to my dealer as I battled for the new allocation:

"FYI that I just verified the same ZDX only option on the M8 version as well.  There is a serious problem here with the BMW USA website configurator as I'm sure anyone who builds and orders (or just matches inventory) would be upset if they knew they are getting shortchanged on the capability of a $140K plus car to the tune of $600 (difference of ZDA vs ZDX)."

My original order is now sitting at my dealer looking for a new home and the new build is on a ship with an ETA in Long Beach on the 28th. The obvious recommdation is to start working with your dealer now to get a new allocation.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 09:06 PM   #3
Brain_attack
Riding the stars
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Only ZDA has the 3D surround camera
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 09:07 PM   #4
mhbrownie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI, BMW 2016 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain_attack View Post
Thanks for the confirmation guys... David has placed another individual order with zda and hopefully I can get it timed with my originally planned ED.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 11:15 PM   #5
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation guys... David has placed another individual order with zda and hopefully I can get it timed with my originally planned ED.
Quote:
Quote:
Congrats and thumbs up on the ED as if I did it all over (for the third time ) I'd do ED for my M850i.
Appreciate 0