M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion What car did you come from

12-03-2019, 11:25 PM   #1
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

What car did you come from

Looking into getting a m850 but have concerns with the car not being a true M. Don’t really want to spend the money on a m8 as it I have my X5m still and will use that more often

My dilemma is I have e been driving M or AMG cars since longer I can remember

Currently driving a M4 ( will be returned for the M850i) and F85 X5m
Before w212 e63
Cadillac CTS V
W211 e63

I enjoy the extra features these M or AMG provide. That little
Extra makes the cars what they are.

I have heard great things about the 850 and closer to a M than any other quasi labeled M car. Heading to the dealer to check out a car that has a serious discount. Hoping I like it

Like to know from those that might of come from an AMG or M how they compare the 850. All my previous cars are fully tuned and will do the same for the 850
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2019, 09:39 PM   #2
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

m850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Looking into getting a m850 but have concerns with the car not being a true M. Don’t really want to spend the money on a m8 as it I have my X5m still and will use that more often

My dilemma is I have e been driving M or AMG cars since longer I can remember

Currently driving a M4 ( will be returned for the M850i) and F85 X5m
Before w212 e63
Cadillac CTS V
W211 e63

I enjoy the extra features these M or AMG provide. That little
Extra makes the cars what they are.

I have heard great things about the 850 and closer to a M than any other quasi labeled M car. Heading to the dealer to check out a car that has a serious discount. Hoping I like it

Like to know from those that might of come from an AMG or M how they compare the 850. All my previous cars are fully tuned and will do the same for the 850
I have the m850i, but I should have waited 6 months for the m8. they are similar but the m8 is better. Although I haven't owned anything else. I test drove everything under the sun, except the m8 which wasn't released when I bought my 2019 m850i convertible. I've since test driven a m8, and it's a real race car. the m850i is a luxury ride.
Appreciate 0