M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion My contribution.. Tanzanite Blue Metallic II

07-16-2019, 04:46 PM   #23
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethoven3 View Post
JSCO, thank you for the recommendations. Both you and Ozzie seem very enthused by the B+W system, so I now definitely plan to spec the car with it added. Yes, it does look great at night too. I had a beige colored interior in my first 650 and black interior in the second 650. Both are nice, but the ivory white looks even better. The driver assist package is not something I need, but might be nice to have for highway driving. The alcantara and carbon bits are also a must. Thanks for posting the new photos. The car looks awesome.
Sorry what I meant to say in my last post is the factory fitted tinted windows are amazing are far superior to the after market tinting that is applied by the dealer. Invariably you get a small number of micro bubbles or adhesive "blurr" with the after market. Factory fitted is baked glass with a dark tint. Love them.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 03:58 AM   #24
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Looks great!
      07-18-2019, 10:31 AM   #25
Tejael
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Garage List
2022 BMW M850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
Sorry what I meant to say in my last post is the factory fitted tinted windows are amazing are far superior to the after market tinting that is applied by the dealer. Invariably you get a small number of micro bubbles or adhesive "blurr" with the after market. Factory fitted is baked glass with a dark tint. Love them.
Ozzie where is this on the order sheet? Can you get factory tinted windows on any model? And if so how do you go about doing it ? Thx in advance
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #26
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejael View Post
Quote:
Ozzie where is this on the order sheet? Can you get factory tinted windows on any model? And if so how do you go about doing it ? Thx in advance
I think it depends on your region. I don't think this is possible on NA cars. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #27
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejael View Post
Tejael for the 8 series in Australia:

Option 420 Sun Protection Glazing
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #28
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I have bought this option on my last 3 BMW's so 5/6/8 series. It is available as an option in Australia across most of the BMW range. The factory tinted windows are installed on the rear and the rear side windows. For the front driver/passenger windows the factory glass tint is too dark to be legally installed in Australia (hopefully available in other countries). So it is then necessary to do the after market on the front windows. The after market has been allowed to go a little darker legally and so the match is now a lot better than it used to be. The factory quality is exceptional as it is baked into the glass as a process. As opposed to film being applied to the inside of the windows as part of an after market process, while very good these days is just not perfect.

For the 850 Coupe it would take a miracle worker to install after market film tinting on the inside of the large rear sloping window. The two smaller rear side windows would be no issue.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #29
bloozeman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

It has been a bit of a journey but my 2020 850i coupe order is now locked in as of today (Individual freeze date) for a build the week of 10/21. Thanks to this thread and a couple others along with seeing a 2019 M850i in Tanzanite Blue I'm going with it for the exterior along with B&W audio, carbon fiber roof and all the Driver Assistance packages. Interior is Fiona Red/Black which I know is controversial aka "superman" colors but the car is for my next 10 years of driving pleasure vs anyone else.

Side note being for anyone using the BMW USA website "build your own" configurator beware that the Driving Assistance Package 2 (ZDX) is a watered down version of the full Driving Assistance Package (ZDA). My original build slot in September was lost due to this faux pas but BMW is making it right with a new accelerated build slot (they are focusing on 840i's and M8's for new builds). Upside is I now will be getting the Tanzanite Blue vs the original Davit Grey (beautiful but not as unique).
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2019, 12:30 AM   #30
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozeman View Post
It has been a bit of a journey but my 2020 850i coupe order is now locked in as of today (Individual freeze date) for a build the week of 10/21. Thanks to this thread and a couple others along with seeing a 2019 M850i in Tanzanite Blue I'm going with it for the exterior along with B&W audio, carbon fiber roof and all the Driver Assistance packages. Interior is Fiona Red/Black which I know is controversial aka "superman" colors but the car is for my next 10 years of driving pleasure vs anyone else.

Side note being for anyone using the BMW USA website "build your own" configurator beware that the Driving Assistance Package 2 (ZDX) is a watered down version of the full Driving Assistance Package (ZDA). My original build slot in September was lost due to this faux pas but BMW is making it right with a new accelerated build slot (they are focusing on 840i's and M8's for new builds). Upside is I now will be getting the Tanzanite Blue vs the original Davit Grey (beautiful but not as unique).
I loved seeing San Marino paint with Sakhir interior on M6s. I'm looking forward to seeing it on an 8
      12-02-2019, 06:57 PM   #31
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Tejael for the 8 series in Australia:

Option 420 Sun Protection Glazing
Definitely not an option here in NA as I scoured the ordering guide looking for it prior to placing my order for a 2020 M850i. Total bummer as here in AZ just like sunny Australia one would expect it to be an option. I'm guessing not for F&I aftermarket tinting sales.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 06:58 PM   #32
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
I loved seeing San Marino paint with Sakhir interior on M6s. I'm looking forward to seeing it on an 8
It's made its way to Long Beach and now going through customs, VPC and ultimately on an auto transport to my dealer. Counting the days until I can pick it up!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 07:06 PM   #33
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
... 2) You mention the Diamond sound system is amazing. I have the Harmon Karden 7 in my current 650 and always thought it was an adequate system. Is the Bowers & Wilkens system definitely worth the upgrade?, Thanks.
Missed this one so apologies for tardy reply. Yes, the B&W upgrade is definitely worth it and I demo'd both stock H&K vs B&W using some reference material in FLAC format loaded on a thumb drive before placing my order. Worth noting that one of my vices is high-end audio being a musician (used to play professionally) and my home audio is an easy 3-series in value for comparison. No questions asked, the B&W is worth the uplift. Throw in the aesthetics and that just seals the deal. If you are not an audio buff and have $ to burn the aesthetics may be worth it regardless.
Appreciate 2
      12-02-2019, 10:26 PM   #34
Beethoven3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i, 2009 650, 2006 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Missed this one so apologies for tardy reply. Yes, the B&W upgrade is definitely worth it and I demo'd both stock H&K vs B&W using some reference material in FLAC format loaded on a thumb drive before placing my order. Worth noting that one of my vices is high-end audio being a musician (used to play professionally) and my home audio is an easy 3-series in value for comparison. No questions asked, the B&W is worth the uplift. Throw in the aesthetics and that just seals the deal. If you are not an audio buff and have $ to burn the aesthetics may be worth it regardless.
Thanks Bloozeman for the advice on the B&W upgrade. Looking forward to seeing pics of your new car.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 03:26 AM   #35
mgod
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 csl 992 turbo S

Garage List
Love your Car very nice combo, just got mines 2 days ago
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 12:02 PM   #36
Beethoven3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Greetings from Santa Monica, CA. My new M850i Coupe was delivered two weeks ago. A huge upgrade from my 2009 650. I knew after seeing JSCO's great photos to begin the thread that Tanzanite Blue metallic with the ivory interior would be my spec, but I could not get a build slot until January. It was worth the wait! The car is incredible, including the marvelous V-8 engine, transmission, and the pops, crackles and burbles from the exhaust. The car is optioned with the carbon fiber roof, carbon fiber trim, Bowers & Wilkins sound, full leather trim, glass controls, alcantara, ZDA & ZDY driver assist, and Cooling & High Performance Tire Package. The B&W was definitely worth the cost as I have never heard a better car sound system. Thanks to JSCO and Bloozeman for their advice on the Tanzanite Blue and the various options.

The car is normally in comfort mode for my drive from home to office. The seats are incredibly comfortable and you don't hear anything outside the car except some minor road noise. I love putting it in sport mode on the weekends. The M850 definitely gets a lot of attention from pedestrians and other drivers. Have yet to use the driver assist functions nor sport plus, but plan to use them soon.

The only complaint I have thus far is the need to be very careful when parking the car or going over dips, as the front end is very low to the ground, and I have already done some minor damage to the front spoiler which nobody will notice except me.

A fantastic car. Well done BMW.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 12:38 PM   #37
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Greetings from Santa Monica, CA. My new M850i Coupe was delivered two weeks ago. A huge upgrade from my 2009 650. I knew after seeing JSCO's great photos to begin the thread that Tanzanite Blue metallic with the ivory interior would be my spec, but I could not get a build slot until January. It was worth the wait! The car is incredible, including the marvelous V-8 engine, transmission, and the pops, crackles and burbles from the exhaust. The car is optioned with the carbon fiber roof, carbon fiber trim, Bowers & Wilkins sound, full leather trim, glass controls, alcantara, ZDA & ZDY driver assist, and Cooling & High Performance Tire Package. The B&W was definitely worth the cost as I have never heard a better car sound system. Thanks to JSCO and Bloozeman for their advice on the Tanzanite Blue and the various options.

The car is normally in comfort mode for my drive from home to office. The seats are incredibly comfortable and you don't hear anything outside the car except some minor road noise. I love putting it in sport mode on the weekends. The M850 definitely gets a lot of attention from pedestrians and other drivers. Have yet to use the driver assist functions nor sport plus, but plan to use them soon.

The only complaint I have thus far is the need to be very careful when parking the car or going over dips, as the front end is very low to the ground, and I have already done some minor damage to the front spoiler which nobody will notice except me.

well done. mine is the same except sonic speed blue. I wish I'd gotten the tanzanite blue.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 01:58 PM   #38
jvfc2332
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 15' F83 YMB, 15' Z4_35i, 19%E2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:

well done. mine is the same except sonic speed blue. I wish I'd gotten the tanzanite blue.
Love that color!!! Love how it looks in sunlight. Almost like a wrap. I am driving an X5 now as a loaner with that color
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 06:52 PM   #39
Beethoven3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Sonic Speed blue looks great as well, especially on convertible.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 06:56 PM   #40
Beethoven3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvfc2332 View Post
Love that color!!! Love how it looks in sunlight. Almost like a wrap. I am driving an X5 now as a loaner with that color
Yea, the tanzanite really sparkles in the sun!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 05:57 PM   #41
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG GT

Quote:
Yea, the tanzanite really sparkles in the sun!
Ahhh yeah.......good to hear you went with this spec and got the B&W..protect that beautiful color..it really comes to life after a good polish...enjoy
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 06:32 PM   #42
Beethoven3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCO View Post
Ahhh yeah.......good to hear you went with this spec and got the B&W..protect that beautiful color..it really comes to life after a good polish...enjoy
Thanks JSCO. Have you taken your car to the BMW test track in South Carolina? I was thinking of taking mine to the test track in Thermal, CA once it re-opens.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 12:42 AM   #43
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Congrats on a gorgeous M850i and welcome to the Tanzanite Blue club! It is definitely a head turning color even on top of the fact that an 8-series is a rare sight to see out in the wild. One tip on your commute is to set up Sport Individual as with that you can select the chassis/suspension on Comfort and the engine and transmission at Sport or Sport Plus. Back when I actually commuted to work (seems like a lifetime ago) my Sport Individual settings of chassis/suspension on Comfort and engine/transmission at Sport was fantastic.

Now that I'm no longer commuting with every drive I'm in Sport Plus which has taken some time to get used to as the transmission holds onto a gear very differently than Sport. However, as to my commitment to limeypride regardless of the MPG outcome it is rather smiles per gallon and Sport Plus delivers that no questions asked.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50
      05-17-2020, 10:51 AM   #44
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG GT

Quote:
Thanks JSCO. Have you taken your car to the BMW test track in South Carolina? I was thinking of taking mine to the test track in Thermal, CA once it re-opens.
I have not...I traded the car in for an R8...got a pretty sweet deal...thinking about getting an M8 next...prices are dropping hard...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0