M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Dravit Gray M8s

02-24-2020, 08:42 PM   #1
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Hi guys,

I'm trying to decide between Dravit and Donington on an M8 Comp GC. My current 2020 M5 Comp is Donington so I'm conflicted: to some extent because I love what I have, and somewhat because it's cool|different.

Could you guys that have a Dravit car (M850, M8/GC) post some pics and opinions of it different lighting conditions ,etc.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 09:25 PM   #2
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

I have one and absolutely love it. I had second thoughts about it after getting the car but it’s such an unique color depending on lighting.

In low light it looks very Grigio Telesto which is an amazing color. In light the gold metallic comes out turning the car a light bronze/ dark green tone. Pretty hard to describe. The whole car doesn’t change color as all of it doesn’t get full sunlight giving it a chameleon effect

Search YouTube for m8 Dravit gray and a review should come up from Scott Smith Bmw. It’s not a clear day in the video but you get some glimpses of the color changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Hi guys,

I'm trying to decide between Dravit and Donington on an M8 Comp GC. My current 2020 M5 Comp is Donington so I'm conflicted: to some extent because I love what I have, and somewhat because it's cool|different.

Could you guys that have a Dravit car (M850, M8/GC) post some pics and opinions of it different lighting conditions ,etc.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
I have one and absolutely love it. I had second thoughts about it after getting the car but it’s such an unique color depending on lighting.

In low light it looks very Grigio Telesto which is an amazing color. In light the gold metallic comes out turning the car a light bronze/ dark green tone. Pretty hard to describe. The whole car doesn’t change color as all of it doesn’t get full sunlight giving it a chameleon effect

Search YouTube for m8 Dravit gray and a review should come up from Scott Smith Bmw. It’s not a clear day in the video but you get some glimpses of the color changing
Thanks!

Do you have any personal pics you've taken?

I'll take a look at the Scott David uploads.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 10:54 PM   #4
chador
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 GC Competition 2020

Here are some pics from around town. I had the same issue and spent much time deciding - hence the pictures. I ultimately decided on the Dravit Gray and my M8 GC is on a boat as we speak. The Blue M6 is my current car, and the little dude in the stroller is my son - in his current car
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50
      02-24-2020, 11:38 PM   #5
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chador View Post
Here are some pics from around town. I had the same issue and spent much time deciding - hence the pictures. I ultimately decided on the Dravit Gray and my M8 GC is on a boat as we speak. The Blue M6 is my current car, and the little dude in the stroller is my son - in his current car
Thanks!

That looks yummy... as does the M6. Nice to meet a fellow M6 GC fan--here's my M6 GC from years back.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 11:39 PM   #6
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Tough choice. I did love the Nardo grey in an earlier M8 post with all black trim and CF roof. Just a bit more unusual than the two (nice) greys you are considering.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50
      02-25-2020, 10:12 PM   #7
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Definitely a tough decision but I can state Dravit Grey is an absolute stunning color in the real world (pictures often do not do it justice). My first M850i order included Dravit Grey as exterior and when it hit my dealer I visited several times just to see it along with the Fiona Red/Black full leather interior. Doubt you can go wrong with either but like Ozzie8 pointed out Nardo may be the stronger choice but without the $5K forgiveness currently offered on the GCs I'd put my money on Dravit Grey.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 01:05 PM   #8
likegadgets
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Lease after lease I got black/black. On my current M850i I got Dravit Gray. There was a black and a Dravit Gray to choose from when I leased. The color looks fantastic. Friends and strangers have commented on what a beautiful color this is
Appreciate 0