M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Rear Cargo Net

02-16-2020, 07:42 AM   #1
msm2000uk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Rear Cargo Net

Has anyone found a cargo net for the boot (trunk)?

All the ones I have tried online are the wrong shape, and BMW don't seem to have one under their Accessories page.

M
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #2
likegadgets
Enlisted Member
Rep

This one fits well. I have it on my M850

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 12:44 PM   #3
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

I like the ones that go side-side with an opening at the top.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 09:25 PM   #4
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
I like the ones that go side-side with an opening at the top.
Same here as that is what I had in my Lexus GS430 which was an OEM $60 part. Bought the BMW cargo net for my wife's X5 when I ordered it and the cargo net turned out to be like the Amazon link. Have never used it due to the PIA aspect.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 09:54 PM   #5
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Instead of a cargo net I cover the floor with the rubberized mesh material that you normally put under a floor rug to stop it slipping. What ever I put inside is then gripped to the floor and also it protects the boot inlay.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 10:03 PM   #6
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
Instead of a cargo net I cover the floor with the rubberized mesh material that you normally put under a floor rug to stop it slipping. What ever I put inside is then gripped to the floor and also it protects the boot inlay.
I use something just like that too except it's shelf/drawer liner (in black) for the plastic tub I keep in the trunk and it does a fine job of preventing it from sliding around. Problem is those damn plastic grocery type bags, it doesn't work well for those, and even though we buy 80% of our food stuffs from Whole Foods who uses paper shopping type bags, everyone else uses those damn plastic bags. I end up tying the tops so everything doesn't come out during even semi spirited driving. T

Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 11:31 PM   #7
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
I use something just like that too except it's shelf/drawer liner (in black) for the plastic tub I keep in the trunk and it does a fine job of preventing it from sliding around. Problem is those damn plastic grocery type bags, it doesn't work well for those, and even though we buy 80% of our food stuffs from Whole Foods who uses paper shopping type bags, everyone else uses those damn plastic bags. I end up tying the tops so everything doesn't come out during even semi spirited driving. T
To sum it up basically the argument for the cargo net that runs left to right in the trunk with an opening at the top. For the Lexus I would put the grocery bags with stuff that doesn't move, e.g. loafs of bread etc. on their own in the trunk. For the bags with cans, etc. that will roll around I'd put them in the cargo net. With the Lexus trunk config I'd easily get 6 bags in the cargo net. The M850i is larger so can assume even more if somebody eventually makes an aftermarket solution.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 11:35 PM   #8
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
To sum it up basically the argument for the cargo net that runs left to right in the trunk with an opening at the top. For the Lexus I would put the grocery bags with stuff that doesn't move, e.g. loafs of bread etc. on their own in the trunk. For the bags with cans, etc. that will roll around I'd put them in the cargo net. With the Lexus trunk config I'd easily get 6 bags in the cargo net. The M850i is larger so can assume even more if somebody eventually makes an aftermarket solution.
Yupper
The latches on the 8's are too low and I don't think it would work for a side/side

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 12:17 PM   #9
msm2000uk
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by likegadgets View Post
This one fits well. I have it on my M850

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks! I'll see if I can find something similar in the UK.

M
Appreciate 0