M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos BMW M6 Convertible Limited Edition Individual - Sells out in Record Time

10-19-2006, 07:21 AM   #1
jorgex
Second Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F30 - E92, E90, E46 (Retired)

Garage List
BMW M6 Convertible Limited Edition Individual - Sells out in Record Time

One Minute And Thirty-Two Seconds

Christmas will come early for 50 North American Neiman Marcus customers who managed to place their calls into BMW to order the new 2007 BMW M6 Convertible that was featured in this year's Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, as it went on sale yesterday at 12.00pm.
As the clock struck noon, the phone lines were jammed with buyers who wanted to be sure they were among the first in the U.S. to own the just-introduced Limited Edition M6. The 50 Convertibles sold out in a mere one minute, thirty-two seconds.
Billed as the "must-have" automobile for the person who has everything, the luxury convertible made its U.S. debut at the unveiling of the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book in Dallas on October 3rd. Built especially for Neiman Marcus the U.S. limited-edition models feature custom Ruby Black exterior finish accented with Piano Black trim elements, and power sports seats wrapped in a custom Gold Brown shade of supple BMW Individual Merino leather.
BMW Individual allows customers to build an exclusive, personalised vehicle that matches their most exquisite requirements. This covers materials, finishes, colours and equipment, and stretches as far as their imagination can take them.
Australian BMW customers have long been supportive of the BMW Individual concept, and for 2007 delivery the BMW Individual M6 Convertible - as designed for the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book - can be specified for an Australian buyer, if requested.
The BMW M6 Convertible will be revealed in Australia by Chris Bangle, Chief Designer of the BMW Group, at the Australian International Motor Show at Darling Harbour next week.
Australians keen for a taste of the fastest accelerating convertible BMW have already snapped up the 2006 allocation of six M6 Convertibles, which arrive in December, just in time for Christmas.
The M6 Convertible is powered by the same 507 bhp Formula 1 inspired V10 5.0-litre engine as fitted to the M5 Sedan and M6 Coupé. In May, this engine was awarded the prestigious International Engine of the Year accolade for the second year in a row by a world-wide panel of eminent motoring judges.
The BMW M6 Convertible features further motorsport-bred technology such as the M Variable Differential Lock, and Electronic Damping Control as well as precision handling and steering.
The high revving V10 redlines at 8,250 rpm and is mated to a seven-speed Sequential Manual Transmission with Drivelogic, which can launch the car from 0-100 km/h in just 4.8 exhilarating seconds.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 08:32 AM   #2
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
I know, tell me about it...by the time my call went through I was the 53rd caller. I was this close, I tell you ............

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez E90 M3

Oh man hahaha I love that color though its SO sexy!
      10-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

i wonder how many were bought for resale on ebay? and what they will go for..
Appreciate 0