M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Feeler- 2020 M8C Coupe lease Transfer- 1549 payment

02-11-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Feeler- 2020 M8C Coupe lease Transfer- 1549 payment

Testing the waters and seeing if anybody is interested in assuming my lease. The m8 was a spur of the moment purchase and my wife actually hates the car and a m5 is a better suit for me. I do actually love the car.

If anybody has seen my previous post I got a screaming deal on the car. Prob still one of the lowest out there

Specs
2020 M8 Comp Coupe
Dravit Gray exterior
Silverstone interior
Bowers
Adaptive Pro
M drivers package

Car has every option except carbon fiber and carbon ceramics

158645 sticker

Currently 1800 miles, lease is 36/10k miles

Base lease payment is 1549 not inc tax. Includes Bmw full maintenance package which covers brakes and rotors

Would need potential buyer to pay me back 7 months msd and lease assumption fee

Screaming deal for a nicely spec M8

Pm if interested. Car located in Northern California
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 07:32 PM   #2
DRA
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Comp, 2018 BMW X5

My condolences... Does she hate it just because its a 2-door w/o any real rear seat space?

Anyway, for the price you mentioned it's a steal.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 08:18 PM   #3
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

It’s a multiple of reasons. Wife loves cars also and we always make a decision together. Well she wasn’t there this time and I knew I would get crap for it but the deal was too good to pass up. I asked for forgiveness instead of permission

I was suppose to buy a m5 the same weekend. Had discussed the m5 many times with her and she was on board. But then I drive home with a 2 seater with no back seat. I have a 5 and 7 year at home. They don’t sit in the m8 much as I have a x5m at home also but knowing I can’t take the family out in the car prob doesn’t go well with her

Before the m8 I had a m4. Plenty of room for the kids. Think she was surprised of the complete lack of room in the rear

That’s being said I would love to keep the car and if the right buyer doesn’t come around that’s what I am doing. But just feeling the market and see what my options are.

It will be hard as I still need to work a deal on a m5 with not so aggresive deals being offered. I have a feeling my high optioned m5 will end up with a higher payment than the m8. That would suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Russian_American View Post
My condolences... Does she hate it just because its a 2-door w/o any real rear seat space?

Anyway, for the price you mentioned it's a steal.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 08:37 PM   #4
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
I was suppose to buy a m5 the same weekend. Had discussed the m5 many times with her and she was on board. But then I drive home with a 2 seater with no back seat. I have a 5 and 7 year at home. They don’t sit in the m8 much as I have a x5m at home also but knowing I can’t take the family out in the car prob doesn’t go well with her

It will be hard as I still need to work a deal on a m5 with not so aggresive deals being offered. I have a feeling my high optioned m5 will end up with a higher payment than the m8. That would suck
Totally understand and my wife actually helped convince me to buy the M850i. Reasoning being I made her dream come true with the X5 and that is the people hauler if need be (it's just the two of us at home now so that is a rare occasion). We both went into the deal with eyes open that I'll be 90% solo in the car and hence the lack of rear seats wasn't an issue.

Truth be told I picked up our dry cleaning in the M850i and hit the first "WTF?" aspect of the ownership. The tiny hangers are on the pillar right behind the front seat and literally useless as you cannot hang anything on them. Ended up laying it on the back seat and commenting to the wife that dry cleaning collection is best suited in the X5.

Lastly as I visited my dealer a few days before the M850i landed so she could see the Fiona Red/Black interior of the failed build still on their lot I pointed out a fully loaded M5C. Noted to her that I could easily negotiate a better deal on it and save thousands in the process. Good news for you is the 36/10K residual on a M5C is 58% (vs 55% on the M8C) and $2500 loyalty. So in the end if you do end up passing the torch on the M8C to a lucky individual you should fare well payment wise and have a happy wife in the process.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 09:42 PM   #5
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

Wife has two cars herself. Whatever she wanted so that wasn’t in play.

But funny you mentioned the dry cleaning. Ran into the same issue but thought it was my car seats that was blocking the hangers. Thank goodness the trunk is huge

I am sure I would find many interested buyers at my terms. It’s such a great deal that I want to pass it on to someone that is worthy. Sounds stupid but someone that is looking for m8 will get a great deal without the work. I did put a lot of work in to get the deal I got

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Totally understand and my wife actually helped convince me to buy the M850i. Reasoning being I made her dream come true with the X5 and that is the people hauler if need be (it's just the two of us at home now so that is a rare occasion). We both went into the deal with eyes open that I'll be 90% solo in the car and hence the lack of rear seats wasn't an issue.

Truth be told I picked up our dry cleaning in the M850i and hit the first "WTF?" aspect of the ownership. The tiny hangers are on the pillar right behind the front seat and literally useless as you cannot hang anything on them. Ended up laying it on the back seat and commenting to the wife that dry cleaning collection is best suited in the X5.

Lastly as I visited my dealer a few days before the M850i landed so she could see the Fiona Red/Black interior of the failed build still on their lot I pointed out a fully loaded M5C. Noted to her that I could easily negotiate a better deal on it and save thousands in the process. Good news for you is the 36/10K residual on a M5C is 58% (vs 55% on the M8C) and $2500 loyalty. So in the end if you do end up passing the torch on the M8C to a lucky individual you should fare well payment wise and have a happy wife in the process.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 09:51 PM   #6
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

OMG, that would suck.

But hey, people said, Happy Wife, Happy Life.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 10:13 PM   #7
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

All toys for me. Wouldn’t be a big deal and not like a m5 is a beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
OMG, that would suck.

But hey, people said, Happy Wife, Happy Life.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      02-12-2020, 11:20 AM   #8
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 Jahre G80 M3

Quote:
Testing the waters and seeing if anybody is interested in assuming my lease. The m8 was a spur of the moment purchase and my wife actually hates the car and a m5 is a better suit for me. I do actually love the car.

If anybody has seen my previous post I got a screaming deal on the car. Prob still one of the lowest out there

Specs
2020 M8 Comp Coupe
Dravit Gray exterior
Silverstone interior
Bowers
Adaptive Pro
M drivers package

Car has every option except carbon fiber and carbon ceramics

158645 sticker

Currently 1800 miles, lease is 36/10k miles

Base lease payment is 1549 not inc tax. Includes Bmw full maintenance package which covers brakes and rotors

Would need potential buyer to pay me back 7 months msd and lease assumption fee

Screaming deal for a nicely spec M8

Pm if interested. Car located in Northern California
Want to swap with my M5?
      02-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #9
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

Maybe, looking for a 2020 high optioned.

I got a pretty good relationship with my dealer. If you got a aggresive lease maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurohorses View Post
Want to swap with my M5?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 04:37 PM   #10
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Don't mean to sound critical but if your wife has two cars does it matter that the car isn't as practical?

One should have a fun car in the household and M8 is still quite practical apart from the rear seats. Not like a McLaren or Ferrari

Different story of course if the car causes friction in the family...

That said, I think the M5 is a fine car but a step down from the M8 and somewhat more boring looking. But then I think sedans are just not that exciting.
Appreciate 1
RJC-11281.00
      02-12-2020, 07:27 PM   #11
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
I am sure I would find many interested buyers at my terms. It’s such a great deal that I want to pass it on to someone that is worthy. Sounds stupid but someone that is looking for m8 will get a great deal without the work. I did put a lot of work in to get the deal I got.
Does not sound stupid whatsoever as I'm well aware of the deal you worked based on prior postings. So I totally get the worthy aspect as whomever it may be needs to appreciate what they are getting not only in the M8C but also the deal you fought for.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 08:56 PM   #12
Wristdoc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8C, 2019 X7 50i

Just as a point of reference, if anyone is worried about the logistics of assuming someone's lease on a BMW, don't be. I got out of an i8 lease early and BMW Financial handled everything in terms of approving the buyer, paperwork, etc. It was a very smooth and easy process.

If I recall, the fee was about $500.

This looks like a screaming deal!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 09:28 PM   #13
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

It’s really not the wife is complaining about it being practical. Is just inconvenient for me on a random days I have to pick ups kids and wasn’t planning on it

Not really the same but if I really wanted a fun car I would get a gt3. I have held back since it has no backseats. Of course couldn’t and it would have to be turbo or something

I don’t know. Not putting too much effort in trying to sell it. Everyone is saying swap a lease and it would be gone in a heart beat. Don’t have the time to list it and really don’t care to pay for the listing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Don't mean to sound critical but if your wife has two cars does it matter that the car isn't as practical?

One should have a fun car in the household and M8 is still quite practical apart from the rear seats. Not like a McLaren or Ferrari

Different story of course if the car causes friction in the family...

That said, I think the M5 is a fine car but a step down from the M8 and somewhat more boring looking. But then I think sedans are just not that exciting.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 11:07 PM   #14
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
It’s really not the wife is complaining about it being practical. Is just inconvenient for me on a random days I have to pick ups kids and wasn’t planning on it

Not really the same but if I really wanted a fun car I would get a gt3. I have held back since it has no backseats. Of course couldn’t and it would have to be turbo or something

I don’t know. Not putting too much effort in trying to sell it. Everyone is saying swap a lease and it would be gone in a heart beat. Don’t have the time to list it and really don’t care to pay for the listing
Good luck whichever way you are proceeding!
I was originally thinking to get a newish McLaren 720s but come to realize that we can only drive those cars 6-7 months a year here. Same with our AMG GTC. Having one car sitting in the garage for months on end is enough.

Uncool. So we will end up getting a SUV, a type of car we both my wife and I have zero interest in but it’s practical for errands and for the bikes...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 09:38 PM   #15
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

Every time I get in the car makes me want to keep it. The car is really something special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Good luck whichever way you are proceeding!
I was originally thinking to get a newish McLaren 720s but come to realize that we can only drive those cars 6-7 months a year here. Same with our AMG GTC. Having one car sitting in the garage for months on end is enough.

Uncool. So we will end up getting a SUV, a type of car we both my wife and I have zero interest in but it’s practical for errands and for the bikes...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:01 PM   #16
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
The backseats in a Turbo have a little more room than a M8 coupe but not much. If your wife thinks that the M8 doesn't work, I doubt she will like a 911 Turbo. My wife has ridden in my 911 TT a total of 4 times in 5.5 years. She really dislikes riding in the car although she thinks it is beautiful from the outside. We'll see what she thinks about the M8.
Appreciate 0