M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Bone stock M850i hits the Mustang AWD Dyno - 501 WHP and 549 TQ

02-11-2020, 12:01 AM   #45
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTruong View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
I hope that's not your car with that ricer ass stripe on there. Utter disrespect to the car jesus
Quote:
I hope that's not your car with that ricer ass stripe on there. Utter disrespect to the car jesus
I like it. It separates the matte wrap and works for a sponsored showcar. His car... why does it matter to you?
The worst type of person on the planet is somebody that takes offense to something on behalf of somebody else. You have nothing to add here and I just simply stated my opinion on how shitty that looks. Sponsored or show car or not, it's just as lame as his vanity plate.

Please raise your hand next time you want to talk.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:09 AM   #46
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Absolutely gorgeous car. The colors, mods, overall shape of the m8, everything comes together perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 10:11 AM   #47
jondagger
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondagger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
Quote:
I raced one the other day, I have mods below. I pulled it so not that impressive for 2 1/2 of my car's cost

Stock turbo, Meth custom tuned (no port injection) n55 m235i
What's your quarter mile time? I raced one with pretty much your mods last summer in Mexico, I was pulling and we only went to 130mph. He did a 11.6 in the 1/4
I do 12.2s but that's in Miami 80F weather, super bumper random road, and no prep at all.... I couldn't tell you my Dyno either but I assume 420-430hp wheel...
Have you ever done 60-130mph test of your car? I've got mine down to 9.79 completely stock and was a pretty hot summer night. DA was 1800+ if I recall correctly
For some reason, I'm having trouble getting a good one in....
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 01:18 PM   #48
SVTruong
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 428i GC, '15 640i GC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like it. It separates the matte wrap and works for a sponsored showcar. His car... why does it matter to you?
The worst type of person on the planet is somebody that takes offense to something on behalf of somebody else. You have nothing to add here and I just simply stated my opinion on how shitty that looks. Sponsored or show car or not, it's just as lame as his vanity plate.

Lol ok Dick Bimmer guy. 👌
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 01:09 PM   #49
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Comments like this keep this forum a friendly and informative source for its members. Keep it up.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 05:16 PM   #50
MBlaster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i red 8sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by modthispny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
the car is a rocket no doubt! sounds awesome as well
The takeaway here is the wheel hp and torque. As mentioned above who knows what the drivetrain loss is for the x drive.

Either there is insignificant drivetrain loss for all v8 tt Bmw's meaning Bmw has nailed the stock crank hp and torque figures or they are all underrated by 75+ hp and torque.

Which is it?
One other option:
The truth...
Dyno whp is exaggerated and overrating the hp. Also, different types of dynos produce different results.
All car manufacturers are required by law to give accurate engine specifications. And so they do.

Take all dyno results with a grain of salt. (Or knock off 75hp ish... depending on humidity, air pressure, type of dyno, etc.).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
the car is a rocket no doubt! sounds awesome as well
The takeaway here is the wheel hp and torque. As mentioned above who knows what the drivetrain loss is for the x drive.

Either there is insignificant drivetrain loss for all v8 tt Bmw's meaning Bmw has nailed the stock crank hp and torque figures or they are all underrated by 75+ hp and torque.

Which is it?
One other option:
The truth...
Dyno whp is exaggerated and overrating the hp. Also, different types of dynos produce different results.
All car manufacturers are required by law to give accurate engine specifications. And so they do.

Take all dyno results with a grain of salt. (Or knock off 75hp ish... depending on humidity, air pressure, type of dyno, etc.).
This is true. Have had several built cars and the dyno model is a huge variable. Regarding drive line loss for an all wheel drive vehicle, I've seen as much as a 25% loss on one of my builds, it wasn't a BMW though.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2020, 08:02 PM   #51
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Yup that's why I'm so curious to see a bone stock M8 tested on the same type of dyno, my bet is the M850 is far more underrated % wise than the M8, but we'll see...

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #52
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
I raced one the other day, I have mods below. I pulled it so not that impressive for 2 1/2 of my car's cost

Stock turbo, Meth custom tuned (no port injection) n55 m235i
"Do you like gapples..?!?"
Attached Images

02-16-2020, 12:32 PM   #53
mpop302
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 7

Quote:
It's the same. N63tu3

Correction. Only for the m50i x5. The other v8 tt has a different version of this n63tu3
Is the m550 different from 850/x7 or x5 m50i/new 750i? I thought all those engines were the same
Appreciate 0