M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion 2 Weeks in Germany in a Rental M850i Gran Coupe

06-10-2023, 07:29 AM   #1
Veritable
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 6MT

2 Weeks in Germany in a Rental M850i Gran Coupe

About a month ago, I had the chance to spend 2 weeks in Germany. Since I never had the pleasure of doing European Delivery, I decided to rent a BMW for the duration of the trip and basically do an ED in spirit.

I went with Sixt in Munich Airport, where I was landing, as they are the largest car rental company in Germany and their location in Munich has their largest and most premium selection. As my sister and her husband would be joining me for most of my trip, I originally decided on booking for an F90 M5, but unfortunately a few days before I was due to arrive they informed me that the model would not be available for my usage due to an upcoming service... instead I found my reservation switched to a G16 M850i GC for ~600 Euros more. After a phone conversation, I was additionally offered either a G11 740d or G05 X5 M50i for ~500 Euros less, which I reluctantly agreed on the 7er.

Upon arriving at the Sixt Diamond Lounge in Munich Airport, though, I let slip to my advisor that out of the 3 choices, the 8er Gran Coupe is the one that I most likely have done an ED with... so, after some in-person haggling, I picked up the G16 for ~200 Euros more. Here are its pictures throughout my trip.

Munich Airport:

Around my hotel in Arabellapark:

In front of my sister's hotel, also at Arabellapark:

Covered parking at Munich's Olympic Stadium:

Back at the hotel in Arabellapark:

In front of the hotel in Stuttgart:

Found a Porsche dealer on the way to my hotel in Stuttgart:

At Porsche Museum:

A quick stop at Schwabach near Nuremburg for dinner on our way to Berlin:

Dropping my sister and brother-in-law off at Berlin's Brandenburg Airport:

At Audi Forum Ingolstadt:

Appreciate 8
lofrese1264.00
mjr241649.50
m3_08602.50
M8Bimmer1272.50
SSBMW14369.00
Jim-Bow130.50
Seaford1147.50
      06-11-2023, 01:58 AM   #2
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritable View Post
About a month ago, I had the chance to spend 2 weeks in Germany. Since I never had the pleasure of doing European Delivery, I decided to rent a BMW for the duration of the trip and basically do an ED in spirit.

I went with Sixt in Munich Airport, where I was landing, as they are the largest car rental company in Germany and their location in Munich has their largest and most premium selection. As my sister and her husband would be joining me for most of my trip, I originally decided on booking for an F90 M5, but unfortunately a few days before I was due to arrive they informed me that the model would not be available for my usage due to an upcoming service... instead I found my reservation switched to a G16 M850i GC for ~600 Euros more. After a phone conversation, I was additionally offered either a G11 740d or G05 X5 M50i for ~500 Euros less, which I reluctantly agreed on the 7er.

Upon arriving at the Sixt Diamond Lounge in Munich Airport, though, I let slip to my advisor that out of the 3 choices, the 8er Gran Coupe is the one that I most likely have done an ED with... so, after some in-person haggling, I picked up the G16 for ~200 Euros more. Here are its pictures throughout my trip.

Munich Airport:

Around my hotel in Arabellapark:

In front of my sister's hotel, also at Arabellapark:

Covered parking at Munich's Olympic Stadium:

Back at the hotel in Arabellapark:

In front of the hotel in Stuttgart:

Found a Porsche dealer on the way to my hotel in Stuttgart:

At Porsche Museum:

A quick stop at Schwabach near Nuremburg for dinner on our way to Berlin:

Dropping my sister and brother-in-law off at Berlin's Brandenburg Airport:

At Audi Forum Ingolstadt:

It’s a trap.

When I had a major dealer caused issue with my 328GT they gave me an 8 Series as a loaner…and I ended up buying one!!
Appreciate 3