M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 2.6 sec car is here :) The stealthiest "Beast" ever!! P90D V2 Battery

09-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #23
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Hey Soooma, congrats on your new car.

You should sign up as soon as you can.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/you-ca...ium=socialflow

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 06:38 PM   #24
Maverick997
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Black Saphire Metalic

Interesting car, certainly has performance and way cooler than a Prius.....Logan's Run has finally come to reality......
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #25
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Amazing car no doubt, congratulations. I respect the Tesla on all fronts of performance, tech, innovation, etc.

However, if I ever come across you, ill make sure to downshift or rev it up so you remember the one thing you're missing hahaha

Enjoy it in good health.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 07:49 AM   #26
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by josec70 View Post
Congrats on the new ride!
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 07:51 AM   #27
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackGT View Post
Amazing car no doubt, congratulations. I respect the Tesla on all fronts of performance, tech, innovation, etc.

However, if I ever come across you, ill make sure to downshift or rev it up so you remember the one thing you're missing hahaha

Enjoy it in good health.
I know you may think I am crazy!
I was having cold feet about NOT HAVING EXHAUST NOTE with Tesla!!
Believe it or not I DON'T miss it one bit! Not because i don't like it but rather because you have a lot more to enjoy and play with in a Tesla!! A car dealership friend of mine test drive my car and was giggling for a long time and said he never experienced anything like !!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 07:54 AM   #28
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick997 View Post
Interesting car, certainly has performance and way cooler than a Prius.....Logan's Run has finally come to reality......
P90D or P100D is a different ballgame !!
I am amazed!
Seats are bad though! Can't find a position that I am sitting comfortably and M5 had he best seats ever!! Interior overall is probably better in M5 and design too inside out i will say m5 but everything else is better in Tesla including air suspension and handling and i like steering this gu can be numb in the middle on the highway but at low speeds is good! But not M5 good or AMG good!!

In a nutshell my next car is P100D
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 07:56 AM   #29
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post

Hey Dave
Thank you bro
Kiss Mica for me
I miss M5 yet very happy with Tesla and ok with its shortcomings like no vent seats on P90D no soft close no HUD but hey I am a quasi early adopter and it's anAmerican car so I am feeling more patriotic
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #30
lanab
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 MY12

Wrong forum dude
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #31
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanab View Post
Wrong forum dude
You are wrong sir
This forum is for car enthusiasts not just bimmers and exhaust machine
But heck i'm in the Tesla forum too

Last edited by soooma; 09-28-2016 at 12:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 10:13 AM   #32
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I like the Tesla. I think the second generation version of this car will be really awesome.

I have been trying to convince my wife to get rid of her C300 and get a Model S or Model X.

She likes the Tesla - especially the giant touch screen, but she can't get over the bland exterior styling and cheap interior. My wife loves fine leather, deviated stitching, diamond stitching, etc. It seems the new E-Class AMG is available with interiors that look like they were made by Chanel, and by comparison the Tesla interior looks like it was made by IKEA.

BTW I was one of the first ones here to test the Tesla in 2012. You can read my glowing review of it at the link below. I even put down an order and bought the stock (which i still hold). I ended up flipping the spot in the wait list and made about 10k of that which subsidized my second M5.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=664294

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 09-28-2016 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
mister2d155.50
      09-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #33
M8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

I too traded my M5 for the Model S. Thought I'd miss the exhaust note but really, we all know it was lacking on the M5 anyway and I wasn't going to spend another $10K on something that should have come from the factory originally. Yes I live in Boulder and we are quite green here but..... There is something about driving an electric car that after driving it, it feels like you are stepping back in time going to an ICE vehicle. I too absolutely love the Tesla and sitting down in a car with zero switches, buttons and knobs on the dash is refreshing. The seats were nice in the M5, but the interior should have been a bit cleaner IMO. Miss the M5 sometimes but happy with my decision. Seriously, where else can you get this kind of acceleration, drive in the snow and still seat 7?

BTW, you guys rock on this forum. You're way more fun than the Tesla group!
Cadillac Escalade
Subaru Outback (it's required in Boulder!)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 12:03 PM   #34
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I like the Tesla. I think the second generation version of this car will be really awesome.

I have been trying to convince my wife to get rid of her C300 and get a Model S or Model X.

She likes the Tesla - especially the giant touch screen, but she can't get over the bland exterior styling and cheap interior. My wife loves fine leather, deviated stitching, diamond stitching, etc. It seems the new E-Class AMG is available with interiors that look like they were made by Chanel, and by comparison the Tesla interior looks like it was made by IKEA.

BTW I was one of the first ones here to test the Tesla in 2012. You can read my glowing review of it at the link below. I even put down an order and bought the stock (which i still hold). I ended up flipping the spot in the wait list and made about 10k of that which subsidized my second M5.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=664294

Wow
Interesting
I think a fully loaded P100D will change your mind with alcantara black headliner and Next Gen Seats option! And 2.7 sec big sedan and 11 flat Qmile just so woman!! And calling out songs and singers and places to go and excites perfectly and a car that can drive itself and no gas !!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #35
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M8 View Post
I too traded my M5 for the Model S. Thought I'd miss the exhaust note but really, we all know it was lacking on the M5 anyway and I wasn't going to spend another $10K on something that should have come from the factory originally. Yes I live in Boulder and we are quite green here but..... There is something about driving an electric car that after driving it, it feels like you are stepping back in time going to an ICE vehicle. I too absolutely love the Tesla and sitting down in a car with zero switches, buttons and knobs on the dash is refreshing. The seats were nice in the M5, but the interior should have been a bit cleaner IMO. Miss the M5 sometimes but happy with my decision. Seriously, where else can you get this kind of acceleration, drive in the snow and still seat 7?

BTW, you guys rock on this forum. You're way more fun than the Tesla group!
Yay!!
Forum members here way more fun like the M5 is probably more fun overall than Tesla
But love my Tesla and no looking back for me!
M5 CP was my last ICE engine !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #36
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post

Just checked the horse power which isn't as they say 760 because 2 motors don't add to each other

And it turns out 670
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #37
mister2d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
You are wrong sir
This forum is for car enthusiasts not just bimmers and exhaust machine
But heck i'm in the Tesla forum too
Actually this is the M5 (F10) General Forum. I don't think he is wrong.

Lots of exclamation points in your posts. I remember being that happy with my first new Porsche.

Anyway, Teslas (and electric cars in general) remind me of what people said about the iPad. It's just a big iPod touch with a more battery. I think Tesla took the lazy way out with replacing all car functions with one massive touch screen that you have to pay attention to for the simplest of tasks. It looks very cold and sterile inside the car. Even more so than a BMW when you compare it to an AMG interior.

No thanks. Plus it looks too plain on the exterior. Needs some labia or something.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 01:23 PM   #38
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister2d View Post
Actually this is the M5 (F10) General Forum. I don't think he is wrong.

Lots of exclamation points in your posts. I remember being that happy with my first new Porsche.

Anyway, Teslas (and electric cars in general) remind me of what people said about the iPad. It's just a big iPod touch with a more battery. I think Tesla took the lazy way out with replacing all car functions with one massive touch screen that you have to pay attention to for the simplest of tasks. It looks very cold and sterile inside the car. Even more so than a BMW when you compare it to an AMG interior.

No thanks. Plus it looks too plain on the exterior. Needs some labia or something.
LOL
TEHO bro
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 07:05 PM   #39
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow
Interesting
I think a fully loaded P100D will change your mind with alcantara black headliner and Next Gen Seats option! And 2.7 sec big sedan and 11 flat Qmile just so woman!! And calling out songs and singers and places to go and excites perfectly and a car that can drive itself and no gas !!!!
Don't think so. I checked out this car a couple of weeks ago. Interior is still cheap, betraying the cars American roots. It's like trying to compare a leather sofa from Ethan Allan to one from Roche Bobois. It's not bad, but it isn't anywhere near the top level European craftsmanship.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 07:52 PM   #40
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't think so. I checked out this car a couple of weeks ago. Interior is still cheap, betraying the cars American roots. It's like trying to compare a leather sofa from Ethan Allan to one from Roche Bobois. It's not bad, but it isn't anywhere near the top level European craftsmanship.
I think I might concede bar because i remembering first time getting into a M5 even without full merino from Tesla I still felt it was a better place less bland to be!! But somehow I still overall love the Tesla better and TEHO!!
I actually like it more everyday that passes by!! Autopilot is cool and Dunamic Cruise is amazing and pick up is outlandish!! My car is pushing total of 665 horse power at the battery !!! With AWD and torque from zero!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 08:25 PM   #41
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think I might concede bar because i remembering first time getting into a M5 even without full merino from Tesla I still felt it was a better place less bland to be!! But somehow I still overall love the Tesla better and TEHO!!
I actually like it more everyday that passes by!! Autopilot is cool and Dunamic Cruise is amazing and pick up is outlandish!! My car is pushing total of 665 horse power at the battery !!! With AWD and torque from zero!!!
Agree about those things. From a technology perspective this is the future. I am personally most excited about the Porsche Mission E. Porsche have promised the Mission E will beat Tesla in a straight line while also being able to go through corners like a true Porsche. It will probably be the first production road car to complete a hot lap on the Nurburgring.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 11:33 AM   #42
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma
Quote:
The problem is the 5000 plus pounds.... , cars are already too heavy and the current hybrids and electrics are ridiculously heavy . Can't make transitional dynamics good with that much weight , and I personally am not happy with a car that can't complete 1/2 a lap at VIR before going into reduced power mode . But for those who are just doing an occasional straight line sprint it definitely works .
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 03:59 PM   #43
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Yay!!
Forum members here way more fun like the M5 is probably more fun overall than Tesla
But love my Tesla and no looking back for me!
M5 CP was my last ICE engine !!!!!

You will get over this electric honeymoon stage, as I did, in a couple years

SSP Spec-R
KW V3/ Corsa Axle back
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 06:20 PM   #44
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Unfortunately, pure electric drive trains are where future M cars are going. I hate the idea of an M car with no internal combustion engine but in 10, 15, 20 years we will be seeing M5's and M3's with only batteries. It's inevitable and cars like the Model S are forcing car manufacturers to shift their focus, also because of global warming laws and regulations imposed by governments. We just gotta wait until the technology matures. The new 2018 Porsche Panamera 4E batteries will still only hold a charge for 30 miles of pure electric range and will take up to 5.8 hours to full charge the batteries. One day they are going to figure how to make the batteries smaller, lighter, 5x times the range and with much faster charging times. That's when we'll see electric M cars and probably pure electric 911's for that matter.

Appreciate 0