M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Deadly M8 crash in the Bay Area

07-01-2020, 07:04 PM   #23
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
the m8c is pricey, I hope he was leasing!

but in any event, I'm sure he'll be fine. I've had many high profile clients that have done far worst and for the most part, been able to start again with a clean slate.

yea, wonder why? it's all about money. These rich idiots running around driving drunk, killing people, there is zero repercussions for them. it's sick.
Like poor idiots don't drink and drive? Just calm down man. Have some empathy. Like another poster said no one leaves their fucking house with the intention to kill someone.

I will be perfectly honest with you, people make mistakes. You and I have never been in situations like this, but life is way more complex than just him drinking and driving.

Also, to the lawyer offering advice, you are a gem of a human being!
Appreciate 6
Belugs318.00
AlexFL7833.00
LSM1118.00
Tenac4504.50
      07-02-2020, 12:02 AM   #24
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
wat the fuck? free? he killed someone.
This is California.
All the looters, police car vandals, burning buildings, also got released, just slap on the wrist.
They just bill it to us the hard working Californians.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 2
TrevorM33317.50
      07-02-2020, 07:00 AM   #25
bubbaboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp, F12 Berlinetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:
wat the fuck? free? he killed someone.
This is California.
All the looters, police car vandals, burning buildings, also got released, just slap on the wrist.
They just bill it to us the hard working Californians.
Gotta hand it to you Californians, you are a resilient group. From the outside looking in, it appears that you all need need to make a whole lotta pretax dollars to live well. It's a beautiful state.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12805.00
      07-02-2020, 08:36 AM   #26
C.D.335xi
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3

Garage List
2014 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Have some empathy. Like another poster said no one leaves their fucking house with the intention to kill someone.
I'll save my empathy for the family and friends of the deceased.
      07-02-2020, 08:59 AM   #27
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belugs View Post
Yea he did something terrible by driving such a machine irresponsibly while drunk and in the process getting into an accident which took a life. But doesn't mean we should condemn him.

I don't think he left his house that day with the intention of killing someone. We also don't have all the facts yet and we do not know if he actually is to blame for the accident.

I think it's okay for a lawyer to offer help. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

My condolences to the family of the deceased
This might be by far the dumbest thing I have read on these forums. Believe me there are some really stupid things written. You don't think he left his house that day with the intention of killing someone. What does that have to do with what he did. He killed someone, it doesn't matter what he was thinking when he left his house and went for a drive while drunk. I don't care what he was thinking.
As for the lawyer willing to do this pro-bono who stated he has defended people who have done far worse. Like what? This guy decided to drink and drive and killed an innocent person. A life is lost because of stupid decisions.
Appreciate 4
jko200136.00
BMWM5NYC496.00
9M711232.50
      07-02-2020, 09:00 AM   #28
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

He would be of a Russian descent... f*cking idiot.

And I'm Russian so don't @ me.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 09:49 AM   #29
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

The face of the degenerate driver
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 04:04 PM   #30
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
This might be by far the dumbest thing I have read on these forums. Believe me there are some really stupid things written. You don't think he left his house that day with the intention of killing someone. What does that have to do with what he did. He killed someone, it doesn't matter what he was thinking when he left his house and went for a drive while drunk. I don't care what he was thinking.
As for the lawyer willing to do this pro-bono who stated he has defended people who have done far worse. Like what? This guy decided to drink and drive and killed an innocent person. A life is lost because of stupid decisions.
as a defense attorney, I've represented multiple members of MS13 that have been charged with multiple Felonies.

This is only a misdemeanor DUI, with a possible Manslaughter.

I've repeatedly represented clients with multiple Murder 1 charges. Gang related where the gang member(s) left their houses and meet up at a common location to exchange guns and ammo for the sole purpose of urban warfare.

so yes, there is people FAR FAR worst than a mistaken DWI.

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 04:09 PM   #31
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

As a prosecutor, I've charged and convicted people of drugs and Prostitution rings. My highest conviction that wasn't a plea deal, was a jury trial for a Class 4 felony with a 10 year jail sentence (8 suspended, 2 to serve; with good behavior and time served at 85% it was like 6 months to go post trial) and a full $100,000 penalty with restitution.

As a defense attorney, I've been up to the class 1 and 2 felonies.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 05:53 PM   #32
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Like poor idiots don't drink and drive? Just calm down man. Have some empathy. Like another poster said no one leaves their fucking house with the intention to kill someone.

I will be perfectly honest with you, people make mistakes. You and I have never been in situations like this, but life is way more complex than just him drinking and driving.

Also, to the lawyer offering advice, you are a gem of a human being!

I wonder if you will have the same sentiments should god forbid something like this happen to your family member.

THROW THE BOOK AT HIM.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 08:43 PM   #33
Belugs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i, 2012 528i

Garage List
Quote:
Hey I didn't say what he did was right so not sure what's dumb about what I said!

I believe it's okay for a lawyer to offer help and I stand by that! Even the justice system believes in that as well...else all criminals would be condemned and thrown in jail or executed without defense and a trial.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2020, 08:53 PM   #34
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I would even argue that some of my theft clients were worst. I've had a guy charged with his third felony theft from a major department store. He would design and sew special clothing, like a jacket with a pocket inside, to hold stolen loot.
I've had a woman who I nicknamed "smash and grab"; because she would go into stores and grab everything before running out of Tysons mall and getting on the metro to Maryland. even she admitted to stealing an average of $200,000 retail per year. she would sell it on ebay for roughly a $100,000 a year tax free.
she drove a Mercedes that was nicer than my $30k car at the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 08:11 PM   #35
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

So sad, my thoughts and prayers are with the victims.
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 11:46 AM   #36
Buddym850icoupe
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i coupe, C43amg sedan

oh man. Thats sad for the family. Why would anyone get in a car buzzed or drunk... and worse, drive fast while buzzed or drunk...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #37
A Need For Speed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Comp Nardo/Aragon

Quote:
the m8c is pricey, I hope he was leasing!

but in any event, I'm sure he'll be fine. I've had many high profile clients that have done far worst and for the most part, been able to start again with a clean slate.

And this is why most people hate fuckin lawyers. Sleaze for hire. I want to take a shower after just reading your posts. Somebody was killed and you hope the killer is OK, even offer free legal help. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. What can you do for the dead women, counselor??
Burger Tuning JB4, H & R 550 springs, spacers 13mm front and 10mm rear, Michelin PS4S 285/30/20 front, 295/30/20 rear, Remus racing exhaust, Eventuri V2 intake, Suntek Ultra PPF entire car, ceramic coated wheels/brakes, 20% ceramic tints, assorted CF bits.
Appreciate 1
Al Pină1838.50
      07-05-2020, 02:21 PM   #38
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Need For Speed View Post
And this is why most people hate fuckin lawyers. Sleaze for hire. I want to take a shower after just reading your posts. Somebody was killed and you hope the killer is OK, even offer free legal help. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. What can you do for the dead women, counselor??

To each his own. I've made a career out of criminal law. Working with and representing police officers, defendants, doctors, lawyers, carpenters and plumbers.
I've successfully represented people from all walks of life in the criminal arena. I've helped police prosecute crimes, and defendants get a fair hearing. I've had all kinds of trials and seen almost everything.
In the same way a doctor of medicine specializes in feet, hands, or a specific area; - so too do lawyers specialize in areas. I'm an attorney that worked in the criminal side, not the civil.
On the civil side, there are tons of ambulance chasing lawyers that will assist the victim(s) in seeking damages and restitution. That was never my speciality.
You wouldn't ask a neurosurgeon to operate on your feet and you won't ask a podiatrist to perform surgery on your skull.

Defendants need help too, they have rights and are entitled to assistance. Often they suffer the most for a whole host of reasons. Victim's damages and suffering might be temporary, but every defendant will have lasting consequences that can last decades.
Many will suffer from PTSD, the same way that military Veterans do when they come back from war. It's traumatic for everyone, and everyone needs help.
Victims will have support from friends, family, church, etc. But often defendants don't have any support or assistance. So it's important that they have friends they can turn to help, and often a defense attorney is that "friend" for a small period of time.
Good people make mistakes too, we are all human. Have some compassion and assist the defendant as best you can.
Appreciate 1
FloridaM5459.50
      07-05-2020, 05:03 PM   #39
Buddym850icoupe
Private
Rep

Quote:
To each his own. I've made a career out of criminal law. Working with and representing police officers, defendants, doctors, lawyers, carpenters and plumbers.
I've successfully represented people from all walks of life in the criminal arena. I've helped police prosecute crimes, and defendants get a fair hearing. I've had all kinds of trials and seen almost everything.
In the same way a doctor of medicine specializes in feet, hands, or a specific area; - so too do lawyers specialize in areas. I'm an attorney that worked in the criminal side, not the civil.
On the civil side, there are tons of ambulance chasing lawyers that will assist the victim(s) in seeking damages and restitution. That was never my speciality.
You wouldn't ask a neurosurgeon to operate on your feet and you won't ask a podiatrist to perform surgery on your skull.

Defendants need help too, they have rights and are entitled to assistance. Often they suffer the most for a whole host of reasons. Victim's damages and suffering might be temporary, but every defendant will have lasting consequences that can last decades.
Many will suffer from PTSD, the same way that military Veterans do when they come back from war. It's traumatic for everyone, and everyone needs help.
Victims will have support from friends, family, church, etc. But often defendants don't have any support or assistance. So it's important that they have friends they can turn to help, and often a defense attorney is that "friend" for a small period of time.
Good people make mistakes too, we are all human. Have some compassion and assist the defendant as best you can.
Whatever your arguments may be, the fact is he is still alive, 2 other people that did nothing wrong are not and there's nothing that will bring them back or replace them and their families and loved ones have to spend the rest of their lives without them. Save your compassion for someone that deserves it.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 07:59 PM   #40
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddym850icoupe View Post
Whatever your arguments may be, the fact is he is still alive, 2 other people that did nothing wrong are not and there's nothing that will bring them back or replace them and their families and loved ones have to spend the rest of their lives without them. Save your compassion for someone that deserves it.
Let me start off by saying my heart goes out to everyone, and I'm not victim blaming. However, in the law there is the principal assumption of the risk. We don’t know all the facts, we aren’t the Judge, Jury or Executioners. We don’t know what happened or who caused the accident. It’s possible the other people were at fault. Maybe they were drinking, maybe their cars malfunctioned, maybe they were driving reckless or dangerously. The facts that we know is that it was late at night, possibly close to midnight. At that hour, you assume the risk that other drivers might be impaired. It’s possible that the “victims” were also drinking. It’s possible the “victims” were at the same bar or establishment as the others. It’s possible they all were speeding.

The simple fact is that we don’t know what happened. In the United States, you are innocent until proven guilty. If the defendant is found guilty, he will pay his debt to society and any potential victims. In the meantime, if you have a unique specialized skill or talent – that you can offer to someone – it’s a shame to waste that talent by not at least offering to help. It’s equivalent to a EMT looking at an accident and not offering to help because they aren’t sure who’s at fault. If you’re a doctor, and you can save someone’s life – you try to do it always, or at least you should try to help.
I donÂ’t care if you are black lives matter, blue lives, or all lives; the facts remain that EVERYONE needs help from time to time; regardless of your color or creed or situation. If you can help another human, you should do so.
Appreciate 1
Belugs318.00
      07-05-2020, 09:30 PM   #41
Buddym850icoupe
Private
Rep

Quote:
Let me start off by saying my heart goes out to everyone, and I'm not victim blaming. However, in the law there is the principal assumption of the risk. We don’t know all the facts, we aren’t the Judge, Jury or Executioners. We don’t know what happened or who caused the accident. It’s possible the other people were at fault. Maybe they were drinking, maybe their cars malfunctioned, maybe they were driving reckless or dangerously. The facts that we know is that it was late at night, possibly close to midnight. At that hour, you assume the risk that other drivers might be impaired. It’s possible that the “victims” were also drinking. It’s possible the “victims” were at the same bar or establishment as the others. It’s possible they all were speeding.

The simple fact is that we don’t know what happened. In the United States, you are innocent until proven guilty. If the defendant is found guilty, he will pay his debt to society and any potential victims. In the meantime, if you have a unique specialized skill or talent – that you can offer to someone – it’s a shame to waste that talent by not at least offering to help. It’s equivalent to a EMT looking at an accident and not offering to help because they aren’t sure who’s at fault. If you’re a doctor, and you can save someone’s life – you try to do it always, or at least you should try to help.
I don’t care if you are black lives matter, blue lives, or all lives; the facts remain that EVERYONE needs help from time to time; regardless of your color or creed or situation. If you can help another human, you should do so.
Agreed but that help, the empathy, the sympathy should go first to innocent victims. There are multiple articles and news stories that tell you who is to blame, what happened and who was impaired. And no its not equivalent to EMTs at all. EMTs don't make big fat paychecks to do what they do nor do they have a choice who they take on as 'clients' unlike lawyers. Nor should u compare a lawyer to a doctor or any health care provider for that matter including EMTs. I actually take personal offense to that.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 08:36 AM   #42
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
I would even argue that some of my theft clients were worst. I've had a guy charged with his third felony theft from a major department store. He would design and sew special clothing, like a jacket with a pocket inside, to hold stolen loot.
I've had a woman who I nicknamed "smash and grab"; because she would go into stores and grab everything before running out of Tysons mall and getting on the metro to Maryland. even she admitted to stealing an average of $200,000 retail per year. she would sell it on ebay for roughly a $100,000 a year tax free.
she drove a Mercedes that was nicer than my $30k car at the time.
You are kidding right? Worse than killing someone? I don't believe you are a lawyer. A paralegal maybe. Where did you graduate law school?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 11:29 PM   #43
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:
You are kidding right? Worse than killing someone? I don't believe you are a lawyer. A paralegal maybe. Where did you graduate law school?
Times 1000x. I call BS on this clown.

I honestly don't think this guy is even an attorney. He writes like trash and can't spell in half his posts.....so he either isn't educated or isn't detail oriented enough to care, both the opposite of what lawyers are let alone successful ones. He claims to have retired at like 40 years old. Yeah, sure. Saul Goodman anyone?
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #44
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddym850icoupe View Post
Agreed but that help, the empathy, the sympathy should go first to innocent victims. There are multiple articles and news stories that tell you who is to blame, what happened and who was impaired. And no its not equivalent to EMTs at all. EMTs don't make big fat paychecks to do what they do nor do they have a choice who they take on as 'clients' unlike lawyers. Nor should u compare a lawyer to a doctor or any health care provider for that matter including EMTs. I actually take personal offense to that.
Lawyers don't all make big salaries or pick and choose clients. The government lawyers can't pick and don't make big bucks.
In criminal defense, public defenders make about as much as an EMT and can't pick clients just like EMT.

Private medical doctors CAN pick and choose clients, and make more $ per hour than 99% of all lawyers.
Appreciate 0